What the French are saying about us...stolen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
What the French are saying about us...stolen

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

When the Africans say that the 2018 World Cup was won by Africa and not by France,
The Response of a French Journalist: Read for yourself:

"We can *give the same team to an African nation* and they will not even reach the first round.

The money for preparations will be diverted, the delegation will be filled with mistresses and family members going for tourism, those to prepare them psychologically will be replaced with Pastors and Fetish Priests, cooks and massagers with no experience, Doctors chosen by affinity with the Minister.

Shame, this team has nothing to do with Africa, colour is not enough.

Long live France and bravo"
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What the French are saying...stolen

Post by Tbite »

Irresponsible response from a person with low intellect.

The nature of the answer is correct, but it could have been delivered more accurately and with tact.

African teams have made the 2nd round in virtually every WC in 3 decades?

OBVIOUSLY if that exact team was managed by Africans, that lineup would not falter before the 1st round, so all these exaggerations really detracts from what would or should otherwise have been a good response.

and while I am obviously one of those here who clearly points out that this is a French victory, I think there is a danger when we associate ourselves with people who APPEAR to be on the right path of reasoning. It is why many associate with narcissists and other questionable characters.

I do not think I am being sensational, because this is a Journalist..they are supposed to be intelligent (although as I have said many times, most of them are not).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The French and their main land European neighbours don't do deplomacy when it comes to how they feel and this journalist is opinionated but is speaking on behalf of a lot of non black Frenchmen.
I do understand where he is coming from.
(Please provide a link to this statement)
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Eaglezbeak wrote:The French and their main land European neighbours don't do deplomacy when it comes to how they feel and this journalist is opinionated but is speaking on behalf of a lot of non black Frenchmen.
Link? Ogolo made up the quote out of whole cloth! :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:The French and their main land European neighbours don't do deplomacy when it comes to how they feel and this journalist is opinionated but is speaking on behalf of a lot of non black Frenchmen.

don't mind yeye people. I have spent significant time asking all those peeps on WhatsApp who have been bombarding me with this message to provide the name of the French journalist and a link. Why do people love urban legends?
And they will be forwarding to everyone!

Now theres the one about Mbappe's father reportedly saying that Cameroon told him Mbappe had to "pay to play" for Cameroon. People are just forwarding it as if they were eyewitnesses.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:When the Africans say that the 2018 World Cup was won by Africa and not by France,
"
:roll:
it's 2018, and we can't provide receipts for a [made up quote]

5 gams sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tfco wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:When the Africans say that the 2018 World Cup was won by Africa and not by France,
"

5 gams sweet o
DNA no good o

Don't mind ignorant people....now technology has given them WhatsApp and internet service, brains and intellect have become obsolete, and can be banished to storage facilities for ever.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This is the very same rhetoric the West has used to justify stealing our artwork and natural resources. Those savages don’t have a clue what to do with all this so let’s put them in our museums, make them pay for visas and charge them a lot of money to view their own art work. To justify this outrage, they blame the victims for the injustices perpetrated against them and indeed, not unexpectedly, many of those victims even side with them. There is one question I would have for this hypothetical French journalist. How would France have fared without their asernal of African players? If he would have the courage to answer that question truthfully then his big lie would be exposed at once. The French team had a lot more to do with Africa than he let’s on and there’s much more to color than he’s willing to admit. In fact, one could go as far as saying that the French World Cup team is just another symbol of French imperialism :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

"We can *give the same team to an African nation* and they will not even reach the first round.

The money for preparations will be diverted, the delegation will be filled with mistresses and family members going for tourism, those to prepare them psychologically will be replaced with Pastors and Fetish Priests, cooks and massagers with no experience, Doctors chosen by affinity with the Minister.

THIS IS SOOO TRUE!!
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

tfco wrote:
"

5 gams sweet o
DNA no good o
Dey there dey search for ordinary receipt without using your brain. Whom ever may have written the quote, the BIG question on your mind should be, is the person saying the truth or not. And in this case, the person is even over saying the TRUTH.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

don't mind yeye people. I have spent significant time asking all those peeps on WhatsApp who have been bombarding me with this message to provide the name of the French journalist and a link. Why do people love urban legends?

Now theres the one about Mbappe's father reportedly saying that Cameroon told him Mbappe had to "pay to play" for Cameroon. People are just forwarding it as if they were eyewitnesses.
Why insist on the name of the French journalist? Why not address the points raised? Our countries send delegations to accompany the players to important matches. Be it the Olympics, World Cup or a sporting event, we tend to treat it as a chance to make money, tour or do something unrelated to the event at hand. You notice that during the time our continent had military rulers, the teams were more disciplined? It wasn't accidental. We must learn to address issues and to stop engaging in personal attacks or clutching at straws..nothing personal :wink:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What the French are saying about us...stolen

Post by Odas »

I don't know if this is a FAKE article or not, but [all] what was said make a lot of sense to me.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Why insist on the name of the French journalist? Why not address the points raised? Our countries send delegations to accompany the players to important matches. Be it the Olympics, World Cup or a sporting event, we tend to treat it as a chance to make money, tour or do something unrelated to the event at hand. You notice that during the time our continent had military rulers, the teams were more disciplined? It wasn't accidental. We must learn to address issues and to stop engaging in personal attacks or clutching at straws..nothing personal :wink:
Didn't Zaire go to the World Cup with Mobutu as their leader in 1974? Was that a disciplined performance? If you want to make a point be a man and say it with your chest don't hide behind some anonymous "journalist".
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

I say weda the tori no tru or lie, I agree with-am, well-well. Na tru the writer tok, dats all.
Anytime we have a major tournament or so, the contingents are always filled with relatives, ministers and their cohorts and, et al.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Yes we Africans are far from serious but why did Ogolo have to make up a story or fail to find the source?As a reasonable person I don't even see this as a problem he just needed to say he agrees with this!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

you miss the point :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Yes we Africans are far from serious but why did Ogolo have to make up a story or fail to find the source?As a reasonable person I don't even see this as a problem he just needed to say he agrees with this!
:clap:

he did not make it up, some other 'African' probably did, to add to the long list of WhatsApp tales

the points raised are very true though Brazil 2014 springs to mind.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

you miss the point :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Completely. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Africans are just sore losers. Every non African complaining that the French used Africans to win is also just a hater. I mean can you guys just make up your mind? if they decide to reduce the number of non whites on their team you call them racist, if they include them too you say they are an African team. wtf man
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I could have easily said this myself! I dont need any stupid journalist to tell me why we dont do well at this level and based on recent happenings, very accurate

The federal government delegation is usually more than the footballers themselves

France only showed Africa what we can achieve with better organization, whats wrong with that?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because Africans are trying to be smarter than thee ... they are trying to have it both ways, instead of taking ownership and actually working on fixing it.
They want to own the players success, although they aren't willing to do anything for them. In Cameroon, they don't pay the players. They want money for bribes to get into the team, ... etc.
Bepanda
aykwes8 wrote:Africans are just sore losers. Every non African complaining that the French used Africans to win is also just a hater. I mean can you guys just make up your mind? if they decide to reduce the number of non whites on their team you call them racist, if they include them too you say they are an African team. wtf man
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Why do you think Nigeria was looking through the planet for any junk footballer with a Nigerian sounding name? So they hoped that at least these players will have a sound footballing education whilst growing up in Europe and not play football like some of the home based players with no brains

This is where they exposed their incompetence and decades of poor planning and non investment in sports, only at the last olympics, the under 23 were stranded in the US and Mikel had to use his personal funds to get the players to Brazil, anyone remember this? Only 2 years ago

Look how these athletes fund themselves to perform in olympics, if they win the gold, those shameless illiterates government will start jumping on the bandwagon

We are good at claiming what we never invested in, every french man deserves the right to be angry!

Lets adopt the french template, lets see how they were able to put a bunch of black players together and actually win things

Not in a million years! These tournaments are another avenue to loot the economy, at the last world cup, Ghana players were sharing wads of money before an important game, the rest is history
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Watching England Vs France U19. Seems both countries are fighting for African affections. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato