Gernot Rohr is WC final TV expert with Oliver Khan-German tv

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: Gernot Rohr is WC final TV expert with Oliver Khan-Germa

Post by Kneedeep »

john12 wrote:And you don’t think argentines had ambition or ruthlessness ok o
You're right their ambition is better than ours, next time we should paint okuko on our jerseys, after all France did it and it worked for them :lol:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You guys wants to reap where you didn’t sow. Success is not achieved overnight and it takes years of planning, working etc.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:You guys wants to reap where you didn’t sow. Success is not achieved overnight and it takes years of planning, working etc.
........and not by playing cowardly football.
Sack.the football coward immediately. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:Gernot Rohr is an experienced manager and is eminently qualified.

I do NOT like his style. But people need to respect his qualifications and his qualities.

Top managers know their teams. We have the foundation of a good team, but not a team that is a 2nd round team.

Going fwd, we just need to build on it...
The team was clearly capable of reaching the 2nd round - there was a shortfall of ambition, and ruthlessness vs Argentina. Fine margins as usual.
What is the basis of this assertion when most of you did not even pick us to beat Iceland when the group teams were announced talkless Argentina and Croatia? If anything, you are able to make this assertion now because of how Rohr's tactics kept us competitive.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Coward football my Nyash. You play against Messi, Aguero, demaria, hinguain all world class ruthless forwards you must respect them by staying organized or get ripped the fvkc up like a bish. He got his tactics 500% spot on
Last edited by john12 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How can you play with TWO strikers and label that as coward football? I guess you haven’t really seen Anti-football also defending is quite as important as attacking and there’s beauty in defending
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

I do NOT like his style. But people need to respect his qualifications and his qualities.

Top managers know their teams. We have the foundation of a good team, but not a team that is a 2nd round team.

The team was clearly capable of reaching the 2nd round - there was a shortfall of ambition, and ruthlessness vs Argentina. Fine margins as usual.

Not in the group we were in. There is no objective basis beyond patriotism to make that assertion.
Loser talk.

The coach made tactical errors in a game that would have elevated him from a coach coming to the World Cup to gain experience to a good coach.

It is not like his errors in making timely subs is a new phenomenon with him.

He lost against an Argentine team that was in disarray. A team that had players calling the strategy and tactics. Thankfully, in the second round, France showed everybody that Argentina was exactly who we thought they were.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:How can you play with TWO strikers and label that as coward football? I guess you haven’t really seen Anti-football also defending is quite as important as attacking and there’s beauty in defending
Rohr is a full blown Coward :curse:
While Oliver Kahn credited the skills of Mbappe & Greizmann as game-changers, our football-coward was heaping praises on Giroud :lol: and the look on the faces of other panelists was like.......'what the f-ck is this clown saying?' :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

What is the basis of this assertion when most of you did not even pick us to beat Iceland when the group teams were announced talkless Argentina and Croatia? If anything, you are able to make this assertion now because of how Rohr's tactics kept us competitive.
I picked Nigeria to qualify from the group when the draw was made..

The assertion is based on what we witnessed on the pitch. A little ambition goes a long way.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:And you don’t think argentines had ambition or ruthlessness ok o
That's the problem, dummy :D - they had it, we lacked it. They came to be ruthless, we came to learn about being ruthless.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Quality and biased referee was the difference
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:Quality and biased referee was the difference
......and a daft football coward :curse: for a coach.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:Coward football my Nyash. You play against Messi, Aguero, demaria, hinguain all world class ruthless forwards you must respect them by staying organized or get ripped the fvkc up like a bish. He got his tactics 500% spot on
You must think these guys are in their prime dude.

They aren't nada. They rightly got found in G16.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His tactics was 500% spot on and any sensible coach will do the same considering the caliber of players at his disposal. He was playing against Malawi, or Togo for goodness sake
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote: We were not the 2nd best team in the group.

- not by quality of players
- goals scored
- chances created
- experience

The job of a manager is to put his team/players in a position to win.

On the balance vs Argentina, Rohr put his team in a position to win.

