Kalinic refuses to accept silver medal saying he didn't play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kalinic refuses to accept silver medal saying he didn't

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If we want to be honest though, Kalinic should be starting ahead of Mandzukic. It is not unusual for players to resent being benched for those they think they are better than.

In 1990, Antoine Bell refused to go to the World Cup because he felt he was a better goalkeeper than Thomas Nkono. In 1994, Ruud Guilliet stormed out of the Dutch World Cup squad because he was unhappy with the team tactics. Loathed Matthias did the same with Germany.

In 2002, Victor Agali declined Onigbinde’s invitation to come to the World Cup camp as he disagreed with the dropping of Oliseh and Finidi. There is nothing wrong with players objecting to the way things are done!
First of all, that is you YOURS or KALINIC'S decision. it is the coach's decision and the earlier you and Kalinic understand that the better for the both of you.

Secondly, Mandzukic was a starter for Juve, the Serie A champions, while Kalinic struggled for AC Milan, a team that struggled last season.
Football will always be a subjective matter. There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Mandzukic is better than Kalinin.
Uncle Ayo, there's nothing subjective about being a part of a TEAM and refusing to do your part when the team needs you. Preferring to massage your (personal) ego over that of the team.

Bro, even in the workplace, there certain jobs whose main criteria for employment is your ability to be a team player.

The dude is nothing but an arrogant egotistical self-centred p$#%.

Mandzukic ran his socks off for the team... and his backup would rather go home than play second fiddle to another player? To think it was in the first game of the tournament... a lot could have changed where he would have started over Mandzukic in some games. He should take his ball and go home.
What a Loooooooser! :boo: :boo:
Reminds of some useless spoilt brat when we were kids, if they are losing they will grab their ball and off they go. You dribble them ,they will take their ball, you tackle them na wa, you score them wahala. Woe betide the whole team of he is a bad player and every other person is better....if he had his ways he would love everyone to stand still like a cone while he dribbles through everyone. You even have to be on good terms with him to be allowed a game with his ball...and guess who gets chosen first and gets to pick the best players. . our oga who owns the ball This clown is a typical me or I go home with my ball.
Once you no allow me to drimble you, my ball is following me home immediately mschew...homey don’t play that! :curse:
Spoilt pikin :laugh:
I hope you were not one of those who inspects the toe nails and would send off anyone who kick the ball with his toes.....kicking of the ball or toeing was forbidden...an instant red card offence. And if you come with big calf muscles like Hercules and tear a cannon of a shot, bobo will just grab his ball game over
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Human beings have different motivations.

We can berate the man all we want but in his mind at the time, he was making the best decision. Commendably he is living by it.

That is a rare specie of human being in today's conformist world where no one wants to stick their necks above the parapet.

I commend Kalinic.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cchinukw wrote:Human beings have different motivations.

We can berate the man all we want but in his mind at the time, he was making the best decision. Commendably he is living by it.

That is a rare specie of human being in today's conformist world where no one wants to stick their necks above the parapet.

I commend Kalinic.
Do you understand the concept of being part of a TEAM?

What he did was antithetical to the concept of being in a TEAM.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:

I commend Kalinic.

KPOM.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I commend Kalinic.

KPOM.

We don't understand the concept of a Team. We don't believe in teamwork.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I commend Kalinic.

KPOM.
:agree:
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Croatian striker Kalinic who refused to come on against Nigeria rejects World Cup silver medal - See more at: https://goo.gl/RPDq82

Stubborn man but I admire his principled stance. He believes he should have been a starter and is sticking to his guns.

Kalinic quite rightly has refused the medal as he believes a man should not reap where he has not sown. How many of you Naija's are made of such stern stuff?
I wonder: did he turn down the performance bonus also?
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I commend Kalinic.

KPOM.

We are not that bad. Haba!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cellular wrote:

I commend Kalinic.

Every once in a while, the world needs a maverick.

It didn't work on this occasion but there are definitely occasions where being a maverick can and has worked.

He didn't fit into this team and he has raised his hands to say he doesn't deserve it.

I think we should move on.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Did Croatia not get to the World Cup primarily because of his goals? He then gets to World Cup and finds out he is a bit part player. I am not excusing his behaviour but I understand
Let him tell that to his children 20 years from now when the country is celebrating the team that did their country proud while one daft egomaniac was sent home.
I don't think he minds. There are things bigger than football.
Of course he wont mind now and i do not expect people who don't have perspective to understand the power of looking back 20 years from now and see the follies of the actions of today which never leaves and hangs upon a man even to his grave.
When you come from a society where legacy counts for nothing , yes there are more important things than football. But when you come from a society where history and legacy is cherished....one can only hope this bobo will have another opportunity to redeem himself.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who knows, if he had started, and played in all those nail-biters where Mandzukic scored he not have scored and Croatia would not receiving a medal :biggrin:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

But why did Croatia even offer to give him a medal?
Their female president for collect that medal as fan of the year.
I hope he never play for Croatia again.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Croatian striker Kalinic who refused to come on against Nigeria rejects World Cup silver medal - See more at: https://goo.gl/RPDq82

Stubborn man but I admire his principled stance. He believes he should have been a starter and is sticking to his guns.

Kalinic quite rightly has refused the medal as he believes a man should not reap where he has not sown. How many of you Naija's are made of such stern stuff?
Kalinic needs to shut the F up. I say that with all due disrespect. What nonsense is this? Is this no longer a team sport? :roll: :roll: :roll:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

oloye wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Did Croatia not get to the World Cup primarily because of his goals? He then gets to World Cup and finds out he is a bit part player. I am not excusing his behaviour but I understand
Let him tell that to his children 20 years from now when the country is celebrating the team that did their country proud while one daft egomaniac was sent home.
I don't think he minds. There are things bigger than football.
Of course he wont mind now and i do not expect people who don't have perspective to understand the power of looking back 20 years from now and see the follies of the actions of today which never leaves and hangs upon a man even to his grave.
When you come from a society where legacy counts for nothing , yes there are more important things than football. But when you come from a society where history and legacy is cherished....one can only hope this bobo will have another opportunity to redeem himself.
To each his own.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cellular wrote:Bobo should take up Tennis or Golf.

He should not be participating in a team sports ever in his life.

What a Loooooooser!

(Tifco, the extra o's are for you). :P
tsk tsk

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: