Pogba - "Messi or no Messi I don't give a f**k."

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pogba - "Messi or no Messi I don't give a f**k."

Post by cchinukw »

balo wrote:
Pogbaaaaaaaaaa :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ANC wrote:
mcal wrote:
gochino wrote:Nice! Thats what we call Motivation! Meanwhile, a certain fool was busy telling his players they are not as good as the opposition and they are only there to learn from them.
...another form of motivation except the persons being told to did not recognize it as a motivation to go prove "me" wrong :biggrin:

haba, when your papa tell you that you are not good enough. To overcome that, would and cannot be done overnight. The man is a good coach but he is not a good fit for Nigeria.
...I was never in favor of Rohr, we all tagged along because he is oyinbo. He sneezes every Nigerian FA official bows. Many have said it, if they give half of the cooperation they gave to him to a local coach SE will be doing good anywhere. Example, look at Keshi's achievement in the face of tug of war. We just hate ourselves.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:lol: :lol:

Its easy to talk $@#% when you are an overrated player being carried by the likes of Kante and Mbappe. Take those two indiviuals out and France loses to Argentina.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote::lol: :lol:

Its easy to talk $@#% when you are an overrated player being carried by the likes of Kante and Mbappe. Take those two indiviuals out and France loses to Argentina.
Take Pogba out and they lose to Belgium and Croatia.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:

Ol boy the amount of defensive work Pogba did in that game I was like this boy really wants this trophy. He was everywhere defending set pieces like his life depended on it. I like Kante but bre-hart must have forgotten Kante was taken out in the final after having a pretty bad game up to that point...while Pogba scored the winning goal...so yea we know who carried who :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Great stuff by Pogba. I wasn't his fan before this world cup, but I am his fan now.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Ol boy the amount of defensive work Pogba did in that game I was like this boy really wants this trophy. He was everywhere defending set pieces like his life depended on it. I like Kante but bre-hart must have forgotten Kante was taken out in the final after having a pretty bad game up to that point...while Pogba scored the winning goal...so yea we know who carried who :taunt:
Yup, the guy WORKED, he did everything needed for the team to win even if it meant playing more industriously and sacrificing attacking glory.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How did pogba teamtalk deflated to Mikel and rohr bashing btw who told you that our boys or coach didn’t have his own half time speech. In addition to it, there are different kinds of motivational teamtalk.mikel that you’re bashing played that game against Argentina with his DaD KIDNAPPED. Isn’t that the highest level of leadership bestowed to a team?? We lost to a better team because we didn’t take our chances while they did so I don’t know why y’all cannot just hush
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very surprised by Pogba's leadership and how much the other players respect and defer to him. Equally amazed that he delivered those speeches with Lloris (team captain) and Deschamps (manager) standing there watching in silence. To be fair to Nigeria I saw Mikel geeing up the Nigerian players during their warm-up against Argentina. Could not hear what he was saying (mic was off) but from his intense gesticulating, it was obvious he was saying something passionate. Drogba (BBC analyst in studio) saw it and said "we taught him well" (at Chelsea).

Most successful teams have other leaders apart from the captain. The great SAF Man Utd teams over the years had (apart from the captains Robson, Bruce, Cantona, Keane, and Vidic) Ince, Schmeichel, Pallister, McClair, Hughes, Irwin, Rooney, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher....hard grizzled pros.

I cannot imagine that Nigeria would have conceded that late Rojo goal had say West, Uche, or Keshi been on the pitch.
Goldleaf wrote:That is why you need leaders in a team. That SE team did not have any leader apart from JMO and maybe Uzoho who was always pissed off when a set piece was missed by our back line. In that match against Argentina, if Keshi was captain, he would have delivered hot slaps to Iheanacho and Ighalo right on the pitch.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A 6'4 Athletic football player that cant defend is as useless as a used condom. Praising Pogba for defending is like praising a human being for knowing how to breathe. Its a basic function. Being able to dictate the level of play, orchestrate attacks, find that killer pass in the final third, maintain possession.. CONSITENTLY.. Now that is a proper central midfielder. Did Pogba do theses consistently at the World cup? No. Time and time again he lost the ball and made daft decisions all over the pitch especially in the game vs Argentina. Making cliche Hollywood speeches at half time when does not compensate one from being crap. Dabbing for the camera does not absolve a player for being crap. Watch the game vs Argentina.. without Mbappe and Kante, Argentina as useless as they were would have beaten France like Portugal did 2 years ago.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:

I disagree.

