Super Eagle Shehu Abdullahi reportedly batters wife

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagle Shehu Abdullahi reportedly batters wife

Post by john12 »

I don’t know if what I’m reading here is correct but I hope I am wrong and Nigerians do not have this sort of mentality. There’s no argument in this situation if shehu did indeed beat his wife mercilessly then he must not represent Nigeria until situation is resolved
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Vindave wrote:In as much I am not supporting this oppressive, shameful and brutal behaviour from Shehu, I think we should leave their family matter for them to handle. A lot of people here do the same but they are quick to come out in the open to judge others because the news carriers didn't see their own ugly side of family affairs.
Kpom
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Maybe we need new NFF regulations. Domestic violence should fetch an automatic three month ban from the Super Eagles. We need to have zero tolerance for it!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ray Rice was suspended for such......................Until this situation is solved drop him from the National Team.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:
kawawa wrote:
jette1 wrote:
john12 wrote:If he is found guilty then that should be the end of him at SE for now. We cannot be inviting players that beat their wifes
"beat their wife" Such a crochet .
As always you are essentially blowing smoke before even knowing any details. But even if we were to go off the little information on that report. Any rational person would first express sympathy for Shehu and take his side because he is the victim here - of emotional abuse. Violence is never a good thing when it happens but you cannot at the same time dismiss human emotion which often is the first instinct we default to in such situations before we come to our senses.
I hope you are not implying there is a situation where it will be justifiable he beats his wife. Agree we don’t know details but if he did how on earth can he be the victim?
problem is that the inherent western cultural hypocrisy of trying too hard to right all their wrong doings on human rights and centuries of subjugation of women has bamboozled all of you slave boys and uncle toms. And you ask how is he the victim. Abuses come in different forms. Shehu is subjected to emotional abuse by his wife if infact his wife is disrespecting the very sanctity of the Union by engaging another man to penetrate her period. That also is a form of violent communication. Violence is not confined to physical abuse only. Emotional abuse is a form of violence hence Shehu is a victim first. Did I make it clear enough.
Jette1
Emotional abuse does not justify physical abuse in any way or at any place. If Shehu was emotionally abused then there are ways, much better, for handling that situational. Recourse to physical abuse should never be justified or recommended.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If guilty, kicked out from the team, he is a crap player anyway
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote:
jette1 wrote:
kawawa wrote:
jette1 wrote:
john12 wrote:If he is found guilty then that should be the end of him at SE for now. We cannot be inviting players that beat their wifes
"beat their wife" Such a crochet .
As always you are essentially blowing smoke before even knowing any details. But even if we were to go off the little information on that report. Any rational person would first express sympathy for Shehu and take his side because he is the victim here - of emotional abuse. Violence is never a good thing when it happens but you cannot at the same time dismiss human emotion which often is the first instinct we default to in such situations before we come to our senses.
I hope you are not implying there is a situation where it will be justifiable he beats his wife. Agree we don’t know details but if he did how on earth can he be the victim?
problem is that the inherent western cultural hypocrisy of trying too hard to right all their wrong doings on human rights and centuries of subjugation of women has bamboozled all of you slave boys and uncle toms. And you ask how is he the victim. Abuses come in different forms. Shehu is subjected to emotional abuse by his wife if infact his wife is disrespecting the very sanctity of the Union by engaging another man to penetrate her period. That also is a form of violent communication.
Violence is not confined to physical abuse only. Emotional abuse is a form of violence hence Shehu is a victim first. Did I make it clear enough.
Jette1
Emotional abuse does not justify physical abuse in any way or at any place. If Shehu was emotionally abused then there are ways, much better, for handling that situational. Recourse to physical abuse should never be justified or recommended.
Please restate that to reflect what actually happened before we can fairly address it, if we are starting from an already misjudged inaccurate description of what we are judging there cannot be fairness talk less justice
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Vindave wrote:In as much I am not supporting this oppressive, shameful and brutal behaviour from Shehu, I think we should leave their family matter for them to handle. A lot of people here do the same but they are quick to come out in the open to judge others because the news carriers didn't see their own ugly side of family affairs.

speak for yourself o. I for one don't think I belong to a forum with a lot of wife-beaters!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I see all the 'saints' herein casting judgement on Shehu. Making public denouncement of this situation is
easy, but should not conclude guilt. Imagine if the story was sensationalized and both parties decide to
reconcile, what would have been achieved by all the self serving holier-than-thou pronouncements?
People should learn to not judge too quickly.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Ok which SE was involved in this wickedness. Calling a player's wife while he is serving his fatherland at the World Cup? I can check in 5 minutes flat so come out and confess before I gbab you.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Maybe we need new NFF regulations. Domestic violence should fetch an automatic three month ban from the Super Eagles. We need to have zero tolerance for it!
And it should also apply to all NFF or NFA officials and staff too... even to CE.

