Trevor Responds to Criticism from the French Ambassador

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: Trevor Responds to Criticism from the French Ambassador

Post by Thunder »

And here is looking from another angle:

”When the Africans say that the 2018 World Cup was won by Africa and not by France,
The Response of a French Journalist: Read for yourself:

"We can give the same team to an African nation and they will not even reach the first rounds/ phase: the money for preparations will be diverted, the delegation will be filled with mistresses and family members going for tourism, those to prepare them Psychologically will be replaced with Pastors and Fetish Priests, cooks and massagers with no experience, Doctors chosen by affinity with the Minister ....... Shame, this team has nothing to do with Africa, colour is not enough. Long live France and bravo."
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Thunder wrote:And here is looking from another angle:

”When the Africans say that the 2018 World Cup was won by Africa and not by France,

"We can give the same team to an African nation and they will not even reach the first rounds/ phase: the money for preparations will be diverted, the delegation will be filled with mistresses and family members going for tourism, those to prepare them Psychologically will be replaced with Pastors and Fetish Priests, cooks and massagers with no experience, Doctors chosen by affinity with the Minister ....... Shame, this team has nothing to do with Africa, colour is not enough. Long live France and bravo."
The author is presenting of an image of a France where descendants of immigrants are given a fair chance. Few years ago, Laurent Blanc then manager of the national team wanted to have quotas to limit the number of players of african descent in french youth teams because they are atheltic and not talented enough. I actually wish France was free of color discrimination.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Trevor's response.
classic

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

well if they take the Africans out of the french team they wont get out of the group stages either
Oya back to the matter
open and close
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kali wrote:Flip things around. The South African Swimming team consists of loads of Africans of European descent. Lets say that South Africa now wins all the medals at the Olympics and a comedian in Europe said that Europe won how would South Africans take it? The South African foreign minister would say exactly the same thing the French foreign minister said.

Trevor Noah should have replied "he was only joking" instead of holding onto a shaky argument.
great analogy.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kali wrote:Flip things around. The South African Swimming team consists of loads of Africans of European descent. Lets say that South Africa now wins all the medals at the Olympics and a comedian in Europe said that Europe won how would South Africans take it? The South African foreign minister would say exactly the same thing the French foreign minister said.

Trevor Noah should have replied "he was only joking" instead of holding onto a shaky argument.
Will he? I beg to disagree, there is nothing shaky about Trevor Noah's argument. You are simply missing the true force of Noah's argument.

Indeed, if we do the same flip you suggested, think about the colonisation of SA and Apartheid. Is it the same for France, their football team, and what led to them playing for France? The history is colonialism for the French is different from colonialism from the English and the Whites that later became known as Afrikaans.

Let's be careful and look at our history as a race before we start flipping anything. Nothing is what it seems, it is far too complicated.

Trevor Noah, a brilliant man, made a joke. The French Ambassador replied. Noah responded, exposing the heart of the French Ambassador's darkness.

When I was in secondary school, I was taught about colonialism, it was truly brilliant in the subject of African history. I learnt about the French and British policies of colonialism. The policies of assimilation and association to be precise. The amazing thing is I am in another century, a supposed new age of enlightenment, but hearing Trevor Noah read the French Ambassador's letter, I realised, the French are still colonialists. The Ambassador just made manifest, neo-colonialism. The French policy of colonialism is very much the norm in 2018.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I like Noah but his argument was very weak. He should've cut his losses rather than namedropping the ambassador.

This was a French victory. They developed these guys and the team reflects the diversity of their society. As Africans we should celebrate the fact that diversity enriched their team, just as much as it enriches many other facets of western society. The France NT is good ammo against those that claim diversity is detrimental to the west. There are immigrants who fall through the cracks but the vast majority want to contribute and feel as valued members of society. I'm glad that the players of African descent on France made the most of their opportunity to contribute to their country. It should serve as a lesson to France that rather than ostracizing African immigrants and immigrants from other parts of the world, they should make a concerted effort to give them the tools they need to flourish in France.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nothing to add.
Bepanda
Heliopolis wrote:I like Noah but his argument was very weak. He should've cut his losses rather than namedropping the ambassador.
This was a French victory. They developed these guys and the team reflects the diversity of their society. As Africans we should celebrate the fact that diversity enriched their team, just as much as it enriches many other facets of western society. The France NT is good ammo against those that claim diversity is detrimental to the west. There are immigrants who fall through the cracks but the vast majority want to contribute and feel as valued members of society. I'm glad that the players of African descent on France made the most of their opportunity to contribute to their country. It should serve as a lesson to France that rather than ostracizing African immigrants and immigrants from other parts of the world, they should make a concerted effort to give them the tools they need to flourish in France.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Prince wrote:

well if they take the Africans out of the french team they wont get out of the group stages either

thats the best you can come with? Weak.
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

mcal wrote:...it is beneath the ambassador to have written the criticism letter, he should have stomached it and move on.
And yes, if they had lost this match, or any match during the campaign, the far right racists would have descended on them.
We all remember the incident with the French team at the 2010 world cup.
KPOM. I'm surprised more people are not pointing out that the Ambassador did not need to respond to what was clearly a joke anyway...he ended up give Trevor the opportunity to respond which is what has garnered so much more attention for Trevor than the joke ever could have by itself!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Hislop: French Ambassador comments 'nothing new'

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/4/ ... othing-new
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

From the comment of posters here, I now know how retarded and brainwashed a lot of people are here on cybereagles. I will never take any of you retards serious anymore. No wonder Africa is a mess with people so retarded as this. tufiakwa.

Thank you Trevor :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

What's this xenophobe talking about? South Africans would have killed all those black players if they were to step into South African before the world cup. Nonsense!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

eyan wrote:

Well US said same of our basket ball team then. That most of them are Americans, never being to naija etc.
What did they win?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Trevor Noah's hit the ball out of the park. Anyone claiming his argument was poor has something wrong with his logic. Noah's argument was so strong and that's why this is making the rounds. If it was weak no one would have noticed.

Noah killed it.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

ANC wrote:
Prince wrote:

thats the best you can come with? Weak.
What did they win without Africans, werent Africans in the same country when they refused to play. Abeg let the man stop chatting rubbish
Oya back to the matter
open and close
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Heliopolis wrote:I like Noah but his argument was very weak. He should've cut his losses rather than namedropping the ambassador.

I think the highlighted is the point Trevor Noah was trying to make albeit with sarcastic humor.

So my friend, you're making the same "weak argument". :P
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Queen Futcha wrote:

great analogy.

You dummy. Europeans never lost their culture and their identity when they stepped foot on south Africa. Infact White South Africans used their European identity to justify their demonic Aparthied rule and imposed their culture on the native Africans. Same can be said of the Arabs. Bad analogy, dumb woman
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I hope some of you have googled the video of Trevor Noah insulting all aboriginal women ... he is in full retreat mode now :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I beg any links with the name of the 'French Journalist'.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim