Fifa investigates England chants during Croatia defeat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kendo
Egg
Egg
Fifa investigates England chants during Croatia defeat

Post by kendo »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44811549

Chants of a "possible discriminatory" nature by England fans during their World Cup semi-final defeat by Croatia, are being investigated by Fifa.

It relates to the chanting of "no surrender" by England fans and other potentially discriminatory songs.

"We can confirm that a report has been filed in relation to chants of a possible discriminatory nature by English fans," said Fifa.

"Proceedings have been opened against The Football Association."

England were beaten 2-1 in Moscow after extra-time as they attempted to reach a first World Cup final since 1966.

They will end their tournament with a third/fourth place play-off against Belgium in St Petersburg on Saturday.

On Wednesday the FA was fined 70,000 Swiss francs (£50,000) after Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Raheem Sterling wore "unauthorised" socks after ignoring a Fifa warning to stop.

The players wore branded ankle support socks over official Nike socks, "breaching media and marketing regulations and the Fifa equipment regulations".
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fifa investigates England chants during Croatia defeat

Post by jette1 »

any pics of the said unauthorized socks
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Not that I have seen.
Fifa are ridiculous.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kendo wrote:Not that I have seen.
Fifa are ridiculous.
It isn't ridiculous. It is just like the Olympics. For the huge sums paid by sponsors, FIFA must police every inch to ensure that sponsors' rights are not violated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics