What Next for Neymar?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The real deal
Egg
Egg
What Next for Neymar?

Post by The real deal »

He was supposed to set the WC on fire and WIN it for Brazil
What happened? Neymar thetrics did not help so much
Real madrid?
Coveted ballon'd'or?
If he does not win champion legaue, where will his stock be in 18 months?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
guest83
Egg
Egg
Re: What Next for Neymar?

Post by guest83 »

I believe it's downhill from here. I've said it before, the guy has mental problems.

And as for the Brazilians, they are going through an identity crisis.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

who?

he went from top three to not mentioned at all in one tournament.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Brazilian league or Real Madrid.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He was only under Messi shadow........... Now he is number Mbape and Messi shadow
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

The real deal wrote:He was supposed to set the WC on fire and WIN it for Brazil
What happened? Neymar thetrics did not help so much
Real madrid?
Coveted ballon'd'or?
If he does not win champion legaue, where will his stock be in 18 months?
Well, he is going the way of Robinho.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Jokes aside he'll be fine, poor World Cup is a poor World Cup nothing more, next WOrld Cup is outside Europe so he might win that. He might have to leave PSG to win the Champions League again or FIFA player of the Year but that's another story. next
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Real Madrid.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Psg will sell him
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Neymar is too lazy a player to achieve his true potential. He needs to put more effort in if he wants to match Messi and Ronaldo.

A player of Neymar’s talent should be able to single handedly win matches even when his team is playing badly. Eden Hazard is way above Neymar in the world rankings now as is Ivan Peresic, Kevin De Byrne, Antoine Greizeman and of course Kylian Mbappe.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

4 years is a long time in football, but Brazil are falling further behind. South American football as a whole is being forced to bend the knee before the Kings of the North. Granted there are some fine names that should be at their peak come Qatar, but much like Cafu and Carlos before them, Brazil wil once again have to find heirs to Marcelo and Alves. Given how pivotal the flying fullback is to their identity, this is a huge task. Many others will equally disappear into the distance, violin solo playing like the ending to the 1980s Incredible Hulk. If there’s a conveyor belt that can, it’s Brazil’s. Interesting times for the Selecao.

As for Neymar, he’ll be fine, a tremendous talent. Once the world realises the extraterrestrial nature of Cristiano Ronaldo and moreso, King Leo, they’ll accept, these are once in a lifetime players. Mbappe, Neymar etc will take their turns on the throne, but the numbers of the formers are unlikely to be equalled, quite simply, they’re ridiculous.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He was a fool who pressed the self destruct button in arrogance! Sometimes these guys simply forget what made them and start to take on some side attractions that brings destruction upon them. The people around him need to sit his arse down and remind him to play football and nothing but football. His antics hindered Brasil as well, many were turned off including the refs at the antics of a cheating brat!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Neymar is too lazy a player to achieve his true potential. He needs to put more effort in if he wants to match Messi and Ronaldo.

A player of Neymar’s talent should be able to single handedly win matches even when his team is playing badly. Eden Hazard is way above Neymar in the world rankings now as is Ivan Peresic, Kevin De Byrne, Antoine Greizeman and of course Kylian Mbappe.
He is not lazy, he simply became distracted. 4 years ago I watched with awe as he took upon his feeble shoulders the entire expectations of his country. He played and behaved in a matured manner,he endured all the tackles and pressure, he was industrious on the field.He was awesome at both the confederations cup and the world cup before the Chileans took him out. I thought he would grow from their,but no,he came to Europe and decided to turn himself into a circus show.

Then he came to Europe and all the drama began especially since he moved to PSG when his attitude became it is all about me. He started disrespecting everyone and doing everything to draw attention to himself.

If he cuts out the nonsense and buckle down, he will achieve his potential, but then these Brasilians knuckleheads have a way of going off the radar when the pressure becomes too much and they have made too much money. He might decide dancing samba and hanging around favela is better than football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Neymar is too lazy a player to achieve his true potential. He needs to put more effort in if he wants to match Messi and Ronaldo.

He is not lazy, he simply became distracted. 4 years ago I watched with awe as he took upon his feeble shoulders the entire expectations of his country. He played and behaved in a matured manner,he endured all the tackles and pressure, he was industrious on the field.He was awesome at both the confederations cup and the world cup before the Chileans took him out. I thought he would grow from their,but no,he came to Europe and decided to turn himself into a circus show.

Then he came to Europe and all the drama began especially since he moved to PSG when his attitude became it is all about me. He started disrespecting everyone and doing everything to draw attention to himself.

If he cuts out the nonsense and buckle down, he will achieve his potential, but then these Brasilians knuckleheads have a way of going off the radar when the pressure becomes too much and they have made too much money. He might decide dancing samba and hanging around favela is better than football.
Maybe age has caught up with him :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

oloye wrote:

Spot on. Before this WC I would've laughed at anyone who placed Hazard or Griezmann above Neymar, let alone someone like Perisic; but they guy kinda lost his way with the PSG move. Sometimes I question the motivation behind these big money moves, esp. those vying to be the next Messi/Ronaldo. Thought the same about Pogba when he went back to Man United.

Neymar needs to buckle down and get back to the basics, and he'll be back to being the best.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Neymar’s problem is complex. He is a very talented footballer, but needs to decide whether he wants to be the very best or just a very rich celebrity.
If you want to be the best, you must be playing against the very best. Going to PSG made no sense on footballing reasons. Cantona said so at the time.

The other issue Neymar has is a reverse of the Messi problem. Neymar grew up playing futsal. So his game is still about individualism, tricks, etc and trying to win the game on his own. Messi grew up in an academy system and while he has individual ability, he has honed it to blend with a team game and you get the best out of him within a structure. So while Neymar can sometimes produce moments of brilliance in a chaotic structure, Messi tends to give up if the system is not suitable for him.

Neymar needs to be in a team where he submits to the team ethic and has to think seriously about his decision making on the pitch. I used to think that maturity would make his decision-making better, but it is not proving to be the case. Just b/c the likes of Hazard and Griezmann had a better WC doesn’t mean they are more talented than Neymar. It’s just that they sacrificed their individualism for greater team goals. Hazard is definitely a great player, while Griezmann is just a very good striker.

The first step towards improvement for Neymar is to leave France and go to a club where a good coach can work on his weaknesses rather than indulge them.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

cic old boy wrote:Neymar’s problem is complex. He is a very talented footballer, but needs to decide whether he wants to be the very best or just a very rich celebrity.
If you want to be the best, you must be playing against the very best. Going to PSG made no sense on footballing reasons. Cantona said so at the time.

The other issue Neymar has is a reverse of the Messi problem. Neymar grew up playing futsal. So his game is still about individualism, tricks, etc and trying to win the game on his own. Messi grew up in an academy system and while he has individual ability, he has honed it to blend with a team game and you get the best out of him within a structure. So while Neymar can sometimes produce moments of brilliance in a chaotic structure, Messi tends to give up if the system is not suitable for him.

Neymar needs to be in a team where he submits to the team ethic and has to think seriously about his decision making on the pitch. I used to think that maturity would make his decision-making better, but it is not proving to be the case. Just b/c the likes of Hazard and Griezmann had a better WC doesn’t mean they are more talented than Neymar. It’s just that they sacrificed their individualism for greater team goals. Hazard is definitely a great player, while Griezmann is just a very good striker.

The first step towards improvement for Neymar is to leave France and go to a club where a good coach can work on his weaknesses rather than indulge them.
Neymar had less responsibility at this WC which freed him to regress into his old ways.
With a solid leader like Tiago Silva on the team, Neymar resorted to his antics.

It's like a 12 year old child who falls sick and behaves like a 9 year old.
That is why I believe they made him captain so quickly. TIte should have kept Neymar as the captain but I guess he wanted to build a Neymar less reliant team.

The lad will be fine. He gets fouled a lot and diving is his way of protecting himself.

He has always been good at running at defenses but still needs to learn how to play in crowded defenses and protect himself without too much diving.
He doesn't need a big league to grow his game,

In fact, a big league beholden to TV money, might be a big hidderance to his footie growth.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

When he left barcelona, its been going downhill
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:He was a fool who pressed the self destruct button in arrogance! Sometimes these guys simply forget what made them and start to take on some side attractions that brings destruction upon them. The people around him need to sit his arse down and remind him to play football and nothing but football. His antics hindered Brasil as well, many were turned off including the refs at the antics of a cheating brat!
KPOM!!! He appears distracted. The move to PSG was not a good move.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Diver knew he didn't have the mental strength to carry an expectant nation hence his petulant behavior.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

King Futcha wrote:who?

But he took his team further than the other two, who btw did not win the cup either. No?

I actually think he had a better World cup than some press and some Nigerians are making it out to be. Brazil just met a better Belgian team, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

1naija wrote:

But he took his team further than the other two, who btw did not win the cup either. No?

I actually think he had a better World cup than some press and some Nigerians are making it out to be. Brazil just met a better Belgian team, period.
:agree:

I wasn't his biggest fan as I always considered him lightweight
The way he played that 2H against Belgium convinced me that he's a baller
(I will overlook all the sideshow diving for now)

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
1naija wrote:

:agree:

I wasn't his biggest fan as I always considered him lightweight
The way he played that 2H against Belgium convinced me that he's a baller
(I will overlook all the sideshow diving for now)

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
The damage was already done by then. It is like playing gra gra in the dying 2 minutes of game when you are 3 goals down. We all know the futility of such endeavor :lol: :lol: :lol:

When for all your talents, all you can be remembered for after the World cup is how a comic relief you are, then something terribly went wrong! I like him and I love and support Brasil, but i hold him responsible for turning Brasil into a joke of a team with his silly antics.