Rohr has been Vindicated

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
France showed its QUALITY

Post by john12 »

France showed its QUALITY

I told you guys that to perform exceptionally at the WC, you need QUALITY players at QUALITY teams backed by Impartial referees and Goodluck. A good coach is also needed and if you have all these aforementioned list, you can feel entitled. Now, for the future no one dare mention any more backwater players for SE. from now on, newer players must be much better replacement than the older ones or we would just be wasting our time
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr has been Vindicated

Post by ohenhen1 »

He was fired in Europe, couldn't get another job in Europe. Came to Africa, coached teams like Gabon and Niger. Pinnick decided to hire the Niger national team coach to coach Nigeria. I am not surprised that he lacks ambition.
Nigeria was there to learn?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote:He was fired in Europe, couldn't get another job in Europe. Came to Africa, coached teams like Gabon and Niger. Pinnick decided to hire the Niger national team coach to coach Nigeria. I am not surprised that he lacks ambition.
You are particularly fond of saying daft things.

How many time have the following managers been sacked in Europe:

- Mourinho
- Ancelotti
- Capello
- Conte
- Alegri
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

txj wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He was fired in Europe, couldn't get another job in Europe. Came to Africa, coached teams like Gabon and Niger. Pinnick decided to hire the Niger national team coach to coach Nigeria. I am not surprised that he lacks ambition.

- Mourinho
- Ancelotti
- Capello
- Conte
- Alegri
You are fond of not critically looking at the topic.

He was fired in Europe, couldn't get work again in Europe. Niger National team coach is now the SE coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:This is what I like about the English attitude and that of their manager. Southgate said they wanted to seize the opportunity, allow players to express the full extent of their ability, and they weren't their for a dress rehearsal.

Meanwhile, Rohr was talking about learning and that the team was for 2022. :roll:
Not sure what you people expect. We had a team that did not belong in the 2nd round. Doesn't matter how you slice or dice it; we were not better than Croatia and Argentina.

I'm convinced we gave it our all, and left with some positives for the future.
I expected to see a manager making the most of a limited team - as we saw with England, Sweden, Japan, Switzerland or Senegal. Nigeria played well within it's capabilities. We couldn't beat or even draw against a poor Argentina team...

Rohr should stay on for the next AFCON, assuming he gets us there...
You know the difference between the team you mentioned and Nigeria? With the exception of maybe Senegal. The rest have had world Cup experience as a team.. Nigeria came to this world Cup with players majority of whom are playing in the world Cup for the first time.. Many of whom are playing in a national competition together for the first time. Dem no dey buy experience for market.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bigbrovar wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:This is what I like about the English attitude and that of their manager. Southgate said they wanted to seize the opportunity, allow players to express the full extent of their ability, and they weren't their for a dress rehearsal.

Meanwhile, Rohr was talking about learning and that the team was for 2022. :roll:
Not sure what you people expect. We had a team that did not belong in the 2nd round. Doesn't matter how you slice or dice it; we were not better than Croatia and Argentina.

I'm convinced we gave it our all, and left with some positives for the future.
I expected to see a manager making the most of a limited team - as we saw with England, Sweden, Japan, Switzerland or Senegal. Nigeria played well within it's capabilities. We couldn't beat or even draw against a poor Argentina team...

Rohr should stay on for the next AFCON, assuming he gets us there...
You know the difference between the team you mentioned and Nigeria? With the exception of maybe Senegal. The rest have had world Cup experience as a team.. Nigeria came to this world Cup with players majority of whom are playing in the world Cup for the first time.. Many of whom are playing in a national competition together for the first time. Dem no dey buy experience for market.
Yet England had the least experienced team and reached the semi final....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

ohenhen1 wrote:
txj wrote:

- Mourinho
- Ancelotti
- Capello
- Conte
- Alegri
You are fond of not critically looking at the topic.

He was fired in Europe, couldn't get work again in Europe. Niger National team coach is now the SE coach.
Let me help you Dalic worked his way up the ranks in the Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabian professional leagues before coming to this world Cup. This Croatian team are full of experience. They are a prime and blooded team and this is their peak. Nigeria is a team on the raise please give them a chance and allow the to continue his good work. The biggest problem was beating Argentina 4-1 that raised expectations to the point that everyone expected the team to win the world Cup..

Yes the team didn't live to expectations but that is normal of a team in transition. The tournament was a huge learning point for our boys. It provided much needed exposure and we can only go stronger from there. Wing play and the Nigerian way is dead. We have not produced good wingers since the 90s..we have to adapt to the players we have.

When the wingers dried out.. We evolved to playing through the middle and okocha became the most important person in Nigerian football. When he retired we struggled and eventually shoehorned Mikel to that role. Now that we have seen Mikel is not a 10 we switched to 352.. Without a typical play maker at the center.. Tomorrow's formation will depend on the quality of players at our disposal. The future is promising. We have a good bunch and a good coach. No need to be dispirited.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

john12 wrote:I told you guys when we lost to Croatia in game 1 that those CROATIANS players are much better than us and it will take a miracle to defeat them. You guys insulted rohr and called him all sort of names now Croatia are in the finals and people cannot even admit their guilt. Do you guys really believe that with the caliber of players Available at nigeria disposal compared to Croatia and Argentina ROHR deserves to be TERMINATED for losing to them? If you think so, you’re DELUSIONAL, DEMENTED and outright CRAZY. Also, I heard people calling rohr names for not giving onyekuru caps to facilitate his Work permit. If rohr or any Nigerian had done that, he would had been a CROOK, BARAWO, THIEF, OLE, ONYEORY. Nigeria should never ever ever ever give any player caps to facilitate their Work permit and any Nigerian coach or player that supports that motion is a THIEF
So because you don't have PHD and meanwhile your former school mates got theirs therefore your dumbassssss should be vindicated
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

A useless coach.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

john12 wrote:I told you guys when we lost to Croatia in game 1 that those CROATIANS players are much better than us and it will take a miracle to defeat them. You guys insulted rohr and called him all sort of names now Croatia are in the finals and people cannot even admit their guilt. Do you guys really believe that with the caliber of players Available at nigeria disposal compared to Croatia and Argentina ROHR deserves to be TERMINATED for losing to them? If you think so, you’re DELUSIONAL, DEMENTED and outright CRAZY. Also, I heard people calling rohr names for not giving onyekuru caps to facilitate his Work permit. If rohr or any Nigerian had done that, he would had been a CROOK, BARAWO, THIEF, OLE, ONYEORY. Nigeria should never ever ever ever give any player caps to facilitate their Work permit and any Nigerian coach or player that supports that motion is a THIEF
I still think that Croatia is overrated.

Nigeria could've still beaten Croatia if we had the right starting line-up and if we played the right formation and also played attacking soccer.

Croatia couldn't penetrate Nigeria's defense. They only scored lucky goals against us. The 1st one was an own goal and the second one was a penalty.

France is an example of what the Nigerian team should've really been like if everything was well organized in our team. France is a European-African team and that is exactly what Super Eagles is right now. The only difference is that France is better organized than Nigeria.
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

i dont know why i have to reply to this thread

Nigeria had no reason to lose to Croatia

Rohr is to blame for the idiotic selection, what was Mikel doing in no 10

Ighalo had no reason to be in the world cup

we missed out of the second round because of the hopeless Ighalo, with an avrage striker we would have beaten Argentia

the coach needs to sort his brain out with is piss poor selection most especially with our strikers

we did not take our best strikers to the World cup and we did not make the best use of Nacho and Iwobi
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Kabalega wrote:Kai, Naija should go back to local coaches and give them the support they give oyinbo.

It took England a while to settle on Southgate after FCs failed.

The NFF should give, Naija's Southgate, Manu, the keys to the Eagles bus and support him like they have Rohr.
I know there is also Siasia but ManU knows the young players better and they know him.
:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

zee wrote:
bigbrovar wrote:Rohr's tactics against Croatia was aimed at denying Croatia control of the midfield where they are most potent. It worked but also denied Nigeria opportunity to play to their best. We conceded goals which one can attribute to inexperience. An own goal and a very unnecessary penalty. This Nigeria team was inexperience. This world Cup allowed them a chance to cut their teeth and gather very important experience. I laugh when I see post calling the coach all sort of names. This team lacked experience in defence beside Mikel lacked balance in the midfield (lack of a natural left footer) in attack we all saw what happened against Argentina.. The 2 glorious chances thrown away by Ighalo (Croatia England showed what a different an effecient attacker makes in a team)
How people expect Nigeria to perform well in this world Cup with strikers like Ighalo and Iheanacho (given their form in the tournament) is beyond me. The same coach you malign here was one of the few who stuck to and believed in Musa.. The same Musa who saved the blushes of our front men. If left for many here Nigeria would have lost all the games in the world Cup.

Nigeria based on the team we fielded didn't do too badly. The boys went down fighting against Argentina till the very last minutes. We can only look into the future with this coach. He made mistakes not because he is not good. (he is not the best, we can't afford the best) but because he is human and this is a learning period for him.. Westerof and Bonferee Jo had over 5 years to deliver success to Nigeria. I still remember how we almost lost Tunisia 94 final after Westerof removed Okocha for Nduka Ogbade. Let us give Rohr the chance to continue with this team.. If we sack him now we would come back to square one and Nigeria would be the worse for it.
That was then.......................................Remind me how many years it took this ................

LEGEND :clap: :clap: to deliver his success and Wowo imbeciles were still calling for his head.
ROhr failed big time and we don't need no silly Wowo excuses to retain him.
SACK THE FOOTBALL-COWARD..............NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Precisely! The person who was vindicated in my opinion is Keshi
who has a better WC record than Rohr in spite of the meddling,
second guessing and lack of support he had to contend with.

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Kai, Naija should go back to local coaches and give them the support they give oyinbo.

It took England a while to settle on Southgate after FCs failed.

The NFF should give, Naija's Southgate, Manu, the keys to the Eagles bus and support him like they have Rohr.
I know there is also Siasia but ManU knows the young players better and they know him.

Do you mean Manu Garba?

Manu Garba is a good youth coach, perfect for the U17 team.
This is part of the very peculiar Nigerian problem.
Manu is out of the equation now simply because he failed at his ONE attempt at the U20 WC.
He went from Hero to Zero in a few short days simply because Nigerians do not have the wherewithal to travel a much-required learning curve.

Instant gratification is all we know.
On what objective basis have you reached your grand conclusion? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think the bolded part is true. We just haven't had leaders
who are willing to support the likes of Manu like some, including
Pinnick, are supporting Rohr right now.

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

globalinksnn wrote:i dont know why i have to reply to this thread

Nigeria had no reason to lose to Croatia

Rohr is to blame for the idiotic selection, what was Mikel doing in no 10

Ighalo had no reason to be in the world cup

we missed out of the second round because of the hopeless Ighalo, with an avrage striker we would have beaten Argentia

the coach needs to sort his brain out with is piss poor selection most especially with our strikers

we did not take our best strikers to the World cup and we did not make the best use of Nacho and Iwobi
I agree with you and I think that Rohr needs to be fired.
I hold him responsible for Nigeria's exit from the World Cup.
I still can't understand why he didn't bring in Alex Iwobi on time to play against Argentina when Iwobi clearly scored 2 goals against them in the friendly.