Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ozil retires from intl footy. Says DFB racist and disre

Post by Damunk »

bepanda wrote:Why do we keep getting played by these people?
Maybe there are a few people who say that, but can this be the official opinion?
Here are some of the German player from mixed background:
Sammi Khadira who is Tunisian heritage, Jerome Boateng who is German/Ghanaian. Gomes (Portuguese )
Ilkey Gundogan didn't say the same thing. Emre Can who was also invited to meet Erdogan, but refused.
Ozil who was name Player of the year in Germany on many occasions and has been starting on this team for years, although people who know football remember his performance not being anything special ... all of the sudden they have turned Racist?
Bepanda
Bepanda, you need to respect the man's feelings.
Just because other mixed race players have said nothing means nothing.

Before Enitan Aluko came out with her experiences nobody said nada. Then slowly more black/mixed race girls stepped forward and the rest is history.

Its the same thing with rape and sexual harassment.
One brave person steps forward and it gives impetus to others to follow suit upon realizing they are not alone.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Damunk wrote:
Maybe there are a few people who say that, but can this be the official opinion?
Sammi Khadira who is Tunisian heritage, Jerome Boateng who is German/Ghanaian. Gomes (Portuguese )
Ilkey Gundogan didn't say the same thing. Emre Can who was also invited to meet Erdogan, but refused.
Ozil who was name Player of the year in Germany on many occasions and has been starting on this team for years, although people who know football remember his performance not being anything special ... all of the sudden they have turned Racist?
Bepanda

Before Enitan Aluko came out with her experiences nobody said nada. Then slowly more black/mixed race girls stepped forward and the rest is history.

One brave person steps forward and it gives impetus to others to follow suit upon realizing they are not alone.

DaMunkey,

One could only wish you could extend such deep empathy and heartfelt concern towards ya fellow countrymen East of the Niger :roll: :roll: :taunt:

#TWO-FACE :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Damunk wrote:
Bepanda

If you read some of his previous comments, one gets the impression he finds it difficult to believe people of Turkish descent can racially be discriminated against. The level of ignorance - followed by this stmt which tries to use logic & the reaction/non-reaction of others to justify Ozil's credibility is sad.
---------------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlkDJW9ADbH ... omeboateng

It was a pleasure Abi
---------------
I would argue Jerome who went thru the situation of Prince playing for another Country must appreciate where Ozil is coming from
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites ra

Post by txj »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.

"I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Ozil has no place in the national team for years."

GBOSA :rotf: :rotf:

Mezut your PR ghost writer cannot perform on :rotf: the field for you .... the world is watching this season :rotf: :rotf:
Aniks. I know you are not taking someone called "Hoeness" serious...It is a shame, a damn shame if you do. That is if you ask me sha...

Why Not Robby?

Even an ex-con is allowed to have admirers; no?

Meanwhile, in other news the esteemed ex-con Uli Hoeness continues to ignore the rich form of Mueller dating back over a decade ago...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Gooner_nation!!!! C.O.Y.G.!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.

"I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Ozil has no place in the national team for years."

Mezut your PR ghost writer cannot perform on :rotf: the field for you .... the world is watching this season :rotf: :rotf:
Of course you would ignore the substance of his statements and piggyback on the criminal Hoeness' attempts to divert the discussion.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Aniks. I know you are not taking someone called "Hoeness" serious...It is a shame, a damn shame if you do. That is if you ask me sha...

Why Not Robby?

Even an ex-con is allowed to have admirers; no?

Meanwhile, in other news the esteemed ex-con Uli Hoeness continues to ignore the rich form of Mueller dating back over a decade ago...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kalani JR wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Of course you would ignore the substance of his statements and piggyback on the criminal Hoeness' attempts to divert the discussion.

You okay sweetie? Don’t worry you’ll be alright :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Uli Hoeness....the patriotic Uli who stashed his money offshore coz he was too good to pay taxes in Germany Uli :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The already jailed for tax evasion Uli :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same Uli whose team is partly responsible for the mess the national team is in right now. If Uli was so concerned about the german national team....He should have let the likes of Niklas Süle, Sebastian Ruddy e.t.c stay where they were before joining(deliberately weakining the oppositon) Bayern just to warm the bench. The said players would have been better prepared for the world cup....Uli can criticize players performance for all I care but when he does it selectively by only focusing on Özil whilst ignoring the likes of Mueller whose performance was worse than Özil then its clear as daylight there is an agenda here
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is for Uli ArseHoeness.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Waffiman wrote: This is for Uli ArseHoeness.

Uncle, this picture shows segregation. :mad: :mad:

:boo: for our club.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:

Nah! It doesn't. :D

All the Black players in that corner are Arsenal Academy graduates. The other Black players are in other sections in the picture. Note, Smith Rowe and Bellerin (White English and White Spanish), in that same section as the Black Academy players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

DFB STATEMENT ON MESUT ÖZIL
The presidential board of the German FA (DFB) addressed Mesut Özil’s announcement during a teleconference today. Özil won 92 caps for the Germany national team and helped define a very successful era, both on and indeed off the pitch. Mesut Özil played a key role in Germany lifting the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and so the DFB is and always will be incredibly grateful for his outstanding performances in Germany colours.

Diversity is a strength – not only in football – and that is why our integration efforts have a fundamental importance at every level. From the lower leagues all the way to the senior national teams, many footballers with migrant backgrounds are part of the DFB. We play and live together with our various roots, religions and cultures. What must connect us all within that, both on and off the pitch, is respecting the human rights firmly established in our constitution and standing up for the freedom of expression and freedom of the press, as well as respect, tolerance and fair play. A commitment to these core values is a prerequisite for every person who plays football for Germany.

Therefore, the pictures with Turkish president Erdogan raised questions for many people in Germany. We self-critically acknowledge that the DFB played a part in that when dealing with this issue. We also regret that Mesut Özil – unlike Jerome Boateng – feels as if he wasn’t given enough protection when made the target of racist slogans. However, it was important for Mesut Özil, like Ilkay Gündogan before him, to provide answers for this photo, regardless of the way the World Cup in Russia went. At the DFB, we win and lose together, all of us, as a team.

The DFB would have been happy for Mesut Özil to continue being part of this team on that common basis, but he has chosen otherwise. The DFB respects that, and for us as an association that wishes to be respectful to a commendable Germany international, we wish to make no public comment in regard to some statements that for us are incomprehensible in their tone and message.

For the DFB to have been associated with racism is something we emphatically reject, with regard to our ambassadors, staff members, our clubs and the work of millions of volunteers at grassroots level. The DFB has been very active with its integration efforts in Germany for many years, including the introduction of the Integration Award, creating the “1:0 für ein Willkommen” (“1-0 to open arms”) campaign and integrating tens of thousands of refugees into its footballing family. Over the past 15 years, the DFB has established its integration efforts on many levels, right through to the amateur leagues. We stand for diversity – from the representatives at the very top to the countless people working at grassroots level each and every day.

The DFB regrets Mesut Özil’s decision to step down from the national team. But it does not affect the association’s determination to continue its successful work on integration.

created by dfb

https://www.dfb.de/en/news/detail/dfb-s ... fb22ea8191
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I read his three part statements on this.

What a brilliant guy!

Like his football or hate it, like the fool forumer on CE; one has to respect the intelligence of Ozil.

I am with Ozil 1000%!
It's quite a statement isn't it - all three parts.

Absolutely. Don't mean to be disrespectful, but it says a lot that a footballer can be this comprehensive in his statements.

The background he laid out, the examples he presented; and oh the ironies!

Ozil is my sports personality of 2018!!!!
I am not going to take anything away from Ozil, because his football shows that he is an intelligent person,

HOWEVER, if you think Ozil wrote those statements, then I have a bridge to sell to you in Ubuluku. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I can guarantee you his lawyers drafted those statements... every single word, full stop and comma. I can guarantee you that!
It is attributed to him.

He owns the statements as they convey his intent. He paid for it.
I am not sure what your argument is. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Unlike Hoeness, Ozil did not go to prison! And unlike Hoeness, Ozil has paid his taxes to help build Germany.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:

Wafoolishman puts his foot up his mouth again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

Wafoolishman puts his foot up his mouth again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Why is this response necessary? This is uncalled for, especially as I have explained the picture in my response to 1Naija. I find it ridiculous. Look! Why don't you avoid my posts. I believe it is best.

I will gladly avoid your posts for obvious reasons.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

anikulapo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bepanda

DaMunkey,

One could only wish you could extend such deep empathy and heartfelt concern towards ya fellow countrymen East of the Niger :roll: :roll: :taunt:

#Genuinelybaffled
# FakeNews&Viewsisreal

You need to come to London and meet up, get to know me, rather than hang on the every word of those faceless propagandists.
You might learn a thing or two.
As you know, I nor dey hide so I'm not faceless.... :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Uli Hoeness....the patriotic Uli who stashed his money offshore coz he was too good to pay taxes in Germany Uli :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same Uli whose team is partly responsible for the mess the national team is in right now. If Uli was so concerned about the german national team....He should have let the likes of Niklas Süle, Sebastian Ruddy e.t.c stay where they were before joining(deliberately weakining the oppositon) Bayern just to warm the bench. The said players would have been better prepared for the world cup....Uli can criticize players performance for all I care but when he does it selectively by only focusing on Özil whilst ignoring the likes of Mueller whose performance was worse than Özil then its clear as daylight there is an agenda here

Nna let’s stay focused Biko and I appreciate ya tone :thumb:

Nevertheless do you dispute the substance of his comments on Ozils performance ? He even specifically mentioned that they saw him as a weak link whenever they played Arsenal :idea:

Damning indictment

And secondly you have to be one helluva personality to go to prison and still get reinstated as the Boss of one the biggest entities in the world. I mean this wan no be dictator nah :mrgreen:

In other words he must be doing something right because Germans have very little tolerance for incompetence or inefficiency

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Damunk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bepanda

DaMunkey,

#Genuinelybaffled
# FakeNews&Viewsisreal

You need to come to London and meet up, get to know me, rather than hang on the every word of those faceless propagandists.
You might learn a thing or two.
As you know, I nor dey hide so I'm not faceless.... :taunt:

Nna na simpl question I dey ask nah :mrgreen:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Nevertheless do you dispute his comments on Ozil performance ?

And secondly you have to be one helluva personality to go to prison and still get reinstated as the Boss of one the biggest entities in the world. I mean this wan no be dictator nah :mrgreen:

In other words he must be doing something right because Germans have very little tolerance for incompetence or inefficiency
Uli ArseHoeness is trying to score political points and he fails miserably. The ex-con has spent time in jail so he might have forgotten that for 5 years in a row, the German fans voted Ozil as as German Player of the year. According to Uli ArseHoeness, it means, German Football has been s*** all those years.

Talking about Uli ArseHoeness observation of Ozil's performance. This from your favourite newspaper. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
However, SunSport can reveal that that since the 2014 World Cup Ozil has won 20 tackles for Germany.

Over the same period, Mario Gotze, who plays a similar position, made 15. Ozil and Gotze share an almost identical tackle ratio per 90 minutes of 0.71 and 0.72 respectively.

In the Premier League, Ozil has managed to win 80 tackles over the last four seasons for Arsenal.

Comparably, over the same period, Juan Mata won 75 for Manchester United while Philippe Coutinho won 115 at Liverpool and Barcelona.

In addition to Hoeness’ blast failing to stand up, some would argue his tackling is among the least important areas of his game.

Tasked with creating chances for his team, only Kevin De Bruyne (43) has provided more Premier League assists over the last four years with Ozil setting up 41 goals.

While Hoeness, who made 35 appearances for West Germany, has ripped into Ozil some of those who played with the Arsenal star have been paying tribute.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

You this guy na real poor debater :taunt: :taunt:

Clearly it was a figure of speech and I’m laughing that ur expending all this research time with ya fake news :tic:

Secondly no be dailyMirror you claim say nah my favorite paper but now you don change to fit ya agenda :taunt:

And Shebi I tell you say ya god will eventually be exposed as a fraud .... well this is just the beginning ... the man will be shamed out of the Emirates and not be missed ... can’t wait for that day :curse:

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Monday 23 July
Ozil blasted

Nevertheless do you dispute his comments on Ozil performance ?

Uli ArseHoeness is trying to score political points and he fails miserably. The ex-con has spent time in jail so he might have forgotten that for 5 years in a row, the German fans voted Ozil as as German Player of the year. According to Uli ArseHoeness, it means, German Football has been s*** all those years.

Talking about Uli ArseHoeness observation of Ozil's performance. This from your favourite newspaper. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
However, SunSport can reveal that that since the 2014 World Cup Ozil has won 20 tackles for Germany.

Over the same period, Mario Gotze, who plays a similar position, made 15. Ozil and Gotze share an almost identical tackle ratio per 90 minutes of 0.71 and 0.72 respectively.

In the Premier League, Ozil has managed to win 80 tackles over the last four seasons for Arsenal.

Comparably, over the same period, Juan Mata won 75 for Manchester United while Philippe Coutinho won 115 at Liverpool and Barcelona.

In addition to Hoeness’ blast failing to stand up, some would argue his tackling is among the least important areas of his game.

Tasked with creating chances for his team, only Kevin De Bruyne (43) has provided more Premier League assists over the last four years with Ozil setting up 41 goals.

While Hoeness, who made 35 appearances for West Germany, has ripped into Ozil some of those who played with the Arsenal star have been paying tribute.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is a joke, right! How can I take this seriously when it is clear the person who wrote this uses words like 'diversity" and 'integration' in the context of the subject matter.

The statement's racism is at best cryptic to those who do not understand the complexities and dynamics of the issues at play. But if you understand, there is nothing cryptic in the ignorance and racism of the statement. Just examine how Boateng is being used in that statement, it is appalling, embarrassing and downright racist. Ho! We have many black friends also we know few Turks.

The DFB tries to defend itself by claiming it has protected Boateng from “racist slogans”; yet the DFB has supported and endorsed a “comedian” who uses blackface to mock Boateng.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/p ... ssion=true

I am truly appalled at this statement. It gives manifest to everything Ozil has said.
King Futcha wrote:DFB STATEMENT ON MESUT ÖZIL
The presidential board of the German FA (DFB) addressed Mesut Özil’s announcement during a teleconference today. Özil won 92 caps for the Germany national team and helped define a very successful era, both on and indeed off the pitch. Mesut Özil played a key role in Germany lifting the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and so the DFB is and always will be incredibly grateful for his outstanding performances in Germany colours.

Diversity is a strength – not only in football – and that is why our integration efforts have a fundamental importance at every level. From the lower leagues all the way to the senior national teams, many footballers with migrant backgrounds are part of the DFB. We play and live together with our various roots, religions and cultures. What must connect us all within that, both on and off the pitch, is respecting the human rights firmly established in our constitution and standing up for the freedom of expression and freedom of the press, as well as respect, tolerance and fair play. A commitment to these core values is a prerequisite for every person who plays football for Germany.

Therefore, the pictures with Turkish president Erdogan raised questions for many people in Germany. We self-critically acknowledge that the DFB played a part in that when dealing with this issue. We also regret that Mesut Özil – unlike Jerome Boateng – feels as if he wasn’t given enough protection when made the target of racist slogans. However, it was important for Mesut Özil, like Ilkay Gündogan before him, to provide answers for this photo, regardless of the way the World Cup in Russia went. At the DFB, we win and lose together, all of us, as a team.

The DFB would have been happy for Mesut Özil to continue being part of this team on that common basis, but he has chosen otherwise. The DFB respects that, and for us as an association that wishes to be respectful to a commendable Germany international, we wish to make no public comment in regard to some statements that for us are incomprehensible in their tone and message.

For the DFB to have been associated with racism is something we emphatically reject, with regard to our ambassadors, staff members, our clubs and the work of millions of volunteers at grassroots level. The DFB has been very active with its integration efforts in Germany for many years, including the introduction of the Integration Award, creating the “1:0 für ein Willkommen” (“1-0 to open arms”) campaign and integrating tens of thousands of refugees into its footballing family. Over the past 15 years, the DFB has established its integration efforts on many levels, right through to the amateur leagues. We stand for diversity – from the representatives at the very top to the countless people working at grassroots level each and every day.

The DFB regrets Mesut Özil’s decision to step down from the national team. But it does not affect the association’s determination to continue its successful work on integration.

created by dfb

https://www.dfb.de/en/news/detail/dfb-s ... fb22ea8191