We did not come back from Russia empty handed abeg

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
We did not come back from Russia empty handed abeg

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nigeria wins best kit award at Russia 2018 as France take trophy home with 4-2 victory over Croatia - See more at: https://goo.gl/KKzwu9

Naija no dey carry last. At least we won something.

Now, it is time to build towards Qatar 2022. What we need to do is produce about four to five world class players between now and then to make an impact.

I actually think the nucleus of the team is there - Uzoho, Ebeuhi, Awaziem, Ndidi, Nwakali!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We did not come back from Russia empty handed abeg

Post by Ekorian »

This is like bragging that you eat the most plates of Amala at your inlaws' house. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well at least thats something good, next time, we should play good football, give Rohr time to build that team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nigeria wins best kit award at Russia 2018 as France take trophy home with 4-2 victory over Croatia - See more at: https://goo.gl/KKzwu9

Now, it is time to build towards Qatar 2022. What we need to do is produce about four to five world class players between now and then to make an impact.

I actually think the nucleus of the team is there - Uzoho, Ebeuhi, Awaziem, Ndidi, Nwakali!
Isn't that a Nike award?

So Nike beat Adidas... :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ekorian wrote:This is like bragging that you eat the most plates of Amala at your inlaws' house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is still an achievement abeg. What is wrong with being good at eating amala?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

marko wrote:Well at least thats something good, next time, we should play good football, give Rohr time to build that team
The single biggest roadblock at the just concluded worldcup (and the future if Rohr stays) to winning for SE is Rohr himself. His football philosophy is outdated. At a minimum if he stays he needs a sidekick with a strong personality that will check his tendencies for bone head decisions in critical moments.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oscar52 wrote:
marko wrote:Well at least thats something good, next time, we should play good football, give Rohr time to build that team
The single biggest roadblock at the just concluded worldcup (and the future if Rohr stays) to winning for SE is Rohr himself. His football philosophy is outdated. At a minimum if he stays he needs a sidekick with a strong personality that will check his tendencies for bone head decisions in critical moments.

I hope you know similar things were said about Didier Deschamps two years ago. I would like to believe that Rohr has learnt a lot from this experience and can adjust as need be.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ekorian wrote:This is like bragging that you eat the most plates of Amala at your inlaws' house. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a big achievement. Dr Sabi has won it several times.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

I hope you know similar things were said about Didier Deschamps two years ago. I would like to believe that Rohr has learnt a lot from this experience and can adjust as need be.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Comparing Rohr to deschamps should be a felony. The French coach took out Kante early in a World Cup final to prevent a red card and to introduce a dm/cm that will make the needed tackles. Rohr sat there and watched K.nwakali mesmerize athletico Madrid and ignored the young man. Rohr was 5 minutes from qualifying from the group and he could not make an obvious game management sub. Sorry not sorry but your are super daft for believing anything good will come out of that Cow brain coach Rohr. The SE will only get worse if that clown is not fired.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Cellular wrote: Isn't that a Nike award?
So Nike beat Adidas... :?
Ask them!

Reminds me of when Naija was bragging that they found oil
Na oyibo come find the oil and begin to dig am
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Certificate of participation - Checked
Intermediate football skills - Redo
Basic football passing skills - Redo
Targeting goal for strikers - Did not attain the minimum passmark (45%)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Abeg make una help me ask Ayo which body, group, institution gave out this yeye award?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

Nope , Deschamps team was in European championship final two years ago. There is no similarity between him and the feckless, inept, incompetent and moronic Rohr..
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

We don't have to be one dimensional about this.... While our football sucked, I have to celebrate the award as something positive for Nigeria in a sea of negatives. This does not compensate for the football which we have to work on but positive nonetheless
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nigeria wins best kit award at Russia 2018 as France take trophy home with 4-2 victory over Croatia - See more at: https://goo.gl/KKzwu9

Please take the Naija women's team next time then maybe, they will make it to the knockout stage and win the fashion trophy too. :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu