2018 WORLD CUP FINAL: FRANCE VS CROATIA 4-2 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
2018 WORLD CUP FINAL: FRANCE VS CROATIA 4-2 (FT)

Post by anikulapo »

I’m really going to miss this World Cup. Best in my lifetime.

Hopefully today is a final worthy of such a wonderful Tournament :thumb:

Lineups coming
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL: FRANCE VS CROATIA

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

France XI: Lloris, Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Lucas, Pogba, Kante, Matuidi, Mbappe, Griezmann, Giroud
Subs: Mandanda, Kimpembe, Lemar, Dembele, Tolisso, Nzonzi, Rami, Fekir, Sidibe, Thauvin, Mendy, Areola

Croatia XI: Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic, Rebic, Rakitic, Brozovic, Perisic, Modric, Mandzukic
Subs: Livakovic, Corluka, Kovacic, Kramaric, Jedvaj, Bradaric, Caleta-Car, Badelj, Pjaca, Pivaric, Lovre Kalinic

Referee: Nestor Pitana (Argentina)

MLK.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

[/video]

:shock: :shock:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm about to go into the football zone.

I'm of course rooting for CROATIA!!!

To win would be the fulfillment of a dream. Marriage, children...a WC win rounds it all out to make my life complete.

Dear Lord, make my life complete. Forgive my iniquities. May Croatia win today!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mate wrote:I'm about to go into the football zone.

I'm of course rooting for CROATIA!!!

To win would be the fulfillment of a dream. Marriage, children...a WC win rounds it all out to make my life complete.

Dear Lord, make my life complete. Forgive my iniquities. May Croatia win today!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Mate, I can't imagine what you are going through mate.

My heart would be beating out of my chest.

If Nigeria ever makes the final, I think I will decide to watch it in the lobby of a Hospital.

Football is not for the faint hearted. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Mate how come Lovren and Vida don't have surnames ending with ic? Are they children of immigrants or something?

Hope your team plays well 8-)
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018 WORLD CUP FINAL: FRANCE VS CROATIA

Post by mate »

I read 70% of the Croatian team is born in Croatia. 30% abroad. It's an encompassing mix.

A smaller number of Croatian last names don't end in "ic".

When I think of France, where I was actually born, I think of majesty, art, architecture, science, literature, and fighting spirit. Of the highest order. France are the ultimate professionals in football. There's noting more France could do to push the envelope right now.

But it still will be 11v11. I take some comfort in that. It isn't the entire Croatia vs the entire France.

We're both putting forth our best platoons. Again, 11v11. We believe!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It seems your destiny has always been red, white and blue. Whether it be your heritage in Croatia, your birthplace in France or your home in America?

You are not a cop by any chance are you? :rotf: :rotf:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I spread myself well: France-Croatia-USA. I figure this should give me footballing glory one way or the other. Of course, on the matter of the USA...well, that's for another time.

:mrgreen:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I just want Pogba to play well
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I cant stand those French fuuks so i'm hesitantly rooting for Croatia mate and his opaks aside. :twisted:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:I’m really going to miss this World Cup. Best in my lifetime.

Lineups coming

Best for me remains 1982.

This one has been long on drama, but short on real quality.

1982 gave us Brazil and Socrates; Italy and Bruno Conti and Collovatti; France and Tigana, Platini and Amoros; Poland and Lato....

The Brazil vs Italy match remains for me the pinnacle...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tbite, no need to book your bed in M*A*S*H, Nigeria won’t be appearing in any World Cup final any time soon.

@Yeye, back to £0 apiece, anything doing here?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Hmmm I think France will win

but I want to put money on Croatia to win.

I'm a complicated guy. :taunt:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In 2017, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp declared Dejan Lovren to be one of the best CDs in the world, and he was roundly ridiculed by English media and pundits.

And here is Lovren ready to lead Croatia out in the biggest game of all, and probably the best CD in the WC next to Varane...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This World Cup is Croatia's to lose.

All the elements are aligned for Croatia. Their coach holds the key.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@ coach:

Keys to the match?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote:@ coach:

Keys to the match?

For me it starts with the positioning of Rakitic and how well they deal with Mbappe.

Mbappe- the breaker of chains, the scourge of low blocks...

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

anikulapo wrote:I’m really going to miss this World Cup. Best in my lifetime.

Lineups coming

Make you wait till France win now.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I go into the zone. See you all at halftime!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:In 2017, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp declared Dejan Lovren to be one of the best CDs in the world, and he was roundly ridiculed by English media and pundits.

And here is Lovren ready to lead Croatia out in the biggest game of all, and probably the best CD in the WC next to Varane...
Klopp was rightfully ridiculed in that case. Lovren is decent and is made much better by those around him, Van Dijk a good example