Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay with them

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay with them

Post by balo »

nemi2002 wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay as he appears set on mouth-watering Saudi deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/Djg6se

Yes, this looks short-termist by Musa as it will spell the end of his international career but hey, only he knows what his body is telling him. Maybe he has decided that he can no longer continue to play top flight football and just wants to rake in some cash for the rest of his career.

He needs something to retire on, so maybe he has decided to wave football goodbye and take the cash. This should not be a problem as with 180m souls, we should easily be able to find replacements if we were doing things right.

Musa is officially 25 but hey, he knows more about himself than we do. Personally, me I no blame am abeg!

Why do Nigeria players go to China and other backwaters like Saudia so early? At 25 that's a suspicious move.
Football is work.

This same Makambo has been cornering offers from Saudi just to go make some mulahs.

I see some ogolonitis at play.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Komani wrote:
john12 wrote:If Kanu, okocha, yekini, Finidi all had Musa resume at 25 and decided to make money oversees will people question their importance for SE? The answer is a NO. It just means that no matter what MUSA achieves or does for SE, he is still an aboki, mallam, mula in this people eyes. Tribalism should never be condoned anywhere and we don’t have to like/love anyone but we must do right by them. Meaning, RESPECT people for their achievements/accomplishments. Btw, prior to 2014 WC, gyan didn’t even had musa present CV and he destroyed Saudi league also impressing at 2014 WC
Finidi and Kanu played and won the champions League with big teams. Yekini won the golden boot at Afcon, Okocha was in Afcon team of the tournament once or twice. Gyan had played in France, Italy and England while doing reasonably well.
Don't ever put Ahmed Musa in the same sentence as those guys. He had a good WC. Leave it at that.
You don't have to go over the top because you want to play knight in shining armor.
If Ahmed Musa goes to Saudi and is still making our team much less starting - Then Nigerian football is doomed and not making any sort of progress.
If someone like Onyekuru progresses well, he'll bring all Musa brings and much more.
:clap: :agree:
You mean they played with the best of their generation & weren't found wanting!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Enugu II wrote:
cchinukw wrote:None of us have any right to tell a grown man of about 25 years how to live his life.

He made the choice and must live with the professional and personal consequences and benefits of that decision.

A footballer's playing career has a shelf life and if he dies tomorrow, none of us can give more than a bit of Naira to compensate.

Let the man be.
To be frank, some of the comments are quite ridiculous. Where exactly is it written that you only go to Saudia Arabia and China to retire? It is quite surprising that any person can assume that the only decision to go to Saudi Arabia is because of someone is about to retire. I bet that there are 20 year olds playing in that league. Musa has been offered a great amount of money far exceeding anything he gets at Leicester and anything he has been offered elsewhere. How many people will reject a job offer that pays him or her far more than they are currently receiving? Or do we think Musa is playing soccer for fun or to satisfy Rohr? Face reality, folks. Soccer is a job, for starters. His worry now is for Leicester to agree on the transfer and passing a medical.

Alexis Sanchez for a start turned down way more than he's getting @ManU from those China/Mid-East countries - many others too.You back yourself at the highest levels until you cannot be consistent anymore - like i said B4 - after the Brazil WC, Riyad was less well known than Musa - maybe he backs himself more & is more ambitious.
Willian left Ukraine after ribbing from Brazil fans - now Barca wants him. Add Paulinho to that list. What African players based in China & the Middle East can match Drogba & Eto'o earnings & influence worldwide. Too young to run away. Paulinho failed in Poland & with Spurs - went back home & is now a reliable Barca player.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

That is the choice that Nigeria has to make. Musa has a choice that he has to make and it is about him and his family. That is what should matter to him. As for Nigeria, Nigeria should make the best choice in its own interest. If it means that players in Saudi Arabia should be ignored then so be it, in my opinion.
TheHitman47 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
cchinukw wrote:None of us have any right to tell a grown man of about 25 years how to live his life.

He made the choice and must live with the professional and personal consequences and benefits of that decision.

A footballer's playing career has a shelf life and if he dies tomorrow, none of us can give more than a bit of Naira to compensate.

Let the man be.
To be frank, some of the comments are quite ridiculous. Where exactly is it written that you only go to Saudia Arabia and China to retire? It is quite surprising that any person can assume that the only decision to go to Saudi Arabia is because of someone is about to retire. I bet that there are 20 year olds playing in that league. Musa has been offered a great amount of money far exceeding anything he gets at Leicester and anything he has been offered elsewhere. How many people will reject a job offer that pays him or her far more than they are currently receiving? Or do we think Musa is playing soccer for fun or to satisfy Rohr? Face reality, folks. Soccer is a job, for starters. His worry now is for Leicester to agree on the transfer and passing a medical.
To be frank if you a playing in a low level league like Saudi Arabia you really shouldn't be playing for Nigeria because that shows a lack of ambition.

I don't care about what he chooses to do with his career as long as he knows his position is at greater risk for going to Saudi Arabia. The fact is that in order for the national team to advance we need PLAYERS PLAYING AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL! If we are struggling to find that we are failing. I think the important thing for Musa is that he need to realize that his position isn't guaranteed in the national team.

We can make exceptions for players like Mikel because he played over 10 years at the highest level but I can't say the same for Musa.

Also on the other part of your comment where you are talking about 20 year olds playing in Saudi Arabia, if they are Nigerian, we really shouldn't be looking at them because that would already scream warning signs that they have a lack of ambition. Look at Cameroon with their headless chicken of a player Bassogogg playing in China at 22.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Thank you for your services to the national team Ahmed Musa. Enjoy your lucrative contract!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

tolahs wrote: Paulinho failed in Poland & with Spurs - went back home & is now a reliable Barca player.
FYI Paulinho has left Barca back to China...

https://en.onefootball.com/ernesto-valv ... departure/
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:

Let the man be.
Good for Musa in making a business decision.

But there are certain leagues only people who are making business decisions end up going.

If he accepts playing in KSA then it means he does not fancy playing for the National team.

Good luck to him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay as he appears set on mouth-watering Saudi deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/Djg6se

Yes, this looks short-termist by Musa as it will spell the end of his international career but hey, only he knows what his body is telling him. Maybe he has decided that he can no longer continue to play top flight football and just wants to rake in some cash for the rest of his career.

He needs something to retire on, so maybe he has decided to wave football goodbye and take the cash. This should not be a problem as with 180m souls, we should easily be able to find replacements if we were doing things right.

Musa is officially 25 but hey, he knows more about himself than we do. Personally, me I no blame am abeg!
Yeah like Paulinho and Augusto in China........ honestly we are you like this?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tbite wrote:You have to be at the level of an Asamoah Gyan, a Paulinho , a Mikel etc. before you can even dream of going to a Mickey Mouse league at 25 and resurfacing.

Musa has shown he could be at that level, but alas he is not.

The right move for himself and his family perhaps? The right move for Nigeria? HELL NO! And our duty is to Nigeria not Musa.
What level? Gyan and Paulinho failed in England just like Musa. EPL is not for everyone........ SMH
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

john12 wrote:When I question people triblistic attack on musa They will claim that I am just causing commotion. Let me retract musa CV again for the novice
1, 17 he became Npl highest goal scorer of all time
2, 18, transferred to Vvv venlo then CSKA Moscow
3, 19,20, 21 3x Russian league champions and Russian cup champions
4, 21, ANC campion for Nigeria
5, only player to have scored 2 goals in a game at the World Cup for Nigeria
6, Nigeria present top scorer 15 goals no penalties
7, 25, scored 2 goals again at the World Cup and became Nigeria all time World Cup scorer

IDGAF who you’re but let’s be clear, if musa was an IGBO, Yoruba or even a delta/edo south south guy, would he be disrespected like this?? Nope. It will never Happen. Kanu didn’t score in 6 ANC, Okocha never scored in 1 World Cup. The great Yekini scored only 1 goal at the World Cup. In the history of Nigerian football pre/after independence AHMED MUSA is the only one to have scored 4 goals for us while also being our current top scorer. Yet, people are questioning his importance and claiming his not as valuable as Mikel, gyan, Paulinho as in are you MAD? are you Docile? Demented?? What else do people want from our HAUSA legend? It seems to me that people have some innate superiority complex over the Hausa guy and no matter his accomplishments on the pitch, his importance will be questioned. AHMED MUSA has proven himself locally, internationally, domestically and should only be dropped if he retires. SMH we respect every tribe like our own. I’m ROBBY voice (it’s a damm shame if I may say)
So the dude is a Hausa? That should not really matter. He's Naija's best striker by a mile .
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Granted the standard may be inferior to the EPL, but by way of comparison, in terms of organisation, strategy and facilities, how far is said league behind the NPFL? Yes it’s a career moved focusing more on the fiscal aspect than anything else, but should that pass a death sentence on his international career? Iheanacho, for all his Premier League football kits, was one of the biggest disappointments at the Mundial. There is a matter of mentality that the naysayers are overlooking here. If Musa maintains his professionalism, keeps himself fit and in fine form, his candidacy for a call up should be just as good as anyone else’s. But for an age cheating, octogenarian Ortiz, Deontay Windmill has built a career, name and title, on the back of, what could be considered, opponents from the Saudi Arabian league of boxing.

The one and only rule in contest remains, you beat what’s in front of you. If Musa is thumping goals in, looking every bit a class above, that’s far better for the national team than his bench warming duties at Leicester City. Yes, the move should raise eyebrows and Musa need know that, by way of league weighting, he needs to excel to be considered, but considered he must be if he indeed excels.