Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay with them

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay with them

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay as he appears set on mouth-watering Saudi deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/Djg6se

Yes, this looks short-termist by Musa as it will spell the end of his international career but hey, only he knows what his body is telling him. Maybe he has decided that he can no longer continue to play top flight football and just wants to rake in some cash for the rest of his career.

He needs something to retire on, so maybe he has decided to wave football goodbye and take the cash. This should not be a problem as with 180m souls, we should easily be able to find replacements if we were doing things right.

Musa is officially 25 but hey, he knows more about himself than we do. Personally, me I no blame am abeg!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay with them

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Musa can play anywhere he chooses and still walk into SE lineup. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay as he appears set on mouth-watering Saudi deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/Djg6se

Yes, this looks short-termist by Musa as it will spell the end of his international career but hey, only he knows what his body is telling him. Maybe he has decided that he can no longer continue to play top flight football and just wants to rake in some cash for the rest of his career.

He needs something to retire on, so maybe he has decided to wave football goodbye and take the cash. This should not be a problem as with 180m souls, we should easily be able to find replacements if we were doing things right.

Musa is officially 25 but hey, he knows more about himself than we do. Personally, me I no blame am abeg!
Shut the f__k up, you moron :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

End of international career? You’re MAD
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leicester fail to convince Ahmed Musa to stay as he appears set on mouth-watering Saudi deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/Djg6se

Shut the f__k up, you moron :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.

U they mind this English expat
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Why do Nigeria players go to China and other backwaters like Saudia so early? At 25 that's a suspicious move.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:

Why do Nigeria players go to China and other backwaters like Saudia so early? At 25 that's a suspicious move.
Football is work.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

john12 wrote:End of international career? You’re MAD
Musa is not at the level that we need, but he is going to KSA, a league where he will stagnate.

He has not strengthened his attractiveness.

World Cup performances aside, we have always required more consistency from the diminutive lad, and he is unlikely to find that consistency plying his trade in a mickey mouse league.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

You have to be at the level of an Asamoah Gyan, a Paulinho , a Mikel etc. before you can even dream of going to a Mickey Mouse league at 25 and resurfacing.

Musa has shown he could be at that level, but alas he is not.

The right move for himself and his family perhaps? The right move for Nigeria? HELL NO! And our duty is to Nigeria not Musa.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

When I question people triblistic attack on musa They will claim that I am just causing commotion. Let me retract musa CV again for the novice
1, 17 he became Npl highest goal scorer of all time
2, 18, transferred to Vvv venlo then CSKA Moscow
3, 19,20, 21 3x Russian league champions and Russian cup champions
4, 21, ANC campion for Nigeria
5, only player to have scored 2 goals in a game at the World Cup for Nigeria
6, Nigeria present top scorer 15 goals no penalties
7, 25, scored 2 goals again at the World Cup and became Nigeria all time World Cup scorer

IDGAF who you’re but let’s be clear, if musa was an IGBO, Yoruba or even a delta/edo south south guy, would he be disrespected like this?? Nope. It will never Happen. Kanu didn’t score in 6 ANC, Okocha never scored in 1 World Cup. The great Yekini scored only 1 goal at the World Cup. In the history of Nigerian football pre/after independence AHMED MUSA is the only one to have scored 4 goals for us while also being our current top scorer. Yet, people are questioning his importance and claiming his not as valuable as Mikel, gyan, Paulinho as in are you MAD? are you Docile? Demented?? What else do people want from our HAUSA legend? It seems to me that people have some innate superiority complex over the Hausa guy and no matter his accomplishments on the pitch, his importance will be questioned. AHMED MUSA has proven himself locally, internationally, domestically and should only be dropped if he retires. SMH we respect every tribe like our own. I’m ROBBY voice (it’s a damm shame if I may say)
Last edited by john12 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If Kanu, okocha, yekini, Finidi all had Musa resume at 25 and decided to make money oversees will people question their importance for SE? The answer is a NO. It just means that no matter what MUSA achieves or does for SE, he is still an aboki, mallam, mula in this people eyes. Tribalism should never be condoned anywhere and we don’t have to like/love anyone but we must do right by them. Meaning, RESPECT people for their achievements/accomplishments. Btw, prior to 2014 WC, gyan didn’t even had musa present CV and he destroyed Saudi league also impressing at 2014 WC
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

john12 wrote:If Kanu, okocha, yekini, Finidi all had Musa resume at 25 and decided to make money oversees will people question their importance for SE? The answer is a NO. It just means that no matter what MUSA achieves or does for SE, he is still an aboki, mallam, mula in this people eyes. Tribalism should never be condoned anywhere and we don’t have to like/love anyone but we must do right by them. Meaning, RESPECT people for their achievements/accomplishments. Btw, prior to 2014 WC, gyan didn’t even had musa present CV and he destroyed Saudi league also impressing at 2014 WC
He is we are told 25 years old. I am going to out on a limp and defend those who think that those who think him going Saudi League is not good for Nigeria. I think everyone will agree that the quality of defenders in the saudi league is not at the same level as of those in the premier league. Hence the premier league would be a better preparation for the quality defenders Nigeria is expected to meet in a world cup.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes to a certain extent but when you have qualified your country for ANC, 2 WC, and also conquering your NPL league. To top it off, you won an ANC and in the history of Nigeria you’re our Highest Goalscorer of all time. Please, there’s nothing more to prove only injuries/fitness should exclude you from our team. I’m not even concerned about musa exclusion because I understand rohr wisdom. What’s pissing me of is the constant disrespect musa has to endure even after proving himself numerous times me and you know damm well that if his name was segun, nnamdi, egesi, ekpoma this disrespect wouldn’t happen. In this guys eyes, musa is still an aboki that opens doors for them. Smh tribalism should never be condoned. Musa cannot come and kill himself
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

How Musa's lack of ambition to challenge himself @thehighestlevels has moved into tribal politics is the pits. The earn more money excuse is a joke - Drogba & Eto'o - 2 Africans who earned more than their contemporaries who fled to Russia & China for a payday. They backed themselves & built killer legacies through sheer hardwork.
Musa should be backing himself to play for a club better or at the same level with LCFC - the rest is simply a digression. Riyad Mahrez played for LCFC, came there less known to the world of footie than Musa.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

None of us have any right to tell a grown man of about 25 years how to live his life.

He made the choice and must live with the professional and personal consequences and benefits of that decision.

A footballer's playing career has a shelf life and if he dies tomorrow, none of us can give more than a bit of Naira to compensate.

Let the man be.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

cchinukw wrote:None of us have any right to tell a grown man of about 25 years how to live his life.

He made the choice and must live with the professional and personal consequences and benefits of that decision.

A footballer's playing career has a shelf life and if he dies tomorrow, none of us can give more than a bit of Naira to compensate.

Let the man be.
Didier & Eto'o from smaller countries have laid a path many of us fans will keep encouraging others to follow. As a sports fan, be it hoops or soccer, i never respect the choice of a weaker league for $ - i could do zilch about your tax payments but you bet ya last naira Immo say mines.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote:None of us have any right to tell a grown man of about 25 years how to live his life.

Let the man be.
To be frank, some of the comments are quite ridiculous. Where exactly is it written that you only go to Saudia Arabia and China to retire? It is quite surprising that any person can assume that the only decision to go to Saudi Arabia is because of someone is about to retire. I bet that there are 20 year olds playing in that league. Musa has been offered a great amount of money far exceeding anything he gets at Leicester and anything he has been offered elsewhere. How many people will reject a job offer that pays him or her far more than they are currently receiving? Or do we think Musa is playing soccer for fun or to satisfy Rohr? Face reality, folks. Soccer is a job, for starters. His worry now is for Leicester to agree on the transfer and passing a medical.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

