Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
I think that is doable. Those who have the potential include:

Uzoho
Ebuehi
Awaziem
Ndidi
Nwakali
Onyekuru

Whether they all come through is another matter but it should be a goal. Pinnick should set about finding another golden generation.

France and Croatia have both discovered new golden generations after 98 so we should have too. There is no reason why the search should not begin today!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28921
You know something, you talk like a child most of the time. No offense intended.
How co you expect Nigeria to sim for 6 wc players when their development is mostly down to the individuals and their fortunes at their various clubs?

One would think Nigeria trains and use them 9 months of the year.

Once again, clubs nurture, national team utilize.

We might talk about setting up a good early base in Nigeria etc, which I have no problem with but we've also seen where players get to clubs and have their natural talent and confidence destroyed by their myopic needs.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:09 pm
Posts: 30149
AyoAkinfe, Training a player takes a decade of work. Remember Malcolm Gladwell 10 000 hours? If Nigeria or Cameroon or any country wants to plan for the future, it has to be at least a 10 years investment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 8523
Yeah yeah Nwakali, Onyekuru, Nwakali, Onyekuru, another thread, Nwakali, Onyekuru...... :lol:

BTW What happened to Ajagun?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 24438
Location: Ikeja
pajimoh wrote:
You know something, you talk like a child most of the time. No offense intended.
How co you expect Nigeria to sim for 6 wc players when their development is mostly down to the individuals and their fortunes at their various clubs?

One would think Nigeria trains and use them 9 months of the year.

Once again, clubs nurture, national team utilize.

We might talk about setting up a good early base in Nigeria etc, which I have no problem with but we've also seen where players get to clubs and have their natural talent and confidence destroyed by their myopic needs.


God bless you my broda.....................Nothing more to add.

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
camex wrote:
AyoAkinfe, Training a player takes a decade of work. Remember Malcolm Gladwell 10 000 hours? If Nigeria or Cameroon or any country wants to plan for the future, it has to be at least a 10 years investment.


They say that but the reality is that African teams produce golden generations with little or no state help:

Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Ghana have all produced golden generations that caught the world by surprise. Yes, it would be great to institute an academy programme as we had at the Kadji Sports Academy in Cameroon and groom players over a decade but the reality is that we do not have the resources for such projects.

Even when we get them going, they tend not to be sustainable. For the forseeable future, the bulk of out players will come from the "street academy" like the Ajegunle dusty pitch we have in Lagos that produced Udeze, Martins and Ighalo.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:09 pm
Posts: 30149
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
camex wrote:
AyoAkinfe, Training a player takes a decade of work. Remember Malcolm Gladwell 10 000 hours? If Nigeria or Cameroon or any country wants to plan for the future, it has to be at least a 10 years investment.


They say that but the reality is that African teams produce golden generations with little or no state help:

Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Ghana have all produced golden generations that caught the world by surprise. Yes, it would be great to institute an academy programme as we had at the Kadji Sports Academy in Cameroon and groom players over a decade but the reality is that we do not have the resources for such projects.

Even when we get them going, they tend not to be sustainable. For the forseeable future, the bulk of out players will come from the "street academy" like the Ajegunle dusty pitch we have in Lagos that produced Udeze, Martins and Ighalo.

A player can not reach his potential from Ajegunle. Do you think Etoo would have become who he is without Kadri academy and real Madrid training? We can not rely on luck and have to build grassroots program like academies throughout the country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15843
If Nigeria can develope and maintain 6 world class football fields with grass on it by 2022 they would have done very well. :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
camex wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
camex wrote:
AyoAkinfe, Training a player takes a decade of work. Remember Malcolm Gladwell 10 000 hours? If Nigeria or Cameroon or any country wants to plan for the future, it has to be at least a 10 years investment.


They say that but the reality is that African teams produce golden generations with little or no state help:

Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Ghana have all produced golden generations that caught the world by surprise. Yes, it would be great to institute an academy programme as we had at the Kadji Sports Academy in Cameroon and groom players over a decade but the reality is that we do not have the resources for such projects.

Even when we get them going, they tend not to be sustainable. For the forseeable future, the bulk of out players will come from the "street academy" like the Ajegunle dusty pitch we have in Lagos that produced Udeze, Martins and Ighalo.

A player can not reach his potential from Ajegunle. Do you think Etoo would have become who he is without Kadri academy and real Madrid training? We can not rely on luck and have to build grassroots program like academies throughout the country.



