Paul Labile Pogba - WORLD CHAMPION

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paul Labile Pogba - WORLD CHAMPION

Post by marko »

Maybe you can explain why he is not a world class player?

A good player is reliable in matches and maintains the pace and flow of the game - A great player reliable in matches and changes the pace and flow of the game. Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc are all players who can change the pace of the game with one crucial play.

A good player does what is asked. A great player does more than required - You’ve heard the stories. When Cristiano Ronaldo was rising through the ranks as a youth player, there were stories of him being caught in the weight room (in the middle of the night) working on his dribbling skills. He had weights tied to his ankles because he wanted to increase his foot speed.

A good player understands the fundamentals. A great player knows the fundamentals and is naturally talented. - Good players are technically sound in all aspects of the game (passing, dribbling, first touch, awareness, etc.). The greatest players however have all shown signs early in their development of having a creative genius. The examples are clear. Look at videos of Ronaldinho as a child or Messi as a child. Their talent was undeniable. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard, but when talent works hard you have the recipe for a legendary player.

A good player is a part of the machine. A great player is the head of the machine. - Good players are important pieces of every line up and are often difficult to replace. They hold down and play their position well. A great player is irreplaceable and is someone who most of the play goes through. Leaving this player out of the line up will cause a noticeable change in the performance of a team. In crucial moments you often hear players and coaches yelling to give that player the ball because they have the potential to win a game.

A great player has accolades to back up their greatness. - Look at many of the players that are considered some of the all time greats: Zidane, Maradona, Pele, etc. What do they have in common? They have all won a World Cup. Being a great player often means being able to lead your team/country to championships and WIN.

Prior to coming to united, Pogba won 4 titles at Juventus, at united, Mourinho uses him in a different position than Juventus, he had to adjust his game, play messi as a defensive midfielder and be will be an average player

The world class talent has always been there for everyone to see, when Pogba does not play for united, we look ordinary, go check his assist stats, its right up there

Playing for France and especially at the knock out stage and he is a big game player and always been, he started playing his best football in the last 2 years, took out Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia, only world class players are capable of been consistent at that level

Also he has the honours to back this up, well i dont need to write what he has won in the game

So please tell us if he is not world class, explain?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bret- hart wrote:10 pages and 2 threads later and still no coherent explanation as to why Pogba is a world class player. Im begining to suspect i was right all along. :lol:
What is a world class player? Please define or explain what exactly you mean by someone being a world class player?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
bret- hart wrote:10 pages and 2 threads later and still no coherent explanation as to why Pogba is a world class player. Im begining to suspect i was right all along. :lol:
What is a world class player? Please define or explain what exactly you mean by someone being a world class player?

Pogba is a top player, with world class potential.

Having led France to the WC, albeit with some inconsistent performances, he is well on his way. He just only needs to play consistently at a high level.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Pogba is a top player, with world class potential.

Having led France to the WC, albeit with some inconsistent performances, he is well on his way. He just only needs to play consistently at a high level.
Time and again I have tried to address this issue that is so often bandied about. What is a world class player?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I asked 1st didn't I. Why should I answer my own question. I asked since 2015 why you all think Pogba is a world class player and all I get are deflections and excuses. I have asked you so called experts why you all think Pogba is the best or one of the best midfielders in the world and not 1 person has given me a clear coherent answer.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:I asked 1st didn't I. Why should I answer my own question. I asked since 2015 why you all think Pogba is a world class player and all I get are deflections and excuses. I have asked you so called experts why you all think Pogba is the best or one of the best midfielders in the world and not 1 person has given me a clear coherent answer.
Old boy how can anyone give you a proper answer until you tell us what is your definition of world class? So clearly being a key player in winning a WC while beating other classy players like Messi, Modric, Neymar etc isn’t enough to fit whatever your definition is...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Best Number 10 in the world, no contest! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I asked 1st didn't I. Why should I answer my own question. I asked since 2015 why you all think Pogba is a world class player and all I get are deflections and excuses. I have asked you so called experts why you all think Pogba is the best or one of the best midfielders in the world and not 1 person has given me a clear coherent answer.
Old boy how can anyone give you a proper answer until you tell us what is your definition of world class? So clearly being a key player in winning a WC while beating other classy players like Messi, Modric, Neymar etc isn’t enough to fit whatever your definition is...

He was not key to France winning the WC. Kante and Mbappe were. Kai Nigerians can lie. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Against Argentina the moron was running into Cul de sacs. It was Mbappe that took the game by the scruff of the neck and destroyed the Argies all by himself. He has a WC medal. Good for him. Do you also know who has WC medals... passengers like Givach and Karembau. Pogba is in good company.

