Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 1:28 pm
Posts: 2550
Location: London, Lagos, New York
joplass wrote:
Useless England. This bracket was really soft. France should steam roll this Croatia.


You think? Croatia have sleepwalked into every match so far, but they always come back very strong in the second half. If France underrates these battle hardened Croats, they would regret it like the Euros.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29562
Location: Canada
King Futcha wrote:
ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:
You can only go so far beating up teams like Tunisia and Panama.

:lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the likeness? You beat Tunisia and Panama, and you think you have already won the World Cup? This people sabi make mout. :lol: Mandzukic for MVP :thumbs:


once you said england would win the world cup i knew Croatia would do it, thanks Clay! :thumbs: :thumbs:

:lol: :lol:
Na confusion catch me when Ingland started pretending they were Real Madrid. :lol:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24133
Location: london
England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 1:28 pm
Posts: 2550
Location: London, Lagos, New York
ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:
You can only go so far beating up teams like Tunisia and Panama.

:lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the likeness? You beat Tunisia and Panama, and you think you have already won the World Cup? This people sabi make mout. :lol: Mandzukic for MVP :thumbs:


:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 6019
Looks like England have found their best GK since David Seaman.
Pickford will be a top class goalie for a long time to come.

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:35 am
Posts: 3026
wale1974 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
green4life wrote:
Fackiiiiing warriors! I love em!!


you love them before or after you counted them out? :taunt: :taunt:


:rotf: England have only themselves to blame sha


We missed too many chances. It’s a sad night....


what chances were those? you had one shot on target

Image


Why don't you remove your Bias and Hater hat and go look at the replay........................Where is Sam's Army again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


22 shots by Croatia, 7 on target. 11 for England with 1 on target: Not exactly sure what“ “many chances” it is English “pundits” may be referring to...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 1:28 pm
Posts: 2550
Location: London, Lagos, New York
marko wrote:
England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger


They would never get a draw this easy again. Never. At least when Belgium bashed them this time, they wouldn’t say they lost tactically to avoid a tough half of the draw :taunt: :roll: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48601
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Why did he take off Sterling? To those racist b#sta*ds in the racist press I say, Karma is a nice lady.

Aw common Waffiman are you saying this is the first time he took off a tired Sterling. If anything England lost not because of the substitution but simply because when they had the upper hand they thought football was already coming home forgetting they have to play 90 minutes


Took him off too early.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 2204
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Why did he take off Sterling? To those racist b#sta*ds in the racist press I say, Karma is a nice lady.

Aw common Waffiman are you saying this is the first time he took off a tired Sterling. If anything England lost not because of the substitution but simply because when they had the upper hand they thought football was already coming home forgetting they have to play 90 minutes


Took him off too early.


For real....

_________________
--- Let brotherly love continue ---


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:08 pm
Posts: 6272
Location: Isale Gangan
Its coming home
ts coming home
s coming home
coming home
oming home
ming home
ing home
ng home
g home
home
ome
me
we
we'r
we're
we're c
we're co
we're com
we're comi
we're comin
we're coming
we're coming h
we're coming ho
we're coming hom
we're coming home
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24133
Location: london
Curve whiz wrote:
marko wrote:
England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger


They would never get a draw this easy again. Never. At least when Belgium bashed them this time, they wouldn’t say they lost tactically to avoid a tough half of the draw :taunt: :roll: :lol:


They should not worry too much what group they are put in, they have improved as a team, there will be more players cominqg through the ranks, what is a missing is a creative midfield player like a Pogba or Modric

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:09 pm
Posts: 30007
Could anyone imagine this England team winning the world cup? The more talented team qualified. Thats good for football. This England team seems young, so they have time to mature. They were not strong mentally but they could improve in the next tournaments.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2651
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm
Posts: 114
Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29604
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
This Pickford accent and lisp is a problem in addition to the loss. Doing my head in.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7674
Just imagine England had a creative player like Jack Wilshere in their rank...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.



You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2651
guest83 wrote:
Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.


Lets face it. The moment Russia eliminated Spain this half of the ladder was way weaker than the other half.

France and Belgium were by far better than anything in this half of the ladder.

Croatia played one good game of football in this entire competition, yet plod their way into the final. Lets hope antifootball doesn't win the trophy (albeit the antics of Matuidi and Mbappe deserve a dishonorable mention as well).


Last edited by marutimon on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 2204
Image

Well done lads. You brought the nation together and gave us a summer to remember. You will return to these shores as legends....

_________________
--- Let brotherly love continue ---


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
marutimon wrote:
guest83 wrote:
Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.


Lets face it. The moment Russia eliminated Spain this half of the ladder was way weaker than the other half.

France and Belgium were by far better than anything in this half of the ladder.



France did not beat a Denmark that hadn't lost in the previous 18 games in the 1st round. But Croatia did when it had to. It's not the transitive property, but I think Croatia still stacks up well to a very good French team that is favorite in the final.

Let's see.

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24133
Location: london
Postives for England- they have learnt to pass the ball from behind, no more kick and rush

Negatives- Absense of a play maker like Modric, Pogba, these types of players makes a huge difference in these close games, England need to find a player like this, i saw some under 20 player, think he plays for man city, maybe time for Soutgate to look at other players

When it bores down to it, we have the likes of man united, Real madrid, barcelona, inter milan, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Tottenham, athletico madrid representing in the finals

These guys do it week in week out, huge games by big name players, class always counts at the end if the day

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2651
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.



You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.


Nigeria that totally messed up their first game, an atrocious Argentina side, Iceland, Denmark on penalties, Russia on penalties, England... All knockout phase games among the most sleep inducing matches in World Cup history. Hardly the stuff of legends.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Ikeja
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This must be a joke.

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], oscar52, Schillachi, walesvilla and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group