At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:England need a playmaker of the calibre of Hazard, Moderic of Erickson. They played well actually but were limited in the final third.

Today, DeBrune and Hazard showed that there is no substitute for class. See counter attacks abeg!
England have play makers, they decided to leave them at home for some reason.

Barkley-maybe because of lack of games.
Wilshere
Lallana
Ox
Lallana was injured while Wiltshire and Barkley were considered match rusty. Maybe Oxley-Chambelain could have made a difference. I for one fail to see the hype about Loftis-Cheek. He is not a creative playmaker in my book.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

pajimoh wrote:
General Trousers wrote:At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs - I will leave it there.
You're so right. For the first time England did not go home before Spain thst played like Barcelona, or Germany that played like B. Munich or Brazil, Argentina...

ABEG members were hoping England would play like Arsenal - group stage exit :sneaky: :tic:
Ouch.................Clapback :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Vincent. wrote:
General Trousers wrote:At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs - I will leave it there.
To be fair, England took a step forward from the usual kick-and-rush. They have learned to pass the ball, but they still have a long way to go. Midfield control/creativity is still nowhere. Still completely reliant on set-pieces. Still unable to create chances from open play.
That is something for them to work on. Either they discover a style of play which allows them to overcome this or they work on getting talent to do such. I see Nigeria suffering a similar lack once Mikel retires.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8