Kadji was brilliant but look at how it has since failed to produce more Eto'os, Wome's, Song's, Foe's, Geremi's, etc. I am sure there is still talent aplenty in Cameroon but alas, why has the production line dried up?

Camex, the reality is that if we are waiting for all these conditions to be in place before we excel, we will never get anywhere. Just as we do not wait for a village to have a laboratory before it produces a doctor, so too do we have to make do with raw talent in football.

Eto'o got spotted by Real Madrid and was whisked off the Spain where they polished him into a gem. For the time being, this will be the way forward as we simply do not have the facilities to groom players properly as they do in say Argentina and Brazil where the clubs own proper academies.

Do not get me wrong, we need to work on developing such academies but we cannot wait until, they are ready before doing well. Mikel was playing in Jos before he saw sent to Lyn Oslo. It was there that he was groomed and not in Nigeria, just as Kanu got groomed at Ajax and Taribo got groomed at Auxerre.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10767
Location: seattle
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
camex wrote:
AyoAkinfe, Training a player takes a decade of work. Remember Malcolm Gladwell 10 000 hours? If Nigeria or Cameroon or any country wants to plan for the future, it has to be at least a 10 years investment.


They say that but the reality is that African teams produce golden generations with little or no state help:

Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Ghana have all produced golden generations that caught the world by surprise. Yes, it would be great to institute an academy programme as we had at the Kadji Sports Academy in Cameroon and groom players over a decade but the reality is that we do not have the resources for such projects.

Even when we get them going, they tend not to be sustainable. For the forseeable future, the bulk of out players will come from the "street academy" like the Ajegunle dusty pitch we have in Lagos that produced Udeze, Martins and Ighalo.


the reason blind man walked into a tree is because neither the tree nor the blind man could see each other. The same reasons that retarded Africas growth where africas groomed students leave Africa after college to Europe and America is the same reasons you cant really keep world class african players in africa once they come off the pipeline. and once they are out of the country of origin they can be met with any number of things - fortune or misfortune
both involuntary and voluntary migration has siphoned africa of its greatness i see no slowing in sight until stop this one way trend. Immigration has enriched the developed nations and is no good for africa. it is that simple

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
Nigeria simply needs to produce one of these before 2022

[1] Gerard Pique
[2] Sergio Ramos
[3] Kepler Pepe
[4] Samuel Umtiti
[5] Raphael Varane
[6] Vincent Kompany
[7] Diego Godin
[8] Jose Gimenez
[9] Leonardo Bonucci
[10] Virgil van Dijk

So far, nobody comes close. The person i am banking on is Chigozie Awaziem. The last time we had a rock solid centreback was in 1998 when Taribo West was at his prime.

For those talking about age and development, do you know that Jose Gimenez is only 23 years old? Yet, he is a certain starter for Atletico Madrid any day they take to the field. Umtiti is only 24 and is a Barcelona starter, so please stop making excuses for the likes of Ekong and Omeruo!

Our players have to accept some personal responsibility in this matter. They have to want to better themselves too!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
Still aiming in the wrong direction.For Nigeria to have quality players at the top level, the program has to be about providing in access to those who are interested to improve. Facilities, coaching staff, and probably most importantly, a path to success locally.

Provide these tools and the kids who really want to make something of themselves will have that internal motivation to excel. It will be organic. Watch the show on netflix about how french footballers came up and what they had access to. Most played street ball on concrete and no bigger that your basketball court. A lot progressed to local academies and subsequently feeder teams to clubs across France. The transition between the local academies and feeder clubs is really what showed you players that wanted to excel vs those who could do flicks and tricks but had very little game IQ.

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13121
Location: South London
Then NFF need an academy and focus on under 17s so they know talent before it leaves the country as you can’t wait for clubs in Europe to unearth Nigerian talent,aiming with no focus isn’t going to hit the mark regularly.

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10522
FFS - world class players do not grow on trees. If we define a "world class player" as one who could go to any team or national team on earth and walk into their first 11, we have only: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, De Gea, De Bruyne, and Lewandowski. In other words, over 99% of countries on earth do not have world class players. Why do we think Nigeria has a right to produce them?

The best players in the whole of Africa are Mahrez, Salah, Mane, Aubameyang, and Keita. Yet none of them is in the class of the players above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 45299
juventuss wrote:
Still aiming in the wrong direction.For Nigeria to have quality players at the top level, the program has to be about providing in access to those who are interested to improve. Facilities, coaching staff, and probably most importantly, a path to success locally.

Provide these tools and the kids who really want to make something of themselves will have that internal motivation to excel. It will be organic. Watch the show on netflix about how french footballers came up and what they had access to. Most played street ball on concrete and no bigger that your basketball court. A lot progressed to local academies and subsequently feeder teams to clubs across France. The transition between the local academies and feeder clubs is really what showed you players that wanted to excel vs those who could do flicks and tricks but had very little game IQ.


A troll like ayo does not deserve a serious response.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 45299
I guess it was too much to hope your spamming would cease once the world cup was over...

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54288
Location: United Kingdom
juventuss wrote:
Still aiming in the wrong direction.For Nigeria to have quality players at the top level, the program has to be about providing in access to those who are interested to improve. Facilities, coaching staff, and probably most importantly, a path to success locally.

Provide these tools and the kids who really want to make something of themselves will have that internal motivation to excel. It will be organic. Watch the show on netflix about how french footballers came up and what they had access to. Most played street ball on concrete and no bigger that your basketball court. A lot progressed to local academies and subsequently feeder teams to clubs across France. The transition between the local academies and feeder clubs is really what showed you players that wanted to excel vs those who could do flicks and tricks but had very little game IQ.



We do have academies run by the likes of Churchill Oliseh, Kashimawo Laloko, Segun Odegbami, etc but the net is not wide enough. Amongst out current Eagles, the likes of Uzoho, Onazi, Omeruo, Iheanacho, Mikel, etc were all products of academies.

Our main problem is that these academies are all based in urban cities and no one is going to rural Nigeria to scout for talent. That has to be done by local government areas. Just imagine if every one of Nigeria's 774 local government areas found us two players each for the Flying Eagles.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
juventuss wrote:
Still aiming in the wrong direction.For Nigeria to have quality players at the top level, the program has to be about providing in access to those who are interested to improve. Facilities, coaching staff, and probably most importantly, a path to success locally.

Provide these tools and the kids who really want to make something of themselves will have that internal motivation to excel. It will be organic. Watch the show on netflix about how french footballers came up and what they had access to. Most played street ball on concrete and no bigger that your basketball court. A lot progressed to local academies and subsequently feeder teams to clubs across France. The transition between the local academies and feeder clubs is really what showed you players that wanted to excel vs those who could do flicks and tricks but had very little game IQ.



We do have academies run by the likes of Churchill Oliseh, Kashimawo Laloko, Segun Odegbami, etc but the net is not wide enough. Amongst out current Eagles, the likes of Uzoho, Onazi, Omeruo, Iheanacho, Mikel, etc were all products of academies.

Our main problem is that these academies are all based in urban cities and no one is going to rural Nigeria to scout for talent. That has to be done by local government areas. Just imagine if every one of Nigeria's 774 local government areas found us two players each for the Flying Eagles.

You just need to build half decent fields in these areas and watch the wonders that come out.

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3406
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
We're sure you aim to be a world class sports reporter by 2022.
Good luck Bro!!!

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28795
And how does Noroadsgeria aim for that exactly? Let’s face it, in 2022, Nigeria are going home in the round of 16. At best. Nothing changes, so it will be more of the same. A distant past same hopefully.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3289
This is the new Africa should win the World Cup by 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10767
Location: seattle
Coach wrote:
And how does Noroadsgeria aim for that exactly? Let’s face it, in 2022, Nigeria are going home in the round of 16. At best. Nothing changes, so it will be more of the same. A distant past same hopefully.


so why does everyone keep missing this simple fact that talented up & coming African footballers just like their counterparts in academia would continue to be siphoned by developed countries where their skill set are acknowledged, harnessed, further enhanced and rewarded financially. for a foreseeable future this would remain the case. So the talks of developing local talents is laughable until their Africa would have attained provisions of basic infrastructure that we would have no such needs to migrate to Europe and america just to provide basic sustenance for our families.
when Rohr talks about we dont have players playing at big European clubs he reinforces that slave mentality that we must have to migrate our young talents to Europe and the dilemma is that pl;aying for Ennyimba or IICC R3C or whatever you call it isnt really same as playing at Chelsea or barcelona

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Last edited by jette1 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36827
Location: Somewhere
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I think that is doable. Those who have the potential include:

Uzoho
Ebuehi
Awaziem
Ndidi
Nwakali
Onyekuru

Whether they all come through is another matter but it should be a goal. Pinnick should set about finding another golden generation.

France and Croatia have both discovered new golden generations after 98 so we should have too. There is no reason why the search should not begin today!


Give us 10 points/reasons why we should do so.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cito, Google [Bot], Its a Goal and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group