Pogba - "Messi or no Messi I don't give a f**k."

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pogba - "Messi or no Messi I don't give a f**k."

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wiseone wrote:Ohsee, the mentality and "federal character" syndrome in Nigeria makes establishing a national center of football excellece (like Lileshall or Clairefontaine) very difficult in Nigeria. For starters where would it be. If you tried to build it in the north or south, the other region would scream blue murder in the name of federal character. Then you would arguments about making sure that the coaches are equally represented among all 6 geo-political zones etc etc.

ohsee wrote:Nigerians. Not learning any lessons. If only Mikel gave a speech; if only Rohr had not told our boys they are there to learn; if only West and Uche were back there; etc. etc. My guys, France is reaping the benefits of their long-term sowing and planting of bionic seeds. What is "Clairefontaine" folks? Do we know? Do we have one? What is the national system we have to find and train talent in the best methods of football?

Listen to us complaining about doing what we always do--go to the World Cup and exit at the group stage or the round of 16. Why are we blaming any one person for what we always do with different people? Why don't we figure out what France has done to get to where they are and learn from it? Other countries are doing so as we speak. We will see the results in the next Cup. As for us, we will go to the next World Cup again, do nothing different except fire Rohr, then find another excuse when we exit in the group stage or the round of 16. Perhaps beaten by Argentina again--this time, maybe our nemeses Messi and Rojo would have retired. :lol:

Biko nu, enough of this Rohr nonsense, and let us begin the long journey to WINNING THE WORLD CUP. It does not happen by mere wishes, or speeches, or by mere "self-belief" or having only the "right" coach, whatever that may mean (France after all, had the "wrong" coach according to their media). It is a long process that involves transforming our football in revolutionary ways.
Then build branches all over the country and maintain the same high standards in each one. This is the best way to approach it anyway.

Even more important than building these centers of excellence is inculcating in the mentality of the Nigerian footballer the concept of continuous improvement, which sees them take the initiative on their own to continuously hone and improve their skills throughout their careers.

Wha choo looking at?!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote::lol: :lol:

Its easy to talk $@#% when you are an overrated player being carried by the likes of Kante and Mbappe. Take those two indiviuals out and France loses to Argentina.
Take Pogba out and they lose to Belgium and Croatia.
Ol boy the amount of defensive work Pogba did in that game I was like this boy really wants this trophy. He was everywhere defending set pieces like his life depended on it. I like Kante but bre-hart must have forgotten Kante was taken out in the final after having a pretty bad game up to that point...while Pogba scored the winning goal...so yea we know who carried who :taunt:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A 6'4 Athletic football player that cant defend is as useless as a used condom. Praising Pogba for defending is like praising a human being for knowing how to breathe. Its a basic function. Being able to dictate the level of play, orchestrate attacks, find that killer pass in the final third, maintain possession.. CONSITENTLY.. Now that is a proper central midfielder. Did Pogba do theses consistently at the World cup? No. Time and time again he lost the ball and made daft decisions all over the pitch especially in the game vs Argentina. Making cliche Hollywood speeches at half time when does not compensate one from being crap. Dabbing for the camera does not absolve a player for being crap. Watch the game vs Argentina.. without Mbappe and Kante, Argentina as useless as they were would have beaten France like Portugal did 2 years ago.
Na wa. Which kain bad belle is this? Pogba delivered. He stepped up and delivered especially when it counted most. I just saw that his pre match speech vs Argentina and my brother, after watching I felt like putting on jersey and entering pitch. 100% on point. Kai :clap: :agree:
Oboy, even me self be wan go back that their hotel to eat that pasta.. :lol: :lol:
That was some solid talk by Pogba.. A lot of props to him..

No mind Bret.. E never talk the real thing wey Pogba do am.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Specifics would be nice...
ohsee wrote:Nigerians. Not learning any lessons. If only Mikel gave a speech; if only Rohr had not told our boys they are there to learn; if only West and Uche were back there; etc. etc. My guys, France is reaping the benefits of their long-term sowing and planting of bionic seeds. What is "Clairefontaine" folks? Do we know? Do we have one? What is the national system we have to find and train talent in the best methods of football?

Listen to us complaining about doing what we always do--go to the World Cup and exit at the group stage or the round of 16. Why are we blaming any one person for what we always do with different people? Why don't we figure out what France has done to get to where they are and learn from it? Other countries are doing so as we speak. We will see the results in the next Cup. As for us, we will go to the next World Cup again, do nothing different except fire Rohr, then find another excuse when we exit in the group stage or the round of 16. Perhaps beaten by Argentina again--this time, maybe our nemeses Messi and Rojo would have retired. :lol:

Biko nu, enough of this Rohr nonsense, and let us begin the long journey to WINNING THE WORLD CUP. It does not happen by mere wishes, or speeches, or by mere "self-belief" or having only the "right" coach, whatever that may mean (France after all, had the "wrong" coach according to their media). It is a long process that involves transforming our football in revolutionary ways.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

You guys really think these ra ra speeches change anything?

All of us whether we are simple football fans or football players dream of winning the World Cup. None of those French players needed anyone to remind them what was at stake. Speech or no speech they'd still go out and beat Croatia.
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Heliopolis wrote:You guys really think these ra ra speeches change anything?

All of us whether we are simple football fans or football players dream of winning the World Cup. None of those French players needed anyone to remind them what was at stake. Speech or no speech they'd still go out and beat Croatia.
I don't understand either. SE looks so scared..so timid..so stuck in their heads. FOR WHAT?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

BTW, funny thing about this ra ra speech is that France then went out and got dominated by Croatia for 45 minutes. No shots from open play and 2 lucky goals. All hail ra ra speeches.
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

I love Pogba's speeches...but what Naija lack isn't motivation, it is quality. At that level you need quality and we are short on it.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

AreaDaddy wrote:Pogba rallying speech before the match against Argentina

[/video]
My hero

Probably the only Manure player that I have ever liked.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, exactly, instead of case studying, carrying out in-depth comparative analysis, Nigeria will hire a friend, of a friend, of a friend, who lived next to someone who won the world cup. Quite simply, Nigeria will find a Nigerian solution to a Nigerian problem. The end product, Nigeria of course. They're going nowhere in Qatar and nowhere in the tournament thereafter. Trend extrapolation allows for such predictions. Nigeria will not undergo the necessary evolution as a nation, that will allow for development as a whole. In 4 years time, discourse will be on how the latest Winterbottom didn't allow the boys to play with their natural swagger and wanton abandon. There was a thread detailing Enyimba's stadium renovation, take a good look at what, in 2018 is considered renovation and one will know for sure, Nigeria does not see the potential in sport for growth and thus will remain in a state of arrested development. Mister Wendel in a supercilious, swaggerific Nike, ske-ske, robo ske, bespoke strip. Go ahead Mr Wendel, Mr Wendellllllllll, o-o-o-o ah, yeah, o!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Goldleaf wrote:That is why you need leaders in a team. That SE team did not have any leader apart from JMO and maybe Uzoho who was always pissed off when a set piece was missed by our back line. In that match against Argentina, if Keshi was captain, he would have delivered hot slaps to Iheanacho and Ighalo right on the pitch.
As much as I liked Keshi, I delivering hot slaps to team mates did not make him a leader or motivate his team mates. You can accomplish your goals without resorting to violence
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wiseone wrote:Ohsee, the mentality and "federal character" syndrome in Nigeria makes establishing a national center of football excellence (like Lileshall or Clairefontaine) very difficult in Nigeria. For starters where would it be? If you tried to build it in the north or south, the other region would scream blue murder in the name of federal character. Then you would arguments about making sure that the coaches are equally represented among all 6 geo-political zones etc etc.

with all due respect, that's a lazy excuse provided only by those willing to do nothing. When some camp in Bendel was producing glorious boxers in those days, I am not sure anyone complained o. Build one successful one first, and we will entertain your complains later.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wiseone wrote:Ohsee, the mentality and "federal character" syndrome in Nigeria makes establishing a national center of football excellence (like Lileshall or Clairefontaine) very difficult in Nigeria. For starters where would it be? If you tried to build it in the north or south, the other region would scream blue murder in the name of federal character. Then you would arguments about making sure that the coaches are equally represented among all 6 geo-political zones etc etc.

with all due respect, that's a lazy excuse provided only by those willing to do nothing. When some camp in Bendel was producing glorious boxers in those days, I am not sure anyone complained o. Build one successful one first, and we will entertain your complains later.
Chief I think he's right, I don't see there being many people in agreement with the Government building a football academy like Clairefontaine, when public money like that can be used in a hundred better places.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief I think he's right, I don't see there being many people in agreement with the Government building a football academy like Clairefontaine, when public money like that can be used in a hundred better places.[/quote]

That's an entirely different argument.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Nama!! Talking gibberish as usual without thinking. When you support one zoogeria, that is the package it comes with. "Clairefontaine" can never function well in a quota system society like the zoogeria that you support, so stop asking if your zoogerians have built one or planning to build one.
Last edited by Bouncer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief I think he's right, I don't see there being many people in agreement with the Government building a football academy like Clairefontaine, when public money like that can be used in a hundred better places.
See zoogerians and their little mind and reasoning. Which better places are more better that "Clairefontaine"? Do you know how much foreign exchange that French and Brazilian footballers and their likes brings into their country's economy? Namas still think that football is just an ordinary entertainment when others have taken it as a serious business and gone nuclear in it.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bouncer wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

See zoogerians and their little mind and reasoning. Which better places are more better that "Clairefontaine"? Do you know how much foreign exchange that French and Brazilian footballers and their likes brings into their country's economy? Namas still think that football is just an ordinary entertainment when others have taken it as a serious business and gone nuclear in it.
You still need government investment for that $#%, when you leave it to private investors you end up having your best players in Israel and Qatar.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Probably the only Manure player that I have ever liked.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

kalani JR wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You still need government investment for that $#%, when you leave it to private investors you end up having your best players in Israel and Qatar.
True, the only long term solutions is more spending on education by the government, not just sports education. Here is a stats:Government spending in France is 50% of gdp.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

balo wrote:Not the captain, but obviously the leader of the team.

Now go lay egg in the EPL. :sneaky:
Was the coach or the captain of the team even a Black man? :?:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

that song pained some people from Enugu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Thats a warriors passsion, wow wow reminds me of my speech to my troops before a major battle
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!