Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43439
Location: Akoko Highlands
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Can’t believe Jose sold Cech for useless basket Courtois....



What is important now is to ensure Kepa comes with Mrs. Kepa or someone drums it into his head he is moving to London and forget about being homesick.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76643
Location: Earth
71 million pounds on a goalie. Chelsea head no dey house

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3887
Bigpokey24 wrote:
71 million pounds on a goalie. Chelsea head no dey house

Desperate times...man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43439
Location: Akoko Highlands
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
71 million pounds on a goalie. Chelsea head no dey house

Desperate times...man.


It is absurd. If we needed a younger Keeper why not promote Bulka?
We may be desperate for signings, definitely not for a Keeper of 71M.


In 2 years, Keepers will be having BOCs in excess of 200M.

Clubs should be developing their players.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 am
Posts: 14468
Location: Away from Nigeria
who tf is kepa ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 6019
You cant score goals and you have Morata and Tammy freaking Abrahams leading your attack, yet you spend $70M+ on a goal keeper???

Yep, Chelsea's head no dey house...

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 20665
Location: NORTH AMERICA
Lager-back wrote:
who tf is kepa ??

Kepa is keeper. It is self-explanatory. If you want more details than that then contact his mother or consult Oracle Google.

_________________
I keep paraphrasing David Frum in Trumpocracy: if conservatives can't win elections democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm
Posts: 114
Lager-back wrote:
who tf is kepa ??


Another spaniard looking to use the club as a springboard to real or barca if he does well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28720
Real were in for 18m in January, Ogbuagu pulled the plug. Fast forward spring and a bit of summer and it’s 70 odd. Tremendous. Chelsea knew Courtois wanted out, why not seal a deal beforehand. Desperation has forced their hand, even Butland, fresh from his latest gaff, would cost upwards of 30, maybe 40ms.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76643
Location: Earth
Chelsea the mumu FC

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
Kai.. Chelsea desperate times... They need strikers. Morata and Giroud can't be it. Why not just get Keylor Navas

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50477
Relax... 71MP for Kepa minus 35MP for Courtois and that 10MP Cech moni wey we never spend... 26MP for KEPA.. :taunt:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
Coach wrote:
Real were in for 18m in January, Ogbuagu pulled the plug. Fast forward spring and a bit of summer and it’s 70 odd. Tremendous. Chelsea knew Courtois wanted out, why not seal a deal beforehand. Desperation has forced their hand, even Butland, fresh from his latest gaff, would cost upwards of 30, maybe 40ms.


:lol: :lol: :lol: CFC just have a funny way to doing business. And to think that this was the same Marina that was penny pinching over 8M for Sarri. Knew Courtois was leaving since he refused to sign extension back in Jan... Dragged their feet on #1 GK target in Allison. Now Courtois pulls a no show and they go scrambling for a GK arguably not on their initial radar, will pay marginally more. Not a good way of doing business IMO.. But no be my money.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

As for going after Kepa - he is 22 and plays as a keeper sweeper per reports. Butland at 30-40M and 3-4yrs older would have just been a stop gap measure. All na still desperation from poor planning.

In other news - Kovacic might be coming in on loan from Madrid.

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Last edited by analyzer on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
juventuss wrote:
Kai.. Chelsea desperate times... They need strikers. Morata and Giroud can't be it. Why not just get Keylor Navas

Bro, Navas is 31.. CFC's transfer model is about getting very good/talented young players on the verge of becoming WC. Kepa fits that model. Navas would have been a stop gap.

My concern with Kepa is that he is below the avg height for GKs. He is about 6'1".

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50477
we getting Fekir??

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 41326
analyzer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Real were in for 18m in January, Ogbuagu pulled the plug. Fast forward spring and a bit of summer and it’s 70 odd. Tremendous. Chelsea knew Courtois wanted out, why not seal a deal beforehand. Desperation has forced their hand, even Butland, fresh from his latest gaff, would cost upwards of 30, maybe 40ms.


:lol: :lol: :lol: CFC just have a funny way to doing business. And to think that this was the same Marina that was penny pinching over 8M for Sarri. Knew Courtois was leaving since he refused to sign extension back in Jan... Dragged their feet on #1 GK target in Allison. Now Courtois pulls a no show and they go scrambling for a GK arguably not on their initial radar, will pay marginally more. Not a good way of doing business IMO.. But no be my money.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

As for going after Kepa - he is 22 and plays as a keeper sweeper per reports. Butland at 30-40M and 3-4yrs older would have just been a stop gap measure. All na still desperation from poor planning.

In other news - Kovacic might be coming in on loan from Madrid.

Butland is no better than Caballero.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 1335
Kepa may be a better fit for Chelsea compared to Allison. A top young goalkeeper with an upside who will not see playing at Chelsea as a step down (Allison may have, since Chelsea not in Champion's league this year). The only question may be price which is related to timing, but with Conte uncertainty least season, could not have bought him in January.

_________________
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 1335
analyzer wrote:
juventuss wrote:
Kai.. Chelsea desperate times... They need strikers. Morata and Giroud can't be it. Why not just get Keylor Navas

Bro, Navas is 31.. CFC's transfer model is about getting very good/talented young players on the verge of becoming WC. Kepa fits that model. Navas would have been a stop gap.

My concern with Kepa is that he is below the avg height for GKs. He is about 6'1".

Valid concern: Cech 6' 5 and Courtouis 6' 6+

_________________
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43439
Location: Akoko Highlands
Kepa paid his own release clause. Chelsea got him for free.

:sneaky:


https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45113124

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 38016
balo wrote:
Kepa paid his own release clause. Chelsea got him for free.

:sneaky:


https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45113124


Right! This can only be money laundering :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36387
Location: Land of the Terrapins
wanaj0 wrote:
balo wrote:
Kepa paid his own release clause. Chelsea got him for free.

:sneaky:


https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45113124


Right! This can only be money laundering :taunt: :taunt:


Kai :scared: :scared: :scared:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50477
How good is this Fekir dude we are rumoured with? Never watched him

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36387
Location: Land of the Terrapins
paj wrote:
How good is this Fekir dude we are rumoured with? Never watched him


Was part of the French WC winning team, good player, if he joins he fits Sarri's 4-3-3 more than a Moses who might have to leave mid season if not now...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DIMKA76, gochino, Google [Bot], Odas, ogasir, vancity eagle and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group