Clarifying some Mysteries in Pinnick v Giwa.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Clarifying some Mysteries in Pinnick v Giwa.......

Post by Enugu II »

NFF DISPUTE: IN SEARCH OF HONOUR FOR OUR OTUNBA AND DISTINGUISHED SENATOR
http://sportstalkafrica.com/nff-dispute ... d-senator/
by Fred Edoreh July 19, 2018 Featured, FOOTBALL 0 Comments 339
By FRED EDOREH

It was interesting to see Otunba Sunday Dele Ajayi take seat in a meeting of the Chris Giwa faction of the Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation held on Tuesday, July 17, 2018, serving as the Chairman of the Communique Drafting Committee and later addressing the press on behalf of the group.
The wonder is that on August 29, 2014, after the sham Giwa election of August 26, Dele Ajayi vehemently dissociated himself from the group, stating he never participated in the purported Giwa election and denying ever sending any apology for being absent at their first meeting as the group claimed.
In a statement personally signed by him and published in various national newspapers, Ajayi explained that as a signatory to the FIFA Statutes and a believer in the rule of law, it was wrong for the Giwa group to have associated him with their process which he described as clear illegality.
“I hereby state that I understand the statutes guiding elections into the NFF and will not in any way flout those rules or support any individual or group of persons seen to have done so. I did not participate in any purported election. I am still preparing for my election which I believe will come up on September 4, 2014, as proposed by the NFF and approved by FIFA,” he had said.

The FIFA approved election eventually held on September 30 and Ajayi was conspicuously present at the Warri venue at which he was voted into the Executive Committee as a representative of the South West. He has since then worked with the Amaju Pinnick led board in the past four years in which he held several committee positions and headed several project assignments.

It was therefore curious to see him at the meeting of the Giwa faction after his vaunted and demonstrated position on the illegality of the group and having served for full four years tenure with the Pinnick committee.

Similar to Otunba Dele’s double standard is the disposition of Senator Obinna Ogba who is a principal actor and one of the plaintiff in the Giwa suits against the Amaju group. Notwithstanding opposition, the Distinguished Senator had found it difficult to accordingly reject the benefits from the Pinnick Executive.

Ogba, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports, was quick to accept his nomination by the Pinnick board into the CAF Beach Soccer Committee just as he received and worked on recommendations on the NFF Bill from the Pinnick leadership. And has he not, in addition, enjoyed sponsorships to various trips and received Estacodes and allowances from the Pinnick led board which he maintains is illegal and remains in litigation against?

While it is true that honour is becoming scarcer among some breed of men, it used to be that what you say you forbid you should, honourably, not divide with your teeth, talk less of chewing some chunk.

But, somehow, these help to explain why we are where we are.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Clarifying some Mysteries in Pinnick v Giwa.......

Post by fabio »

Oga mi, that another hit job from the Pinnick group. Apparently, the plan is to bring Malgari back, don't know how true it is....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This piece has "CLARIFIED" nothing. If anything, it's added more intrigue and raises more questions one would like to know
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

*Our N300m is with him – Etebo, Akpeyi, 32 others
By Oluwole Francis

These certainly may just not be the best of times for former Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick as 34 former Warri Wolves FC players including Super Eagles duo Oghenekaro Etebo, Daniel Akpeyi have written a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) concerning the inability of the club to pay them their outstanding wages totalling about N300m.

The club is currently in the second division of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL). According to the players’ petition, the club failed to pay their salaries and sign-on fees since 2014. Pinnick was the chairman of the club during that period.

For instance, Etebo played for the club for two seasons between 2013 and 2015, while Daniel Akpeyi played for the seasiders for just a single season. Some other Nigerian internationals named in the list of the petitioners include Abu Azeez, Stanley Dimgba and Azubuike Egwuekwe.

Former players of Nationwide National League (NNL) side that signed the petition to the EFCC over the failure of the management of the club to pay them their salaries and sign on fee worth over N300million since 2014.

Etebo since leaving Warri Wolves has played in Portugal and Spain. He recently signed a long-term deal wit English Championship side, Stoke City. Akpeyi joined South African club, Chippa United after he left in 2015.
This new petition increases the troubles of the embattled former Delta State Football Association (FA) chairman.

It would be recalled that the National Association of Nigerian Footballers (NANF) had submitted a 2015 petition to the EFCC against Pinnick. He was accused of having mismanaged about N4billion while he was the chairman of the Delta State Sports Commission.

Called on phone, Harrison Jalla, the NANF President “confirmed the allegations levelled against Pinnick. We shall provide you with the details” he promised.

http://gongnews.net/warri-wolves-player ... k-to-efcc/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The more I think about this debacle, the more I wonder if the fact that players actually got paid on time as agreed instead of the money disappearing into NFF board members and ministry goons pockets as usual, has not played a big part in the increase in turncoats on the NFF staff.