He was failed by players not taking the opportunities they had.
This is a very football-by-numbers approach you're taking here.

Were Sweden and Mexico the top teams in their group by quality of players, chances created or experience?
No. Its football by the facts.

Germany collapsed and MEX/SWE took advantage of it. They had both the players and the team to be able to do so.

In our case, in spite of Argentina's poor performance, they are unique in the sense that they had Lionel Messi who changes everything in the game.

In the three games in our group, our overall performance truly reflected our abilities going in.

I understand the patriotic fervor and all, but that is the fact.
Yet we were only minutes away from qualifying...

I disagree. The Croatia game, above all, was not a reflection of the extent of this team's possibilities. I don't think the team is great by any means but it's better than it showed.

There's always a margin for improvement and I wasn't thrilled by our approach. But it is a legitimate approach as we saw Deschamps pretty much do the same thing vs Croatia to win the WC. And note that from a Croatian perspective, it was also not a reflection of their team's possibilities.

What I saw was a team and manager who were unsure of their best XI going into the tournament and throughout it....

Most managers are not sure of their teams going into a tournament and typically DISCOVER it in the process. Same with France, Croatia, Uruguay, Russia, etc.
Problem with the Croatia game wasn't just the tactical approach. Their was little self-belief. Nobody was expecting such a dire and insipid performance.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:His tactics was 500% spot on and any sensible coach will do the same considering the caliber of players at his disposal. He was playing against Malawi, or Togo for goodness sake
Don't worry. The ANCQs are approaching and we'll see who is who soon enough....
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:His tactics was 500% spot on and any sensible coach will do the same considering the caliber of players at his disposal. He was playing against Malawi, or Togo for goodness sake
The football coward :curse: lost at home to South Africa..... freaking south Africa.
This cowardly buffoon should be kicked the hell out and never be seen near the SE again.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The YeyeMan wrote:
1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

The assertion is based on what we witnessed on the pitch. A little ambition goes a long way.
What was your basis of picking Nigeria to qualify from the group when the draw was made? Was it because of our top 15 position on the FIFA ranking, or our prior performances against these teams, or our players performances at their clubs, or their performances in the prior African cup of Nations or in the recently concluded Champions League? What exactly, apart from delusion, was your basis for picking them to qualify from the group?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Same way he defeated Cameroon, Algeria, Argentina, Poland and Zambia e must continue. A country that presently only has 1 world class player shouldn’t be too arrogant
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The act of defending Is quite as important as attacking I don’t get this “football coward” bull crap because there’s beauty in defending
Last edited by john12 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

What was your basis of picking Nigeria to qualify from the group when the draw was made? Was it because of our top 15 position on the FIFA ranking, or our prior performances against these teams, or our players performances at their clubs, or their performances in the prior African cup of Nations or in the recently concluded Champions League? What exactly, apart from delusion, was your basis for picking them to qualify from the group?
The same basis that PROUD Croatians picked their team to make the final....'cos they know that their coach will never set them up to play like football cowards.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
1naija wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Form.

Stay off the Jack Daniels, please.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:The act of defending Is quiet as important as attacking I don’t get this “football coward” bull crap because there’s beauty in defending
Thanks be to God that you at least recognize defending itself if done INFELLIGENTLY AND TACTICALLY is an art of its own.. The Italians perfected it, and lots of teams even average ones did it superbly in this tournament (Iran and several others). Your Rohr failed to make smart decisions with just 5 mins to spare for Nigeria to qualify ahead of Argentina, let's forget Ighalo's miss for a sec, what stopped the clueless moron called Rohr from seeing out a game we pretty much had under control by taking out the tired legs and bringing fresh legs? the subs won't have only killed time but giving us better defensive options against a very frustrated Argentinian side. But what did our dear coach do? he suddenly turned into a dummy and cluelessly allowed tired legs to defend against fresh legs from the opposition... Little wonder Argentina scored from a fresh keg(Pavon) outpacing a tired leg(Idowu) to give the assist that sealed our fate.