Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 15557
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314

_________________
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=657&cc=5901
http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nga/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1323
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314

A lot of the French players are huge achievers at relatively young ages.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7793
He is very solid player. I think France's 2 center backs were amazing in this tournament. Umtiti and Varane.
Bepanda


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 58298
bepanda wrote:
He is very solid player. I think France's 2 center backs were amazing in this tournament. Umtiti and Varane.
Bepanda

Those two + Kante and Mbappe are why they are world champs. France the WC on the back of solid defending ("anti-football?).

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8022
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!

Wrong career choices by agents. Also they all want to come to England where there are issues with work permits.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:09 pm
Posts: 30142
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314

Amazing! What out for Mbappe too. Apparently he is the only teen who has scored in a world cup final since Pele.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4122
Vrane is a consummate player . With him and Untimitu manning the defense it was absolutely impermeable .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47340
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!
...because of poor foundations you laid for them, back home. Oyinbos can do so much much with raw talents. Have a solid league in Nigeria, groom these guys before they venture out of the country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
mcal wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!
...because of poor foundations you laid for them, back home. Oyinbos can do so much much with raw talents. Have a solid league in Nigeria, groom these guys before they venture out of the country.



I am not convinced about that argument. What foundation did we lay for Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Taribo, Babayaro, Ikpeba, etc?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24343
Location: london
Money reasons, Ndidi gets 35,000 pounds a week which is poor compared to the average premiership player, i hear Liverpool are after him, he should go for nothing less than 100K a week

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10519
Crazy thing is that Pogba, Varane, Pavard, Umtiti, Tolisso, Dembele, Fekir, Martial, Coman, Hernandez, Thauvin, Lemar, Mendy, Sidibe etc are 25 or under (Mbappe is not even 20 yet!). They could win a scary number of club and international trophies by age 30.


Last edited by wiseone on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3288
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314


Iniesta, Xavi and Pique all have achieved similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10519
Isn't Pedro the only player to score in, and win, 6 different club trophies in one season? (CL, La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Club World Cup). Then he won the World Cup the following year.


kalani JR wrote:
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314


Iniesta, Xavi and Pique all have achieved similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31127
Location: Your worst Nightmare
wiseone wrote:
Crazy thing is that Pogba, Varane, Pavard, Umtiti, Hernandez, Tolisso, Dembele, Fekir, Martial, Coman etc are 25 or under (Mbappe is not even 20 yet!). They could win a scary number of club and international trophies by age 30.


Wow!!

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3288
wiseone wrote:
Isn't Pedro the only player to score in, and win, 6 different club trophies in one season? (CL, La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Club World Cup). Then he won the World Cup the following year.


kalani JR wrote:
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314


Iniesta, Xavi and Pique all have achieved similar.


Yup, should have scored in the World Cup too but he missed a one on one vs. Portugal like the donkey he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10519
To be fair his goalscoring record and trophy haul in that year suggests he was not a donkey...

kalani JR wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Isn't Pedro the only player to score in, and win, 6 different club trophies in one season? (CL, La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Club World Cup). Then he won the World Cup the following year.


Yup, should have scored in the World Cup too but he missed a one on one vs. Portugal like the donkey he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28789
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mcal wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!
...because of poor foundations you laid for them, back home. Oyinbos can do so much much with raw talents. Have a solid league in Nigeria, groom these guys before they venture out of the country.



I am not convinced about that argument. What foundation did we lay for Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Taribo, Babayaro, Ikpeba, etc?

What did they win at the Mundial?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34486
wiseone wrote:
Crazy thing is that Pogba, Varane, Pavard, Umtiti, Tolisso, Dembele, Fekir, Martial, Coman, Hernandez, Thauvin, Lemar, Mendy, Sidibe etc are 25 or under (Mbappe is not even 20 yet!). They could win a scary number of club and international trophies by age 30.

Bro they might not win anything again in national team .4years ago we heard same about Germany after they win the world cup.Even last year confederation cup was their B team and people praise them for bringing B team.I said the confederation team is better than their first team.Only Spain win Euro back to back and then win wolrd cup in between.
After that the next world cup in brazil they went home early,then this same year they did same.
France team in 1998 was on fire then in 2002 gone missing.Lets wait and see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15093
Location: Texas
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314

Pique

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10519
Note that my post said "club and international trophies". Given that many of the French players are at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Man Utd, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, PSg etc, it would take a miracle of biblical proportions for them not to win a box full of club trophies.

kajifu wrote:

Bro they might not win anything again in national team .4years ago we heard same about Germany after they win the world cup.Even last year confederation cup was their B team and people praise them for bringing B team.I said the confederation team is better than their first team.Only Spain win Euro back to back and then win wolrd cup in between.
After that the next world cup in brazil they went home early,then this same year they did same.
France team in 1998 was on fire then in 2002 gone missing.Lets wait and see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10519
Ngolo Kante: 3 years ago, he was playing in the French lower divisions. Since then he was won the World Cup, 2 EPLs, the FA Cup, English Player of the Year, Leicester Player of the Year, Chelsea Player of the Year.

Still drives a Mini. Top man.


bamenda boy wrote:
goke313 wrote:
Raphael Varane, 4x Champions League winner, 2x La Liga, 3x UEFA Super Cup, 3x FIFA Club world cup, 2x Supercopa de España, and now adds a World Cup trophy to that list. Varane has completed football at age 25.
https://twitter.com/XavsFutbol/status/1 ... 4478349314

Pique


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47340
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mcal wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nothing beats catching them young. At 22, Etebo still dey go Championship and at 25, Musa is still not even sure of his best position. In contrast, by the age of 21, the French players are already seeing regular action at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Man City, Man United, PSG, Chelsea, etc.

We have to ask ourselves why the likes of Ndidi, Nwakali, Ebuehi, Onyekuru are not currently playing at this level. By the time thy are “ready” they will be past their prime!
...because of poor foundations you laid for them, back home. Oyinbos can do so much much with raw talents. Have a solid league in Nigeria, groom these guys before they venture out of the country.



I am not convinced about that argument. What foundation did we lay for Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Taribo, Babayaro, Ikpeba, etc?
...we had good, crowd pleasing league back then, from the 70s into the 90s, that was when those guys you mentioned flourished before journeying abroad.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group