You can just tell that some money is flowing around behind the scenes to buy votes, and all these goons are now driven by their self interests first and foremost

What I really dont get is why they feel compelled to make thier move against Pinnick now, instead of waiting for the upcoming elections when their chances of legally replacing him will actually have a chance?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote:The more I think about this debacle, the more I wonder if the fact that players actually got paid on time as agreed instead of the money disappearing into NFF board members and ministry goons pockets as usual, has not played a big part in the increase in turncoats on the NFF staff.

You can just tell that some money is flowing around behind the scenes to buy votes, and all these goons are now driven by their self interests first and foremost

What I really dont get is why they feel compelled to make thier move against Pinnick now, instead of waiting for the upcoming elections when their chances of legally replacing him will actually have a chance?
charlie,

What we are seeing now is a full press war between Pinnick and Giwa. Make no mistake on that. Just this morning, Aiteo Oil issued a 14-day ultimatum for the crisis to be solved or they would withdraw from their substantial sponsorship of the national teams and the Federation Cup. But if you read the release you will note that it was in fact a defense of Pinnick as they went point for point to address the recent EFCC petition filed by James Peters. In essence, a proxy war is on.

Nevertheless, here is answer to your question (apology for the digression). The move by Giwa now is very important and strategic. Remember, he is banned for five years beginning late last year which means he is NOT eligible for the upcoming election! Thus, the way I read this esthete Giwa has set up this fight with the hope that Pinnick can come to the negotiation table and part of that negotiation is to lift the ban making him and a few others eligible. Recall that even before the World Cup, the Minister had warned the NFF about going ahead with the elections and wanted the sale of candidacy forms postponed. I believe all that is to maintain a window that allows Giwa back into the race. WE shall all see the outcome. It ain't too far in the future.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Enugu II; thanks for providing a second or discernible view of the issue at hand between this politicians (if I may use the word) and their cohorts. To me, whatever each faction does, they better remember FIFA is watching and can turn their full attention to us in any minute. They should remember the nation comes first.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:Chief Enugu II; thanks for providing a second or discernible view of the issue at hand between this politicians (if I may use the word) and their cohorts. To me, whatever each faction does, they better remember FIFA is watching and can turn their full attention to us in any minute. They should remember the nation comes first.
Odas
It is worse. Take the purported petition pertaining to Warri Wolves, people's names are being used without their consent. Already, Etebo has denied being part of any such petition. Although this does not deny the veracity of the petition's contents but roping in people without their consent is just crass.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

FIFA was wise to only recognize CAS and their own internal conflict resolution system. Nigeria judiciarybis crazy.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I wonder how the otunba and senator feel now that the Presidency has reinstated the Pinnick led board? Pinnick should ensure that both are not allowed near the NFF again. Traitors!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:I wonder how the otunba and senator feel now that the Presidency has reinstated the Pinnick led board? Pinnick should ensure that both are not allowed near the NFF again. Traitors!
Dammy, so we now believe Owngoal? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The govt is disobeying court orders :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My dear friend Fabio will not let Pinnick be. You get power sha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:My dear friend Fabio will not let Pinnick be. You get power sha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Fabio, aren't you tired of this 4 yearly FIFA ban on Nigeria? The courts didn't have jurisdiction over FIFA matters but chose to exercise authority.
The presidency has saved us international embarrassment by forcefully clearing the miscreants out of the NFF offices.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:My dear friend Fabio will not let Pinnick be. You get power sha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief Waffi, you know sey my beef with Pinnick is based on principle. Pinnick should give HB players the same opportunities as everyone else.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Fabio, aren't you tired of this 4 yearly FIFA ban on Nigeria? The courts didn't have jurisdiction over FIFA matters but chose to exercise authority.
The presidency has saved us international embarrassment by forcefully clearing the miscreants out of the NFF offices.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Fabio, is Pinnick the SE coach?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Fabio, is Pinnick the SE coach?
Dammy, who hired the coach?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Fabio, why did Pinnick hire the coach if he could do the job?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Fabio, why did Pinnick hire the coach if he could do the job?
Dammy, why did Pinnick lower the bar for the coach?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Fabio, why did Pinnick hire the coach if he could do the job?
Dammy, why did Pinnick lower the bar for the coach?
Have you ever heard of a coach being given a free hand to do his job? My bro, this reps international best practices. Rohr's job is to pick Nigeria's bEST team and not some affirmative action to include local players, who can't cut the mustard.
Merit is the key word for national team selection.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Have you ever heard of a coach being given a free hand to do his job? My bro, this reps international best practices. Rohr's job is to pick Nigeria's bEST team and not some affirmative action to include local players, who can't cut the mustard.
The coach was given a free hand, what did he deliver? Our WC outing in my opinion.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Have you ever heard of a coach being given a free hand to do his job? My bro, this reps international best practices. Rohr's job is to pick Nigeria's bEST team and not some affirmative action to include local players, who can't cut the mustard.
The coach was given a free hand, what did he deliver? Our WC outing in my opinion.
Then focus on the coach.
I am happy