Liverpool boss Klopp runs his eye over Awoniyi in pre-season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Liverpool boss Klopp runs his eye over Awoniyi in pre-season

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accesses Super Eagles striker Taiwo Awoniyi as he considers his future - See more at: https://goo.gl/yZTHA1

Is this boy good enough to start for Liverpool? Why are they not prepared to take a risk on him?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool boss Klopp runs his eye over Awoniyi in pre-se

Post by danfo driver »

his eye get leg to dey run? Abi you dont like the word "observes?"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

I am not sure if they are willing or not willing to take a risk on him like you mentioned. However, there is the little issue of him not being eligible to get a work permit in England that would be a show stopper.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accesses Super Eagles striker Taiwo Awoniyi as he considers his future - See more at: https://goo.gl/yZTHA1

Is this boy good enough to start for Liverpool? Why are they not prepared to take a risk on him?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi signed a new long-term contract on Tuesday evening, and the club are hopeful Rhian Brewster will put pen to paper this week.

That is according to Goal’s Neil Jones, who adds that Awoniyi is in line to depart on loan, with the Nigerian striker yet to obtain a work permit to play in the UK.

Brewster has already agreed terms with the Reds but is yet to finalise his deal, but there is little concern over his future after interest from a host of Bundesliga clubs faded.

Neither Brewster or Awoniyi will join Klopp’s squad in the United States, with the former remaining on Merseyside to continue rehabilitation for knee and ankle injuries.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Why is it hard for him to get work permit in England?
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

kajifu wrote:Why is it hard for him to get work permit in England?
He hasn't paid mobilisation fee or settled the right people.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The Reds signed Awoniyi from the Imperial Soccer Academy in 2015, but without a UK work permit he is yet to feature for his parent club.

ADVERTISING

He spent his first campaign on the books at Anfield with FSV Frankfurt, before joining NEC Nijmegen in 2016/17 ahead of his breakthrough season with Mouscron last time out.

Having struck 10 times in 31 games last term, laying a further seven assists, Awoniyi attracted interest from fellow Belgian sides Club Brugge, Anderlecht and Gent.

Gent won the race to sign the 20-year-old, who signed a new long-term deal with Liverpool before agreeing terms with the Buffalos.

Speaking to LiverpoolFC.com on the announcement of his contract extension, Awoniyi expressed his desire to eventually turn out for the Reds.

“I’m a Liverpool player for more years and the plan is to keep on working hard and hopefully get back here one day,” he said.

“At the moment, I don’t have a work permit. I’ll go on loan again and keep on working hard as much as I can.

“When I was told about the contract I was so eager to get it done, to move onto the next stage, going out on loan or being a Liverpool player.

“My ambition is to work hard wherever I find myself and hopefully be a better player.”

Awoniyi will link up with fellow Nigerians Anderson Esiti, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon at Gent, the latter of which had been subject of interest from Liverpool earlier in the summer.

Good luck, Taiwo!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/07/t ... long-loan/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp