How would you rate WC 2018?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: How would you rate WC 2018?

Post by Heliopolis »

The gap between the big boys and smaller teams has certainly closed. I think its partially due to the likes of Germany, Argentina, Spain, etc not fielding very strong teams this year. But I think its largely due to how scientific the game has become. Player diets and training are closely monitored and coaches have endless technology and metrics at their disposal to inform their decisions. It'll be interesting to see if the closer gap is a temporary phenomenon or the new normal.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Heliopolis wrote:The gap between the big boys and smaller teams has certainly closed. I think its partially due to the likes of Germany, Argentina, Spain, etc not fielding very strong teams this year. But I think its largely due to how scientific the game has become. Player diets and training are closely monitored and coaches have endless technology and metrics at their disposal to inform their decisions. It'll be interesting to see if the closer gap is a temporary phenomenon or the new normal.
I think the gap is the new normal, as the science is universal.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

This was the best World Cup ever, the pitches I have never seen before, all looked like carpets.

Greatest worldcup :clap:
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

anikulapo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I actually think it was the worst WC ever.

Too many Pks, too many own goals, too much VAR controversy. Too many set piece goals, not enough classical team play goals scored from open play.

And frankly not the greatest display of football I have seen.

I'm surprised I seem to be the only one to think this.

You’re seriously not well :roll:
I concur