Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ozil retires from intl footy. Says DFB racist and disre

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I read his three part statements on this.

What a brilliant guy!

Like his football or hate it, like the fool forumer on CE; one has to respect the intelligence of Ozil.

I am with Ozil 1000%!
It's quite a statement isn't it - all three parts.

Absolutely. Don't mean to be disrespectful, but it says a lot that a footballer can be this comprehensive in his statements.

The background he laid out, the examples he presented; and oh the ironies!

Ozil is my sports personality of 2018!!!!
I am not going to take anything away from Ozil, because his football shows that he is an intelligent person,

HOWEVER, if you think Ozil wrote those statements, then I have a bridge to sell to you in Ubuluku. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I can guarantee you his lawyers drafted those statements... every single word, full stop and comma. I can guarantee you that!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Waffiman wrote:Ozil: “My friends Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose are never referred to as German-Polish so why am I German-Turkish? Is it because it’s Turkey? Is it because I’m a Muslim?”

Shame on Germany
I don't think its 'Germany' referring to him as German-Turkish.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites ra

Post by kalani JR »

ANC wrote:Racism? He is not "white"?
Ask a white man if they think he's white.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Take a bow Mesut Ozil.

Not a time to abide xenophobia & hypocrisy. Mesut laid bare the vile nature of the powers that be in Germany. Germany like France in 98 , post 2014 WC success hail multiculturalism but moment adversity hits they can't wait to play xenophobia card.

It's so insidious. Likes of grindel, bierhoff using ozil as easy scapegoat to save their jobs. They knew how xenophobia would play, that many would eagerly buy into "blame the turk" narrative.

Again TAKE A BOW MESUT!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I support Ozil but he needs to make up his mind.

He starts by recognizing his Turkish heritage but then ends with complaints that ppl refer to him as German Turkish.....that confused me.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ugbowo wrote:I support Ozil but he needs to make up his mind.

He starts by recognizing his Turkish heritage but then ends with complaints that ppl refer to him as German Turkish.....that confused me.
He did not write that,his lawyer draft it well for him.
I dont think the German government will refer to him as German Turkey its just people doing that which is normal even super Mario Italian government never call him Italian Ghana
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bepanda wrote:Ozil ... as always, is a very sorry personality.
They asked him for 3 months to explain the picture and the meeting ... he didn't say a single word. Did he want people to read what is in his heart?
He could have explained this prior to the world cup. Furthermore, Erdogan is not just the President of Turkey. he represents nothing Germany stands for. Human rights violations, assassinations of opponents, putting people in Jail , Journalist in jails, ... etc.
Seriously ???
Ozil is an embarrassment for Germany. Good riddance to him. Based on current form for the last 3 years, he doesn't deserve a spot anyway.
Why is he german when they win and german-turkish when they lose?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This statement has profound and far-reaching implications not least for German footballers with dual citizenship.
All those guys that have summarily dismissed approaches from their 'non-white' countries of heritage will have lots to think about.... :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

mcal wrote:...his retirement is his business, the German and Turkish people, I and many Africans don't give a rassass.
You speak for the Turkish communities now - do they know that??
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:So Ozil is the new Ali?
This is why people don't take genuine Racism claims seriously anymore.
Every clown can now claim he is the victim. of racism, and he is elevated and compared to people whose lives were impacted by real injustice.
What's funny ... is people keep falling for this trick.
Remember how many games he refused to show up for Arsenal last season after signing his $350k/week deal?
He was always "hurt", and people excused him saying he played the whole season injured. He was still injured at the world cup? Because he stunk really bad...
Has he had any surgery? Who knows ... the season starts soon ... so we will see how "injured" he is.
Ozil is the KING of apologists ... And his fans aren't far behind.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
akamoke wrote:
cchinukw wrote:To some any you guys lambasting Ozil what would you have said of Mohammed Ali refusing to fight in the Vietnam war or the 2 black athletes who raised their fists at the Olympics?
The embarrassment isn't Ozil's. That should be owned by the racist mobsters who have been given a voice and platform in Germany's government.
It's his way of sticking it to those intellectual imps who can't see beyond race.
I suspect they would have reacted the way the great Jesse Owens reacted
Remember those African American boxers who refused to call Ali his new name to appease massa. Germans know he has hit hard.
You're out here on a false equivalence hunt - the desperation to conflate issues is a joke. How you find the Ali reference as the equivalent in civil rights fights is from the Lee Atwater playbook - it's so weak, it's sad. We conveniently forget how much backlash Ali suffered. I really don't think you believe the Turks can racially be discriminated against - one truly needs to understand what you understand by "Racial discrimination".
You like many Ozil haters cannot separate poor form from racial & Islamophobic driven comments. That you allow what might be disgust @poorperformances to be hijacked for Political causes speaks volumes.
You cannot be committed to "massa" 24/7
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kalani JR wrote:
bepanda wrote:So Ozil is the new Ali?
This is why people don't take genuine Racism claims seriously anymore.
Every clown can now claim he is the victim. of racism, and he is elevated and compared to people whose lives were impacted by real injustice.
What's funny ... is people keep falling for this trick.
Remember how many games he refused to show up for Arsenal last season after signing his $350k/week deal?
He was always "hurt", and people excused him saying he played the whole season injured. He was still injured at the world cup? Because he stunk really bad...
Has he had any surgery? Who knows ... the season starts soon ... so we will see how "injured" he is.
Ozil is the KING of apologists ... And his fans aren't far behind.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
akamoke wrote:
cchinukw wrote:To some any you guys lambasting Ozil what would you have said of Mohammed Ali refusing to fight in the Vietnam war or the 2 black athletes who raised their fists at the Olympics?
The embarrassment isn't Ozil's. That should be owned by the racist mobsters who have been given a voice and platform in Germany's government.
It's his way of sticking it to those intellectual imps who can't see beyond race.
I suspect they would have reacted the way the great Jesse Owens reacted
Remember those African American boxers who refused to call Ali his new name to appease massa. Germans know he has hit hard.
He wasn't claiming phantom racism he actually gave examples.
The propagandist is Ray Charles to the obvious - weak.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Take a bow Mesut Ozil.

Not a time to abide xenophobia & hypocrisy. Mesut laid bare the vile nature of the powers that be in Germany. Germany like France in 98 , post 2014 WC success hail multiculturalism but moment adversity hits they can't wait to play xenophobia card.

It's so insidious. Likes of grindel, bierhoff using ozil as easy scapegoat to save their jobs. They knew how xenophobia would play, that many would eagerly buy into "blame the turk" narrative.

Again TAKE A BOW MESUT!!!!
Stand Up Sir!!!!! :clap: :clap:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I read his three part statements on this.

What a brilliant guy!

Like his football or hate it, like the fool forumer on CE; one has to respect the intelligence of Ozil.

I am with Ozil 1000%!
It's quite a statement isn't it - all three parts.

Absolutely. Don't mean to be disrespectful, but it says a lot that a footballer can be this comprehensive in his statements.

The background he laid out, the examples he presented; and oh the ironies!

Ozil is my sports personality of 2018!!!!
I am not going to take anything away from Ozil, because his football shows that he is an intelligent person,

HOWEVER, if you think Ozil wrote those statements, then I have a bridge to sell to you in Ubuluku. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I can guarantee you his lawyers drafted those statements... every single word, full stop and comma. I can guarantee you that!
It is attributed to him.

He owns the statements as they convey his intent. He paid for it.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tolahs wrote:
mcal wrote:...his retirement is his business, the German and Turkish people, I and many Africans don't give a rassass.
You speak for the Turkish communities now - do they know that??
...interesting you skip I also "speak for" the player and Germans :biggrin:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.

"I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Ozil has no place in the national team for years."

GBOSA :rotf: :rotf:

Mezut your PR ghost writer cannot perform on :rotf: the field for you .... the world is watching this season :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point
GBAM :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nuff respect Ozil
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.

"I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Ozil has no place in the national team for years."

Mezut your PR ghost writer cannot perform on :rotf: the field for you .... the world is watching this season :rotf: :rotf:
I agree with Hoeness and I agree with Ozil on the racism. The reaction to the Erdogan pic was over the top. Ozil has no business playing for Germany on footballing reasons and should have been cut loose about 8 years ago.
http://www.naijiant.com/
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cic old boy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

I agree with Hoeness and I agree with Ozil on the racism. The reaction to the Erdogan pic was over the top. Ozil has no business playing for Germany on footballing reasons and should have been cut loose about 8 years ago.

GBAM :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree that the pic and the reaction to it was ridiculous ..... as far as his on field performances go .... well less said the better :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hoeness don summarize am :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why do we keep getting played by these people?
Maybe there are a few people who say that, but can this be the official opinion?
Here are some of the German player from mixed background:
Sammi Khadira who is Tunisian heritage, Jerome Boateng who is German/Ghanaian. Gomes (Portuguese )
Ilkey Gundogan didn't say the same thing. Emre Can who was also invited to meet Erdogan, but refused.
Ozil who was name Player of the year in Germany on many occasions and has been starting on this team for years, although people who know football remember his performance not being anything special ... all of the sudden they have turned Racist?
Bepanda
camex wrote:
bepanda wrote:Ozil ... as always, is a very sorry personality.
They asked him for 3 months to explain the picture and the meeting ... he didn't say a single word. Did he want people to read what is in his heart?
He could have explained this prior to the world cup. Furthermore, Erdogan is not just the President of Turkey. he represents nothing Germany stands for. Human rights violations, assassinations of opponents, putting people in Jail , Journalist in jails, ... etc.
Seriously ???
Ozil is an embarrassment for Germany. Good riddance to him. Based on current form for the last 3 years, he doesn't deserve a spot anyway.
Why is he german when they win and german-turkish when they lose?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Aniks. I know you are not taking someone called "Hoeness" serious...It is a shame, a damn shame if you do. That is if you ask me sha...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Great statement from Özil, wish he had also pointed out how Grindel does not mind organizing friendlies with Saudi Arabia or the big cooperation of the DFB with China.

And about Hoeneß, the less said the better. Maybe he didn't have proper access to a tv inside the prison.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Well done Ozil very smart guy,better to call it over as i know he is just not good to be playing for Germany in this world cup 2018.Guy like him,Khedira,Muller should not be starting for Germany today.Best time to stick it to them when call out.
My question is Will he have retired if Germany win the world cup and all the players praise to high heaven?
How come this guy cant man up when rightly call out? But i say respect to him for run when fowl nyash exposeThis is a guy who once had poor performance along with his teammate on beloved shirt and refused to go thank the fans they disappointed and paying his salary.
The German never officially calling him German -Turkey when it does not go their way,if few fans do that that should not be something to make it official.The German also overreacted for him visiting the Don of Turkey.Ozil and his grand parents have benefited more than any outside group in Germany.I did not see him call racist when more blacks are refusing job that are been granted to Turkish people that are less educated.His friend the ex Liverpool guy CAN told him not to visit the president as it will bring wahala when both were invited but mr know it all decide to go. He expect some of those drunk German fans to smile over it worst when he was piss poor?