Nigeria's U15 Win v Morocco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria's U15 Win v Morocco

Post by Enugu II »

Ekorian wrote:We've come a long way from the days of Ugbade, Osondu and Atere, the old men that won us the maiden edition of then Kodak/JVC U 16 World cup in China.
God bless these REAL youngsters. I hope this tournament will give some of them the exposures then need to join some great football academies.
What is surprising are comments made here expressing how young the boys mappers. Nigeria has used U15 teams that look similar for some years now going back to Maigari's stint as NFF boss if I recollect correctly. The problem is that a few years from now when the boys are a bit older people would claim that they are 25 etc.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Maigiri

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
Ekorian wrote:We've come a long way from the days of Ugbade, Osondu and Atere, the old men that won us the maiden edition of then Kodak/JVC U 16 World cup in China.
God bless these REAL youngsters. I hope this tournament will give some of them the exposures then need to join some great football academies.
What is surprising are comments made here expressing how young the boys mappers. Nigeria has used U15 teams that look similar for some years now going back to Maigari's stint as NFF boss if I recollect correctly. The problem is that a few years from now when the boys are a bit older people would claim that they are 25 etc.

Uncle, do you have pictures of some of those young 15 year olds that were later called 25 a couple of years later? Was Dele above 16 in that picture?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Exactly.
Not just that, but there's a stubborn group that insists on harping back to the Osondu era and the Chukwudi fiascos and continue to malign the current kids as if they're all one and the same.
We all want to stop the cheating but we can't keep maligning innocents and jeopardizing their futures by being lazy and not following closely whats going on.
People don't even try to understand the MRI checks and its limitations.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Uncle, do you have pictures of some of those young 15 year olds that were later called 25 a couple of years later? Was Dele above 16 in that picture?
Let me help you:

You need more? :D
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Maigiri

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I feel a song coming.....

Lyrics
My gari, your gari, hawa gari, Yoko gari, gari and ewa..

Paj abeg put your useless beats to my excellent lyrics :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Let me help you:

You need more? :D
Yeah, his picture 4 years ago when he was in the tournament.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

Na after Dele Adeleye ooo! Adeleye was over a decade ago. Abi years don dey go too fast?

Here na an older set of boys (U13) years ago.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

Na after Dele Adeleye ooo! Adeleye was over a decade ago. Abi years don dey go too fast?

But what are their names so I can cuss out people like Princess and co that called them overage a couple of years later?

Dele was a child prodigy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

But what are their names so I can cuss out people like Princess and co that called them overage a couple of years later?

Dele was a child prodigy
1naija,

If you continue harping on Dele then expect court papers soon. You have not given it a break since 2005.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

It is disingenuous to compare these youngsters to the era of Ugbade, Dele and Stanley Okoro. While it is conceivable that a couple of older kids might fall through the cracks, we have to applaud the efforts of the NFF since the introduction of the MRI.
However, it is a different story with our female team. The U20 World cup will be starting on August 5th in France and I've already identified few names that shouldn't be on the list. Nevertheless, it is a work in progress and I commend our football administration for moving in the right direction.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

Dele was a child prodigy
1naija,

If you continue harping on Dele then expect court papers soon. You have not given it a break since 2005.
We must celebrate our Child Prodigies. Argentina have been celebrating Messi since he was 10. We must celebrate Dele who was 2 years younger than Messi and Mikel in 2005.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Enugu II wrote:
Devine Nwachukwu Steals The Headline As Nigeria U15 Secure Comeback Win Against Morocco
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/19/de ... t-morocco/
July 19, 2018038

The Nigeria U15 team largely referred to as Future Eagles started their campaign at the African Youth Games with a win by coming from behind to beat Morocco 3-2.

Morocco took an early 2-0 lead but the boys of coach Danladi Nisadi recovered with a second half led by star forward Devine Nwachukwu who scored a brace with Chidera Ejiofor scoring the other goal for the Nigerians.

Nwachukwu was particularly unplayable as he troubled the back line of the Moroccans with smart runs behind their defence and also deft skills whenever he is on the ball.
Ejiofor was also very lively for the Nigerian while the much talked about wonder kid Lateef Omidiji Junior or also got a run in but failed to be among the goals.

Nigeria are the defending champions of Africa at U15 level and they will be hoping to defend their title with this squad largely selected from the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) U15 tournament, which was played earlier this year.
All the guys get the much coveted CE ageology seal of approval. Please refer all future complaints and challenges to me for investigation.

Regards
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ewu,

We know that in your head the Biafran Air Raids are still going on so you couldn’t get my obvious joke about the coaches being overagged!

How many times would I warn you to stop reading my posts. We don’t want you to suddenly die of heart attack as your blood boils from reading my posts.

Cmoke

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Cmoke wrote:The four guys sitting in front of number 3, 6, 18 look overaged!

Cmoke :D

PS

Before jumping up to celebrate this as a legimate u-15, what are their official football ages? Won’t be surprised if some of them are officially 9 year olds!

Enugu II wrote:
Devine Nwachukwu Steals The Headline As Nigeria U15 Secure Comeback Win Against Morocco
July 19, 2018038

The Nigeria U15 team largely referred to as Future Eagles started their campaign at the African Youth Games with a win by coming from behind to beat Morocco 3-2.

Morocco took an early 2-0 lead but the boys of coach Danladi Nisadi recovered with a second half led by star forward Devine Nwachukwu who scored a brace with Chidera Ejiofor scoring the other goal for the Nigerians.

Nwachukwu was particularly unplayable as he troubled the back line of the Moroccans with smart runs behind their defence and also deft skills whenever he is on the ball.
Ejiofor was also very lively for the Nigerian while the much talked about wonder kid Lateef Omidiji Junior or also got a run in but failed to be among the goals.

Nigeria are the defending champions of Africa at U15 level and they will be hoping to defend their title with this squad largely selected from the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) U15 tournament, which was played earlier this year.
what a low life...smdh
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
July 19, 2018038

Chief, why you no keep us updated on this tournament nah?.
We eventually lost in the final to the same Morocco, 1-3.
Just for those that forgot about this tournament
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
July 19, 2018038

This is what, in the US school parlance is called "show and tell"...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp