AHMED MUSA ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING TO SAUDI CLUB

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AHMED MUSA ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING TO SAUDI CLUB

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, it is a surprise that many think that if Musa was to receive a huge financial offer that he should refuse the offer because he should instead play in a more visible league in Europe for far less. What is the goal here, may I ask?

I can understand if this was Nwakali, Onyekuru, or some upstart footballer who has achieved little at the club and NT levels. We are talking of Musa here. This guy has already represented Nigeria over 70 times, played at two World Cups, won the AFCON with Nigeria, won with CSKA, etc. The fact is that he has achieved everything a Nigerian footballer expects. He is a known factor for selectors of the Nigerian team and is not driven to play in a visible league to be assessed by Nigerian NT selectors. If the selectors decide not to call him up again because he has chosen to go to Saudi and not because of poor form then one has to wonder why they call up a 3rd division player, players from China and Cyprus, etc. There has not be some respect here.

Moreover, football is a short career that can end at any moment with little warning. Yet Musa should reject a big pay day because of the glory of playing for a visible European team? Football is a profession and not a recreation for Musa. He earns a living playing the game and should be significantly driven by the opportunity to improve that earning knowing that the window is short and unpredictable. That is what makes sense. None of the guys wailing for him to go to some top club will be making a huge donation him if he was to go down tomorrow injured. What exactly would he be chasing playing for such a club at a much lower fee than in Saudi? If such a club will pay as much as he will get in Saudi then it should be a no-brainer -- head for that club. If that is not the case -- the road should lead to Saudi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:
oloye wrote:The Saudis for whatever reasons have a penchant for going after Nigerian players since US 94. Three names were revered in Saudi, Rashid Yekini, Amunike,Amokachi and later on JJ
Are you sure you are not talking about Turkey?
I know what i am talking about my dear bully12
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Selfish people!
Not truly caring of the wellbeing of a man who has served his fatherland so well!

Asamoah Gyan finally secured his future with oil money!

Musa sacrificed and took a loan move to CSKA just for una, he needs not do more!

Cmoke

Funny is the same people cursing the coach for selecting musa in the first place
No mind them. :taunt: :taunt: :tic:
I second this ..no mind the lot of them ..dem get split personality
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

There's always someone who'll be quick to remind us that a player's career is short and he should go with the money. Fine! If that's his prerogative.

But let's not wonder the national team is average when some of its best players ply their trade in China and Saudi Arabia.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

oscar52 wrote:Good for him. Musa has paid his dues, now for the younger ones.
:lol: In other countries, 25 year olds are just coming into their own and making the jump from potential young talent, to star player and leader on the pitch. In Nigeria, 25 year olds are making way for the younger ones. Pogba and Musa are the same age. Let me know when he decides to put aside all ambition to go count petrodollars in the Middle East, and how fans of Les Bleus will take to this. It should vex everyone that our best performer from the last two World Cups is essentially retiring from serious club football, just as it should vex everyone that our best player and captain has done the same while at the peak of his powers.

One of the reasons, Europe has dominated the last four World Cups is the mentality of their players when it comes to things like this. No serious players from those countries would pursue these sort of moves unless they are old, seriously faded, or desperate for money. They compete to stay at the top level. Even Brazil and Argentina have suffered from having their talents follow the path of least resistance and highest income instead of testing themselves.

All of this is of course if we believe the rumor is true and not simply an attempt to leverage better offers from his European suitors. Are Musa's wages in England so high that CSKA could not find a way to take him back? I was in Russia for the Cup and he is genuinely beloved by the fans there and is one of the clubs top performers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Anyone who supports musa going to Saudi nah enemy of progress
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

This is like Messi going to MLS this season. Insane.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:Musa can go wherever he wants, but no player playing the Saudi Arabia or any middle Eastern league for that matter should be invited to the Eagles B team talkless the SE.
Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

tolahs wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo: New Juventus signing says players his age go to Qatar or China;

Context & Ambition. Musa's advisers could give a hoot about professional growth - he showed enough in the WC in my opinion to get into a team the caliber or bigger than LCFC in the EPL. Huge shame - also nice based on most of the comments i see on this thread that 9ja fans know it's more than about a paycheck.
Let look at this CE beer palor Opaks of comparing CR to Musa

CR sells merchandise (Jersey, Banners and other stuff) as well and has a global marketing appeal to Juventus and football. I bet when he is done with them. MLS will sign him too.

Ahmed has to make his money now, in 4 years or less who knows if he will lose his speed or form
and he not a Globally recognized player like CR9
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team