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The Pogba hate from some quarters on this thread get as e be. Pls ask those haters to name a better player throughout the World Cup that delivered long crossfield balls accurately into space. None than Paul Pogba and the likes of Mbappe were thankful for them.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

wiseone wrote:Very surprised by Pogba's leadership and how much the other players respect and defer to him. Equally amazed that he delivered those speeches with Lloris (team captain) and Deschamps (manager) standing there watching in silence. To be fair to Nigeria I saw Mikel geeing up the Nigerian players during their warm-up against Argentina. Could not hear what he was saying (mic was off) but from his intense gesticulating, it was obvious he was saying something passionate. Drogba (BBC analyst in studio) saw it and said "we taught him well" (at Chelsea).

Most successful teams have other leaders apart from the captain. The great SAF Man Utd teams over the years had (apart from the captains Robson, Bruce, Cantona, Keane, and Vidic) Ince, Schmeichel, Pallister, McClair, Hughes, Irwin, Rooney, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher....hard grizzled pros.

I cannot imagine that Nigeria would have conceded that late Rojo goal had say West, Uche, or Keshi been on the pitch.
Goldleaf wrote:That is why you need leaders in a team. That SE team did not have any leader apart from JMO and maybe Uzoho who was always pissed off when a set piece was missed by our back line. In that match against Argentina, if Keshi was captain, he would have delivered hot slaps to Iheanacho and Ighalo right on the pitch.
then what happened against Italy?
Was it not West that lost Batistuta in 2002 when he scored?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

cchinukw wrote:That's the kind of capo we need.

Not that gentle Mikel tingi :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
But no Frenchman will have to foot the bill for his countries Olympic team or recieve a phone call telling him his dads been kidnapped but oh well!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Goldleaf wrote:The Pogba hate from some quarters on this thread get as e be. Pls ask those haters to name a better player throughout the World Cup that delivered long crossfield balls accurately into space. None than Paul Pogba and the likes of Mbappe were thankful for them.

I present to you James Rodriguez. If James was a 100%, Colombia would have made it to the semi finals. Now that is a real MVP.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Nigerians. Not learning any lessons. If only Mikel gave a speech; if only Rohr had not told our boys they are there to learn; if only West and Uche were back there; etc. etc. My guys, France is reaping the benefits of their long-term sowing and planting of bionic seeds. What is "Clairefontaine" folks? Do we know? Do we have one? What is the national system we have to find and train talent in the best methods of football?

Listen to us complaining about doing what we always do--go to the World Cup and exit at the group stage or the round of 16. Why are we blaming any one person for what we always do with different people? Why don't we figure out what France has done to get to where they are and learn from it? Other countries are doing so as we speak. We will see the results in the next Cup. As for us, we will go to the next World Cup again, do nothing different except fire Rohr, then find another excuse when we exit in the group stage or the round of 16. Perhaps beaten by Argentina again--this time, maybe our nemeses Messi and Rojo would have retired. :lol:

Biko nu, enough of this Rohr nonsense, and let us begin the long journey to WINNING THE WORLD CUP. It does not happen by mere wishes, or speeches, or by mere "self-belief" or having only the "right" coach, whatever that may mean (France after all, had the "wrong" coach according to their media). It is a long process that involves transforming our football in revolutionary ways.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohsee wrote:Nigerians. Not learning any lessons. If only Mikel gave a speech; if only Rohr had not told our boys they are there to learn; if only West and Uche were back there; etc. etc. My guys, France is reaping the benefits of their long-term sowing and planting of bionic seeds. What is "Clairefontaine" folks? Do we know? Do we have one? What is the national system we have to find and train talent in the best methods of football?

