Nigeria to Host WAFU Cup 2021

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria to Host WAFU Cup 2021

Post by Enugu II »

Nigeria named host of 2021 WAFU Cup of Nations, as Senegal stages 2019 edition
http://sportscompass.com.ng/2018/07/17/ ... 9-edition/
Dapo 5 hours ago 0 24 Less than a minute

FOX Sports, and WAFU Zones A & B have today announced the host nations for the second and third edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations.
Senegal will become the first Zone A host for next year’s two-week tournament in September 2019.
Nigeria has been named as home to the third edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations, also to take place in September, in 2021.
All matches will be broadcast exclusively for football fans across Africa, and the world, live on FOX Sports, the global leader in premium sports broadcasting.
The multi-year partnership between FOX Sports and the West African Football Union (WAFU) Zones A and B was announced in December 2016, to provide a long-term injection of investment into infrastructure, training and development of West African football, across 16 countries over a period of
12 years.
In September of 2017, the first edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations took place in Ghana and was beamed live across 125 million households with over 300 million viewers globally.
Host nation Ghana clinched the inaugural title, in a tense final with Nigeria, beating their rivals 4 – 1.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria to Host WAFU Cup 2021

Post by pajimoh »

Msshhhheeeeww. Waffle cup Ko, Ogi and Akara cup ni. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

is wafu that new for some reason i thought wafu has been around much longer
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:is wafu that new for some reason i thought wafu has been around much longer
Jette1,

What is new is that it does have Fox TV from the USA sponsoring the event in a multiyear contract that began with the recent WAFU. The games are then available beyond Africa as was the case in the Ghana-hosted event.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote:
jette1 wrote:is wafu that new for some reason i thought wafu has been around much longer
Jette1,

What is new is that it does have Fox TV from the USA sponsoring the event in a multiyear contract that began with the recent WAFU. The games are then available beyond Africa as was the case in the Ghana-hosted event.

FOX Sports, and WAFU Zones A & B have today announced the host nations for the second and third edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations.
Senegal will become the first Zone A host for next year’s two-week tournament in September 2019.
Nigeria has been named as home to the third edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations, also to take place in September, in 2021.
All matches will be broadcast exclusively for football fans across Africa, and the world, live on FOX Sports, the global leader in premium sports broadcasting.
The multi-year partnership between FOX Sports and the West African Football Union (WAFU) Zones A and B was announced in December 2016, to provide a long-term injection of investment into infrastructure, training and development of West African football, across 16 countries over a period of
12 years.
In September of 2017, the first edition of the WAFU Cup of Nations took place in Ghana and was beamed live across 125 million households with over 300 million viewers globally.
Host nation Ghana clinched the inaugural title, in a tense final with Nigeria, beating their rivals 4 – 1.

OK I see why una dey fail WAEC

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Jetted,

You may wish to learn more about the history of WAFU Nations Cup by visiting the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAFU_Nations_Cup

In fact, as mentioned there, WAFU Nations Cup history goes further back than 2002. Finidi George's debut for Nigeria was actually at a WAFU Nations Cup game.
jette1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Jette1,

12 years.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dude who do you take me to be; I knew that WAFU goes way back; that's why i was wondering what the heck is going on with that report until of course you said they were only referring to the TV coverage which now makes sense. my point is - there is nothing in that report making such clearance.
Enugu II wrote:Jetted,

You may wish to learn more about the history of WAFU Nations Cup by visiting the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAFU_Nations_Cup

In fact, as mentioned there, WAFU Nations Cup history goes further back than 2002. Finidi George's debut for Nigeria was actually at a WAFU Nations Cup game.
jette1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Jette1,

12 years.

papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

pajimoh wrote:Msshhhheeeeww. Waffle cup Ko, Ogi and Akara cup ni. :tic:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes o