Luka Modric vs British Press (Video)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Luka Modric vs British Press (Video)

Post by mate »

Don't believe the BS about Luka being hated. Yes, people are disappointed he didn't take a stronger stand against the corrupt mafia that exists in Croatian life. Not least in sports.

But the whole nation is united behind the team. And will reckon with the corruption afterwards. Croatians are more assertive than ever and know Luka is ultimately a victim of the corruption behind mafiosos like Mamic who take $$$ off every player's transfer fees.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

pajimoh wrote:The reason why Nigerians hate the Brits is because we are alike. If Nigeria wins the wc, Una think say the world go rest?
Even in defeat, we don see thread like "Nigeria lost to this Croatia team?" etc Our mouth big pass their own.

I'm sure they might not be singing "football is coming home" in Nigeria, had we reached the SF, but the streets of some of our major cities would have been brought to a standstill and our law makers emptying the state coffers to book tickets for themselves and their ashawo's to be in Russia.

We should take the molt out of our own eye first. Most countries celebrate success
This is not true. Nigerians are the biggest critics of other Nigerians and their teams, even in success. This is the only forum I've been to where the views of haters are often inseparable to those of nationals. When we won the Olympics and age group competitions we didn't try to cook up some imaginary statistical link to prove it meant we would win the World Cup. After the Olympics I never heard anyone say that Babayaro was better than Roberto Carlos, or even King Kanu was better than Ronaldo. The arguments about Messi and Mikel are still on this board, many people saw rightly that destiny was on the side of Messi.
No "London is our good friend" type people tried to strong arm or colo-shame anyone into being a Mikel fan by force.

We are Nigerians, sorry not sorry, if you need to be around mush-mouth and compliant natives you're on the wrong forum :taunt: .
Advocating rational thought since 1987
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mate wrote:Don't believe the BS about Luka being hated. Yes, people are disappointed he didn't take a stronger stand against the corrupt mafia that exists in Croatian life. Not least in sports.

But the whole nation is united behind the team. And will reckon with the corruption afterwards. Croatians are more assertive than ever and know Luka is ultimately a victim of the corruption behind mafiosos like Mamic who take $$$ off every player's transfer fees.
So he is loved back home like we do here :thumbs: :thumbs:
Luka is such a special player the most underrated player this world cup.He is on the Inniesta class.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I blame Mate ... :tic:

Rakitic is the most underrated player in this WC.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Kneedeep wrote:
pajimoh wrote:The reason why Nigerians hate the Brits is because we are alike. If Nigeria wins the wc, Una think say the world go rest?
Even in defeat, we don see thread like "Nigeria lost to this Croatia team?" etc Our mouth big pass their own.

I'm sure they might not be singing "football is coming home" in Nigeria, had we reached the SF, but the streets of some of our major cities would have been brought to a standstill and our law makers emptying the state coffers to book tickets for themselves and their ashawo's to be in Russia.

We should take the molt out of our own eye first. Most countries celebrate success
This is not true. Nigerians are the biggest critics of other Nigerians and their teams, even in success. This is the only forum I've been to where the views of haters are often inseparable to those of nationals. When we won the Olympics and age group competitions we didn't try to cook up some imaginary statistical link to prove it meant we would win the World Cup. After the Olympics I never heard anyone say that Babayaro was better than Roberto Carlos, or even King Kanu was better than Ronaldo. The arguments about Messi and Mikel are still on this board, many people saw rightly that destiny was on the side of Messi.
No "London is our good friend" type people tried to strong arm or colo-shame anyone into being a Mikel fan by force.

We are Nigerians, sorry not sorry, if you need to be around mush-mouth and compliant natives you're on the wrong forum :taunt: .
Do you know Nigerians? People are still saying that Mikel was close to Messi in talent back in 2005. If anything we are one of the most deluded fanbases in football, our team is no more successful than Japan or the USA.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

kalani JR wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:

Do you know Nigerians? People are still saying that Mikel was close to Messi in talent back in 2005. If anything we are one of the most deluded fanbases in football, our team is no more successful than Japan or the USA.
Do you understand your own argument? Mikel was close, in 2005? Speculation over golden ball vs silver ball winner at that moment in time is delusion, OK ooooo....
Even after winning the Olympics in 1996 almost no one went into the Spain match in 1998 expecting to win. We had some good players yes, but we were also very realistic about how much confusion hung over our team.
If believing that we have had the players to get to a WC Quarter-final or Semi-final is deluded that's fine, but don't put us in the same category as people filming themselves jumping on lampposts to snort cocaine because they beat Sweden. ABEG!
Last edited by Kneedeep on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

cic old boy wrote:

Gerrarahia!!
:lol: Oga cic abeg tok true shame devil. You know pajimoh is correct. Almost everything you said about England is applicable to Nigerians. Just read the myriad of threads about Nigeria's WC in the past few months.

To be fair, I think every country overreacts in this manner. There is something about national sport success that brings out an irrational patriotism in people.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kendo wrote:words from Luka Modric post-match:

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired'"
The English media believe its own hype of English players like Kane and the hype of a lousy national team. Modric and Co avoided England the embarrassment of meeting France.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

joplass wrote:
kendo wrote:words from Luka Modric post-match:

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired'"
The English media believe its own hype of English players like Kane and the hype of a lousy national team. Modric and Co avoided England the embarrassment of meeting France.
Nobody should listen to the British pundits, especially Modric and the rest of the world, these guys are in a class of their own, they get paid to say a lot of positive stuff, now the pundits are supporting France overnight, funny enough, a few days ago when they thought England were already in the final, they also thought France will be an easy ride

Sometimes football has a way of humbling people like this, i support the England team as i have seen improvement from years back, they are not the finished article, but i believe by the next world cup, they should be more than ready

I am waiting for the pundits to look down on Belgium team, i think not, they kniw how formidable they are
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

UK media go deeply jingoistic when it comes to sporting events - even foreign born guest commentators on English channels have to keep the charade up. Modric has created a tremendous level of defensiveness amongst the English but those were words way overdue!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Think its about time for some of these pundits to be replaced with ones that actually know about football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mate wrote:Don't believe the BS about Luka being hated. Yes, people are disappointed he didn't take a stronger stand against the corrupt mafia that exists in Croatian life. Not least in sports.

Thanks for clearing it up, Mate. Good luck on Sunday :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kabalega wrote:I blame Mate ... :tic:

Rakitic is the most underrated player in this WC.
No he's not. I actually think he hasn't played as well as he could.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kalinic takes the cake....I can't believe I missed the story
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

I saw a french newspaper presenting Mbappe as the successor of Pele