Listen to us complaining about doing what we always do--go to the World Cup and exit at the group stage or the round of 16. Why are we blaming any one person for what we always do with different people? Why don't we figure out what France has done to get to where they are and learn from it? Other countries are doing so as we speak. We will see the results in the next Cup. As for us, we will go to the next World Cup again, do nothing different except fire Rohr, then find another excuse when we exit in the group stage or the round of 16. Perhaps beaten by Argentina again--this time, maybe our nemeses Messi and Rojo would have retired. :lol:

Biko nu, enough of this Rohr nonsense, and let us begin the long journey to WINNING THE WORLD CUP. It does not happen by mere wishes, or speeches, or by mere "self-belief" or having only the "right" coach, whatever that may mean (France after all, had the "wrong" coach according to their media). It is a long process that involves transforming our football in revolutionary ways.
They'll skip over this post and ask if we should hire Southgate as our new coach.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

ace, one would have thought Pogba and France would collapse once Kante went out, but that did not happen. Clear proof that Pogba can operate without Kante, Nzonzi was good enough
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

benteke wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

ace, one would have thought Pogba and France would collapse once Kante went out, but that did not happen. Clear proof that Pogba can operate without Kante, Nzonzi was good enough
Yup, let's see how Pogba plays with the Brazilian they bought this summer.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote:Nigerians. Not learning any lessons. If only Mikel gave a speech; if only Rohr had not told our boys they are there to learn; if only West and Uche were back there; etc. etc. My guys, France is reaping the benefits of their long-term sowing and planting of bionic seeds. What is "Clairefontaine" folks? Do we know? Do we have one? What is the national system we have to find and train talent in the best methods of football?

I agree. Most of the France team are under 25, but they have been coached for the last 15 years at least. Talebtw does come out often nowhere.Until we invest in youth football we are not going to have good results consistently
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A 6'4 Athletic football player that cant defend is as useless as a used condom. Praising Pogba for defending is like praising a human being for knowing how to breathe. Its a basic function. Being able to dictate the level of play, orchestrate attacks, find that killer pass in the final third, maintain possession.. CONSITENTLY.. Now that is a proper central midfielder. Did Pogba do theses consistently at the World cup? No. Time and time again he lost the ball and made daft decisions all over the pitch especially in the game vs Argentina. Making cliche Hollywood speeches at half time when does not compensate one from being crap. Dabbing for the camera does not absolve a player for being crap. Watch the game vs Argentina.. without Mbappe and Kante, Argentina as useless as they were would have beaten France like Portugal did 2 years ago.
Na wa. Which kain bad belle is this? Pogba delivered. He stepped up and delivered especially when it counted most. I just saw that his pre match speech vs Argentina and my brother, after watching I felt like putting on jersey and entering pitch. 100% on point. Kai :clap: :agree:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Goldleaf wrote:The Pogba hate from some quarters on this thread get as e be. Pls ask those haters to name a better player throughout the World Cup that delivered long crossfield balls accurately into space. None than Paul Pogba and the likes of Mbappe were thankful for them.
His overall skill has always been at the highest level. Right foot diagonal. Left foot diagonal. No wahala. Shooting from distance with right or left foot: mostly on target. Ball control? Shielding? Dribbling? all on point. Does he have pace relative to his size? Abundantly. The problem is his languid movement on the pitch is deceptive in appearance and leads to many to question his workrate. Also, he functions more efficiently in a 3 man rather than a 2 man midfield. France used 3 CMs the entire tournament. And the quality of his partners (Kante & Tweedy or Tolliso) are much better than any of the options available at ManU.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ohsee, the mentality and "federal character" syndrome in Nigeria makes establishing a national center of football excellence (like Lileshall or Clairefontaine) very difficult in Nigeria. For starters where would it be? If you tried to build it in the north or south, the other region would scream blue murder in the name of federal character. Then you would arguments about making sure that the coaches are equally represented among all 6 geo-political zones etc etc.

Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.