john12 wrote:If Kanu, okocha, yekini, Finidi all had Musa resume at 25 and decided to make money oversees will people question their importance for SE? The answer is a NO. It just means that no matter what MUSA achieves or does for SE, he is still an aboki, mallam, mula in this people eyes. Tribalism should never be condoned anywhere and we don’t have to like/love anyone but we must do right by them. Meaning, RESPECT people for their achievements/accomplishments. Btw, prior to 2014 WC, gyan didn’t even had musa present CV and he destroyed Saudi league also impressing at 2014 WC
Finidi and Kanu played and won the champions League with big teams. Yekini won the golden boot at Afcon, Okocha was in Afcon team of the tournament once or twice. Gyan had played in France, Italy and England while doing reasonably well.
Don't ever put Ahmed Musa in the same sentence as those guys. He had a good WC. Leave it at that.
You don't have to go over the top because you want to play knight in shining armor.
If Ahmed Musa goes to Saudi and is still making our team much less starting - Then Nigerian football is doomed and not making any sort of progress.
If someone like Onyekuru progresses well, he'll bring all Musa brings and much more.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:End of international career? You’re MAD
So John, you feel someone playing in the Saudi league for 2 yrs shoudl still be an SE regular?
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Enugu II wrote:

Let the man be.
To be frank, some of the comments are quite ridiculous. Where exactly is it written that you only go to Saudia Arabia and China to retire? It is quite surprising that any person can assume that the only decision to go to Saudi Arabia is because of someone is about to retire. I bet that there are 20 year olds playing in that league. Musa has been offered a great amount of money far exceeding anything he gets at Leicester and anything he has been offered elsewhere. How many people will reject a job offer that pays him or her far more than they are currently receiving? Or do we think Musa is playing soccer for fun or to satisfy Rohr? Face reality, folks. Soccer is a job, for starters. His worry now is for Leicester to agree on the transfer and passing a medical.
To be frank if you a playing in a low level league like Saudi Arabia you really shouldn't be playing for Nigeria because that shows a lack of ambition.

I don't care about what he chooses to do with his career as long as he knows his position is at greater risk for going to Saudi Arabia. The fact is that in order for the national team to advance we need PLAYERS PLAYING AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL! If we are struggling to find that we are failing. I think the important thing for Musa is that he need to realize that his position isn't guaranteed in the national team.

We can make exceptions for players like Mikel because he played over 10 years at the highest level but I can't say the same for Musa.

Also on the other part of your comment where you are talking about 20 year olds playing in Saudi Arabia, if they are Nigerian, we really shouldn't be looking at them because that would already scream warning signs that they have a lack of ambition. Look at Cameroon with their headless chicken of a player Bassogogg playing in China at 22.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

All the brouhaha over nothing, if a better player emerges and takes the shirt, then case closed...

ANC qualifiers are around the corner, let's wait and see.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Good luck to Ahmed Musa. We wish him well in his endeavours. Who knows, he may make so much money that he may be able to invest in academies, infrastructure and facilities back in Nigeria.

He has a family yo take care of, so maybe yes, this is the right move for him. However, this spells the end of his international career.

Come 2022, I expect our line-up to look something like this:

***********************Simeon Nwankwo******************Henry Onyekuru******************

******************************************Kelechi Nwakali*******************************************

**********************Oghene Etebo****************************Wilfred Ndidi*********************

***Ikouwem Udoh***************************************************************Tyrone Ebuehi***

************Kenneth Omeruo***********William Ekong************Chgozie Awaziem***********

*************************************************Francis Uzoho****************************************

Subs
Dele Alampasu
Femi Thomas
Ola Aina
Ali Koiki
Bryan Idowu
Alex Iwobi
Usman Mohammed
Sadiq Umar
Kelechi Iheanacho
Taiwo Awoniyi
Kayode Olanrewaju
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

john12 wrote:Yes to a certain extent but when you have qualified your country for ANC, 2 WC, and also conquering your NPL league. To top it off, you won an ANC and in the history of Nigeria you’re our Highest Goalscorer of all time. Please, there’s nothing more to prove only injuries/fitness should exclude you from our team. I’m not even concerned about musa exclusion because I understand rohr wisdom. What’s pissing me of is the constant disrespect musa has to endure even after proving himself numerous times me and you know damm well that if his name was segun, nnamdi, egesi, ekpoma this disrespect wouldn’t happen. In this guys eyes, musa is still an aboki that opens doors for them. Smh tribalism should never be condoned. Musa cannot come and kill himself
He was at 17 the highest goal scorer in Nigeria. If that was is real age, he should aim at least to be the next Weah/Etoio, aim to be the best player in the world or the best African player. Going to Saudi Arabia at 25 would not make sense. If he is older that's a different story though.