AHMED MUSA ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING TO SAUDI CLUB

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AHMED MUSA ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING TO SAUDI CLUB

Post by 1naija »

Musa can go wherever he wants, but no player playing the Saudi Arabia or any middle Eastern league for that matter should be invited to the Eagles B team talkless the SE.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Oh well he’s probably weighed his options and he knows Nigeria aren’t exactly going to drop him (the coaches don’t even have the last word in Nigeria) so why not but how old is he supposed to be?Saudi Arabia that’s got to be worse than China!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

If he does this he should no longer be a key player.
We need to progress as a nation, not stagnate.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marutimon wrote:If he does this he should no longer be a key player.
We need to progress as a nation, not stagnate.
I totally agree but this is why we need to invest in development instead of relying on players to stay in the Premier League or one of Europe’s top leagues,within our squad there’s little or no competition in each position until a player manages to play for a better club in Europe this can’t continue for the next decade,I know Nigerians are inpatient but when are they going to start building for tomorrow?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The Saudis for whatever reasons have a penchant for going after Nigerian players since US 94. Three names were revered in Saudi, Rashid Yekini, Amunike,Amokachi and later on JJ
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

oloye wrote:The Saudis for whatever reasons have a penchant for going after Nigerian players since US 94. Three names were revered in Saudi, Rashid Yekini, Amunike,Amokachi and later on JJ
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Good move for him and nothing in it should preclude him from selection. Consistently playing has it value in terms of fitness and awareness. He has already shown across 2 separate World Cups that he can mix it with the very best.

I wish him luck, and if the next generation cannot make it hard through their performance for the coach to pick them ahead of Musa, then Musa gets the pick time and again.
To stop trying is to start dying
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oloye wrote:The Saudis for whatever reasons have a penchant for going after Nigerian players since US 94. Three names were revered in Saudi, Rashid Yekini, Amunike,Amokachi and later on JJ
Oloye, I met a Saudi at an African festival, He was disappointed about the Naija WC performance. Next thing he said was Yekini.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

tolahs wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo: New Juventus signing says players his age go to Qatar or China;

Context & Ambition. Musa's advisers could give a hoot about professional growth - he showed enough in the WC in my opinion to get into a team the caliber or bigger than LCFC in the EPL. Huge shame - also nice based on most of the comments i see on this thread that 9ja fans know it's more than about a paycheck.
Let's face some realities.

In the unlikely case Ronaldo and Musa lose the incomes made in football.

Portugal has social security.

No social security in Nigeria.

Ronaldo has enjoyed a huge pay from Man U to Real Madrid, now Juventus. The same can not be said of Musa.

If you are given a tax free option, would you take it or not?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

What will Gernot Rohr think about this after doing so much work behind the scenes to get Musa back to Russia before the World Cup? Also, given Rohr's obsession with players playing at the top level in Europe, is this the end for Ahmed Musa? I think this money move is far too early in his career.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well its up to the coach to advice the players to play in competitive leagues or no more call ups, its that simple
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

As SE fans, our main concern shouldn't be the pay package but how the transfer impacts on our darling SE. This is obviously not a step in the right direction career wise. If a player's future is not secured on a 75,000 pounds a week contract for 5 years, adding zeroes from Saudi Arabia will not secure his future.
I will be disappointed if he goes to Saudi Arabia after getting his career back on track. He can move to the middle east later in his career.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Goldleaf wrote:What will Gernot Rohr think about this after doing so much work behind the scenes to get Musa back to Russia before the World Cup? Also, given Rohr's obsession with players playing at the top level in Europe, is this the end for Ahmed Musa? I think this money move is far too early in his career.
Which top level was the GK playing?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cmoke wrote:Selfish people!
Not truly caring of the wellbeing of a man who has served his fatherland so well!

Asamoah Gyan finally secured his future with oil money!

Musa sacrificed and took a loan move to CSKA just for una, he needs not do more!

Cmoke

Funny is the same people cursing the coach for selecting musa in the first place
No mind them. :taunt: :taunt: :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bad move by Musa. I hope it is fake news. He should go play for coaches that will help him improve his game. Playing against weak opposition will not help his football development. If the goal is to make money. He should also understand his SE career is over.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Horrible move
For you maybe, not for Musa :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote:Musa can go wherever he wants, but no player playing the Saudi Arabia or any middle Eastern league for that matter should be invited to the Eagles B team talkless the SE.
1naija has spoken. Errmmm, excuse me. Who :?: :?: :?: :!:

Cheers.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Are you sure you are not talking about Turkey?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
1naija wrote:Musa can go wherever he wants, but no player playing the Saudi Arabia or any middle Eastern league for that matter should be invited to the Eagles B team talkless the SE.
1naija has spoken. Errmmm, excuse me. Who :?: :?: :?: :!:

Cheers.

You will be the first person calling him names when he can't beat Messi and other top league players from Argentina.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is the kind of move you make at 32, not 25. Playing in that kind of league will not improve you as a player.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I support whatever decision he takes. Injuries which often occur can happen at anytime and he could get injured in a less paying league and the opportunity to make big money would have passed him by. As professional footballer has make the best decision for himself and family. As for playing for Nigeria many here didn’t even want in the World Cup squad. If Asamoh Baby jet can represent Ghana playing in Saudi i see not reason why Musa cannot play for 9ja. He has already proved no matter what day in the week it is he is better than Ighalo.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is a bad move. I thought he was moving to Galatasary?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

@Ayo Akinfe ...And maybe Musa is 32 and not 25. We just don't know. Anyway, kudos to him. He has accomplished for his country.