Domestic violence is bigger than you think... Men do get abused as well... there are some women that slap their husbands at home... there are some ladies that enjoy been beating as well, they can even wake up a dead husband (sleeping husband) to come slap them before they feel good.... and they are okay by it. However, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MUST BE CONDEMNED IN TOTALITY... BUT NOT THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE CALLING FOR SHEHU'S HEAD.

The violence can even be over exagirated
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Super Eagles defender’s wife debunks assault story
http://sportscompass.com.ng/2018/07/17/ ... ult-story/
Dapo 4 hours ago 0 32 1 minute read

The wife of Super Eagles defender, Shehu Abdullahi, Mrs. Sumayya Abdullahi, has debunked the rumour that has been trending on social media that her husband assaulted her.
“I will like the general public to know that my husband has been nothing but a good, loving and caring husband, he has never raised his voice at me let alone raise his hand to assault me.
“The pictures posted where I had a black eye was from an accident I had and not as a result of battering from my husband. I love my husband very well and we are happily married. We take this false story as a test of faith from Allah because no blessing will come to you without a test,” Mrs Sumayya Abdullahi said.
The Super Eagles defender, Shehu Abdullahi, was last week alleged to have battered his wife, Sumayya Mustapha, over suspicion of infidelity after a strange phone call linked with cheating.
The incident was reported to happen on Saturday night, at the couple’s residence in Sokoto. It was gathered that Sumayya was on the phone with a friend and suddenly ended the call when Shehu came into her room.
It was alleged that, when the phone rang again, she refused to pick the call as her husband was always eavesdropping on her phone calls with friends and family members alike. She was reported to have claimed that, at times, Shehu would hide to record her conversations.
She was also quoted to have revealed that her Super Eagle husband was fond of accessing her phone while she is asleep to suspiciously read her chats and text messages, and regularly screen shots her chats. She was said to have been fed up of the whole situation and refused to pick her call in his presence, despite his insistence.
Shehu was reported to have been angered by her refusal and allegedly pounced on her leaving her with a black eye. But the woman claimed to have beaten black and blue has denied the incident and called it the work of detractors who are jealous of their loving marriage.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:
Super Eagles defender’s wife debunks assault story
http://sportscompass.com.ng/2018/07/17/ ... ult-story/
Dapo 4 hours ago 0 32 1 minute read

The wife of Super Eagles defender, Shehu Abdullahi, Mrs. Sumayya Abdullahi, has debunked the rumour that has been trending on social media that her husband assaulted her.
“I will like the general public to know that my husband has been nothing but a good, loving and caring husband, he has never raised his voice at me let alone raise his hand to assault me.
“The pictures posted where I had a black eye was from an accident I had and not as a result of battering from my husband. I love my husband very well and we are happily married. We take this false story as a test of faith from Allah because no blessing will come to you without a test,” Mrs Sumayya Abdullahi said.
The Super Eagles defender, Shehu Abdullahi, was last week alleged to have battered his wife, Sumayya Mustapha, over suspicion of infidelity after a strange phone call linked with cheating.
The incident was reported to happen on Saturday night, at the couple’s residence in Sokoto. It was gathered that Sumayya was on the phone with a friend and suddenly ended the call when Shehu came into her room.
It was alleged that, when the phone rang again, she refused to pick the call as her husband was always eavesdropping on her phone calls with friends and family members alike. She was reported to have claimed that, at times, Shehu would hide to record her conversations.
She was also quoted to have revealed that her Super Eagle husband was fond of accessing her phone while she is asleep to suspiciously read her chats and text messages, and regularly screen shots her chats. She was said to have been fed up of the whole situation and refused to pick her call in his presence, despite his insistence.
Shehu was reported to have been angered by her refusal and allegedly pounced on her leaving her with a black eye. But the woman claimed to have beaten black and blue has denied the incident and called it the work of detractors who are jealous of their loving marriage.

K LEG.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

speak for yourself o. I for one don't think I belong to a forum with a lot of wife-beaters!

But he was speaking for himself ... although ANC kpommed him. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

1naija wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

But he was speaking for himself ... although ANC kpommed him. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hmm, face battered from an 'accident'...anyways na their business sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!