Thank God for PSG showing us once again what a overhyped overrated player he is. I guess beating scrubs from Fulham and Burnley makes one World class these days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

He was not key to France winning the WC. Kante and Mbappe were. Kai Nigerians can lie. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Against Argentina the moron was running into Cul de sacs. It was Mbappe that took the game by the scruff of the neck and destroyed the Argies all by himself. He has a WC medal. Good for him. Do you also know who has WC medals... passengers like Givach and Karembau. Pogba is in good company.

Thank God for PSG showing us once again what a overhyped overrated player he is. I guess beating scrubs from Fulham and Burnley makes one World class these days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kante that was subbed in the final after having a terrible game? Vs Pogba that scored? You sure sey you ok?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Kante that was subbed in the final after having a terrible game? Vs Pogba that scored? You sure sey you ok?

I should be asking you if you are ok. Who got France to that final?? Was it Pogba who was rubbish in the 1st 6 games or was it Kante and Mbappe who got France there. And even in the Final Pogba was not the MVP again it was Mbappe who terrorised the Croatians and scored a brilliant goal in the prosses. Kante had a so so game so what? The guy was the heart and soul of that French team while Pogba was a passanger. Kai Nigerians and their ability to twist and lie. Look man if Kante and Mbappe were absent from the French team, France would have been knocked out by that yeye Argentinian team. Thats how integral they were to France winning the WC.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I should be asking you if you are ok. Who got France to that final?? Was it Pogba who was rubbish in the 1st 6 games or was it Kante and Mbappe who got France there. And even in the Final Pogba was not the MVP again it was Mbappe who terrorised the Croatians and scored a brilliant goal in the prosses. Kante had a so so game so what? The guy was the heart and soul of that French team while Pogba was a passanger. Kai Nigerians and their ability to twist and lie. Look man if Kante and Mbappe were absent from the French team, France would have been knocked out by that yeye Argentinian team. Thats how integral they were to France winning the WC.
See how you have twisted the whole argument, you said Pogba was not a key (never said the key) to their WC win. I pointed out that Kante had a stinker in the Final and Pogba scored, so clearly he was A KEY in their WC win. All the rest of your yarns are just hot air. The way you are arguing you would think that I said Kante and Mbappe were not WC, which I clearly didn't. I'm speaking about Pogba who was a key just like Mbappe and Kante. Some slacked in some games and others picked it up, but they were A key to France's victory and contributed a lot esp with Pogba playing every game, its not like he was a bit part player, he was part and parcel of that team, even the heart of it. There were all those videos of them in the locker room and Pogba was the most vocal player pushing the team, reminding them of their objective, making sure everybody was ontop of their game, being their leader. Theres simply no reason to try to sh1t on him when it was clear he was a main part of their team and their victory!

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

goke313 wrote:more of a captain than Lloris

Pogba speech before the Argentina game: "I don't want to go home tonight. We don't go home. All together. Warriors. We are going to kill those Argentines. Messi or not, we don't give a #$%, we will win this %$#@^& World Cup."
:???: :???: :???:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba is world class beyound doubt! Go ask Chelsea this question about Pogba, right now, he is delivering, only a matter of time those sharks of madrid offer united 200 million! If you want to know how good he is, take him out of united line up and we look ordinary, world class players, sometimes, they dont anything on the pitch, then in a split sec, they conjure some magic, i am very happy for him, he has kept Souness, gary neville, carragher, paul ince, trevor francis quiet for 8 weeks, at this rate, they will be sacked as pundits, their TV roles is dependent on Pogba not playing well, what player in Europe is better then him at what he does best? Pls give me names
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:? :? :?

this loser clearly has an agenda

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote::? :? :?

this loser clearly has an agenda
Graeme souness is a prick! Talking about percentages, well that does not win games, not one shot on target! If not for that stupid Mourinho, united would be closer to both city and liverpool, Souness should be sacked for that TV job, total angel*

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arise...Sir Paul Pogba

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:Poor Pogba!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bump:
http://www.naijiant.com/
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at ignorance in full display. :lol: :lol: Who is the highest scoring midfielder in the League this season?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

PFA Team of the Year: Ederson (Manchester City); Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool); Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City); Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Liverpool).
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote:
PFA Team of the Year: Ederson (Manchester City); Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool); Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City); Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Liverpool).
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: