Corruption killing sports in Nigeria, Amokachi alleges Read

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Corruption killing sports in Nigeria, Amokachi alleges Read

Post by skillful »

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/cor ... i-alleges/
We know what went down in the u17 camp :curse:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Corruption killing sports in Nigeria, Amokachi alleges

Post by Ekorian »

In other breaking news, Micheal Jackson is dead and Trump won the US election.....

By the way, the article was written in 2016
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ekorian wrote:In other breaking news, Micheal Jackson is dead and Trump won the US election.....

By the way, the article was written in 2016
Ekorian, the article might be dated, but we are aware that the corruption is still prevalent. If anything, it has gotten worse and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Otherwise, if someone reposts the article in 2022 and we are still in this quagmire, it'll not be funny or politically correct to simply stand pat.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

What's happening in our sports is a microcosm of the systemic corruption in our country in general. And please, kindly tell me how repeating the same thing we've debated for years on this site will help with the situation of things on the ground.
Last edited by Ekorian on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ekorian wrote:What's happening in our sports is a microcosm of the systemic corruption in our country in general. And please, kindly tell me how repeating the same thing we've debated for years on this site will help with the sitiation of things on the ground.
I tend to agree that it might be quite irritating to read a rehash of a previously posted story, but maybe reminding us will enable some action. If we take it upon ourselves to fight the gargantuan corruption in our every nook-here, sports- we can progressively reduce its incidence. Doing nothing and saying nothing is worse than reposting a story that highlights the very corrosive effect corruption has in our society.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Obong wrote:
Ekorian wrote:What's happening in our sports is a microcosm of the systemic corruption in our country in general. And please, kindly tell me how repeating the same thing we've debated for years on this site will help with the situation of things on the ground.
I tend to agree that it might be quite irritating to read a rehash of a previously posted story, but maybe reminding us will enable some action. If we take it upon ourselves to fight the gargantuan corruption in our every nook-here, sports- we can progressively reduce its incidence. Doing nothing and saying nothing is worse than reposting a story that highlights the very corrosive effect corruption has in our society.
The stale story is totally useless and inflammatory unless there's an evidence that Ugbade is also asking for 250K Naira in 2019.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Amo should keep quiet. He himself is very corrupt.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Sir V wrote:Amo should keep quiet. He himself is very corrupt.
Wasn’t he campaigning for the corruption general in chief of Nigeria
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."