Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mesut Ozil retires from international football, cites ra

Post by anikulapo »

Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Maybe the topic at hand is his personality? The personality of someone who has always quit, when the going got tough. Whenever the situation got dicey, he is no where to be found. And his excuses have always been weird. "He is injured. He is home with the flu. He is tired from the world cup, He has been playing all season with injuries, Sanchez is bullying his team mates".... Excuses after excuses after excuses. All those Arsenal fans who are "defending" him ... ask them where Ozil was, when the season was on the line. He never showed up for games in the last 3 months of the season. Since he has been at Arsenal and has been one of the highest paid players, he has constantly disappeared when he was asked to perform above average. Did he ever lift his team to victory?
His personality is one that always quits. He played for Germany for more than a decade. Germany won and lost plenty of games during that span. He never mentioned any of these racism issues. He never came forward to speak about them. All of the sudden ... people have become racist towards him.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of racist people in Germany. But, the reason he is quitting is NOT because of racism.
This is the leader of Arsenal. He is paid twice the salary of his peers. This is the guy who is asked to lead this team to a CL spot. Are these the leadership qualities you want as the face of your team?
I hope he has the courage to stand in front of the press and defend his allegation. But, I won't hold my breath. He barely gives any press conference. Barely speaks and says what's on his mind. Barely talks to the fans after games. Ozil is a coward. And this is a cowardly approach...
If he truly feels German. If he is a leader ... what exactly is he going to do about it? No, he is not a politician, but he is a role model. If you feel something is done wrong in your house, you just blame everyone and run away?
Bepanda
kalani JR wrote: Dude cut the $#%, there is a whole #$% Arsenal thread to criticize Ozil the footballer. I don't know how good you are at reading the situation but the topic at hand is not his football skill.

BP,

God bless you ja re .... couldn’t have said it any better .... Spineless to the core ... CHEIII when the going gets tough ...... Ozil .... ahh never mind :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So you have taken your dislike of him as an Arsenal player to this level where you mock his REAL experience with racism?

The guy gave receipts. He named names.

You mock him because you don't like him as an Arsenal player?

Nobody even players you loath deserves to experience racism and xenophobia.

NOBODY!

My good man please don’t be fooled .... Mezut a victim? Please I laugh and other real victims of racism cry :idea: Here is a dude that’s been given so much on a platter and given so little back .... Cellular Abeg make we hear word .... This is nothing more than a PR Stunt ... let those who want to be fooled ... be fooled ... Just so you know, the Erdogan crew are lapping this up and using it as a propaganda tool but then again wetin small pikin like me sabi ...

Watch and see how this plays out this season .... Mezut Madoff just ezpanded that bullseye on his back
He is a victim.

Because he didn't complain before doesn't diminish the fact that he is a victim.

Dude is probably still shocked that even him as accomplished as he is would be the target of such hate and vitriol.

"Racism should never, ever be accepted." - Mesut Ozil

Bros let’s agree to disagree nothing spoil ..:: but the funniest thing I have read about this farce is Mezut Madoff’s agent accusing Hoeness of “making this about football..”

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wow :blushing: :mrgreen:

You don’t say :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

A victim of convenience.
When it suits him, he will play the victim 's card. Otherwise, he will just tag along, take the accolades, make the money, enjoy the freedom that others fought for.
He couldn't play the "I'm injured" card, which he has played so well at Arsenal. After stinking at Arsenal, his refuge was always the German national team. And his fans always reminded us "how great" he plays for Germany ...
Bepanda
Cellular wrote: He is a victim.
Because he didn't complain before doesn't diminish the fact that he is a victim.
Dude is probably still shocked that even him as accomplished as he is would be the target of such hate and vitriol.
"Racism should never, ever be accepted." - Mesut Ozil
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:It’s funny next thing dem go accuse me of islamophobia because of Xhacrap and Ozil, even though I have been the staunchest supporter of Mohammed El Neny ( I know with a name Mohammed he must be a Jew ) :taunt: :taunt:
I'm glad you accused yourself. I've tried to ignore your drivel but no longer. You're the last person one should expect an honest assessment of Ozil's current predicament.
The search button is there for anyone who cares to know your thoughts and feelings towards Ozil. Your attacks on him goes beyond his skill as a footballer. Why don't you remind us of the names you've called him in the past?
When you react to terrorist acts by the Islamist, we all know you lose all sense and sensibilities. We all do from time to time but if this was a court case and half of what you've ever written on this site was read to the court, you will, under your own steam decide to leave the court without anyone ejecting you.
You lack credibility and I will for humanitarian reasons limit it to matters concerning Ozil.

You and Bepanda telling us how a man should react when he feels betrayed, threatened and ridiculed is just comical and idiotic. It's so easy to tell others how to shout when you're not the one being roasted on an open fire.

As you aptly put it, you think it was an easy choice to expand the bulls eye on his back by speaking out? Ozil could have kept quiet and let things blow over - the " I don't want to rock the boat" response. He chose to speak out and trust me, the truth can NEVER be covered up forever.

I remember when Aluko first spoke out, it was foolishness to many and the establishment reacted the way they always do, first thought - cover it up and reject the allegation.

Please as much as it's healthy to allow people to have their say, you and Bepanda need to shut the hell up and not tell a man how to react or say when you've not experienced a drop of what he's gone through.

I will have a good discussion with you guys anytime any day and I don't hate any of you but to be talking about a man who has given what both of you have not given in this manner is just downright idiotic
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:It’s funny next thing dem go accuse me of islamophobia because of Xhacrap and Ozil, even though I have been the staunchest supporter of Mohammed El Neny ( I know with a name Mohammed he must be a Jew ) :taunt: :taunt:
I'm glad you accused yourself. I've tried to ignore your drivel but no longer. You're the last person one should expect an honest assessment of Ozil's current predicament.
The search button is there for anyone who cares to know your thoughts and feelings towards Ozil. Your attacks on him goes beyond his skill as a footballer. Why don't you remind us of the names you've called him in the past?
When you react to terrorist acts by the Islamist, we all know you lose all sense and sensibilities. We all do from time to time but if this was a court case and half of what you've ever written on this site was read to the court, you will, under your own steam decide to leave the court without anyone ejecting you.
You lack credibility and I will for humanitarian reasons limit it to matters concerning Ozil.

You and Bepanda telling us how a man should react when he feels betrayed, threatened and ridiculed is just comical and idiotic. It's so easy to tell others how to shout when you're not the one being roasted on an open fire.

As you aptly put it, you think it was an easy choice to expand the bulls eye on his back by speaking out? Ozil could have kept quiet and let things blow over - the " I don't want to rock the boat" response. He chose to speak out and trust me, the truth can NEVER be covered up forever.

I remember when Aluko first spoke out, it was foolishness to many and the establishment reacted the way they always do, first thought - cover it up and reject the allegation.

Please as much as it's healthy to allow people to have their say, you and Bepanda need to shut the hell up and not tell a man how to react or say when you've not experienced a drop of what he's gone through.

I will have a good discussion with you guys anytime any day and I don't hate any of you but to be talking about a man who has given what both of you have not given in this manner is just downright idiotic

Oh dear Lawd I can’t even waste more than two seconds wasting my time with the rantings of a palm Wine Tapper ...: moving along :roll:

Poor Mezy ... boo hoo :roll: Fake bleeding hearts :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

2 worthwhile responses amongst many others i've seen on this matter & the class shown in respecting context.
------------------------------------------------------

Honigstein talking context
-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.france24.com/en/20180723-ozi ... ara-cheers

For Tagesspiegel, the entire affair was a "watershed for sports, politics and society."

While the newspaper noted that Ozil's thinking that a photograph could be non-political was "naive", it said that the debacle had far reaching consequences.

"Ultimately, Ozil did not fall because of Grindel but because of a heated, populist mood in Germany," it said.

"The danger exists because many who also have family roots in other countries or culture, can understand Ozil's mood. And this needs to be countered quickly and decisively.

"Because more is at stake than just the future of the German national football team."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I longtime ago chose not to call out sportmen/women on who they pose with, moreso if there isn't proof of political ties - we cannot allow a WC in Russia & Qatar with human rights records probably worse than Turkey but seek to lynch a dude for a photo...nah!!! Slippery slope.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

tolahs wrote:2 worthwhile responses amongst many others i've seen on this matter & the class shown in respecting context.
------------------------------------------------------

Honigstein talking context
-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.france24.com/en/20180723-ozi ... ara-cheers

For Tagesspiegel, the entire affair was a "watershed for sports, politics and society."

While the newspaper noted that Ozil's thinking that a photograph could be non-political was "naive", it said that the debacle had far reaching consequences.

"Ultimately, Ozil did not fall because of Grindel but because of a heated, populist mood in Germany," it said.

"The danger exists because many who also have family roots in other countries or culture, can understand Ozil's mood. And this needs to be countered quickly and decisively.

"Because more is at stake than just the future of the German national football team."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I longtime ago chose not to call out sportmen/women on who they pose with, moreso if there isn't proof of political ties - we cannot allow a WC in Russia & Qatar with human rights records probably worse than Turkey but seek to lynch a dude for a photo...nah!!! Slippery slope.
I agree much more than football is at stake. Populist movement are dangerous. Germans should recall that populist movements elected Hitler. Also had Ozil being of american descent and taken a look picture with George W Bush who went to war on false premises in Iraq, which has led to the death of a million, would there have been such a backlash?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/stor ... nt-erdogan

Dis Gonna Be Good :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: a lot of innocent freedom seeking Turks, including athletes and their families have suffered at the hands of this man .... you are now his poster boy and propaganda pawn of his regime .... Good Luck Droopy :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Mesut Ozil needs to understand that he will only be a hero in Turkey, as long as he does what Erdogan wishes.
Here is the story of Enes Kanter and his family. When Erdogan doesn't love you, he jails you, then kills you and/or your family.
I'm always shocked to see people use the freedom of speech they enjoy in country A to support a guy who kills his own people in Country B.
The Trials of NBA Star Enes Kanter, Erdogan’s Public Enemy No. 1: ‘I Got No Country’
He’s been branded a “terrorist” in his homeland and his father is awaiting trial on trumped-up charges, but the Turkish New York Knicks’ center refuses to keep quiet.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trial ... no-country
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/stor ... nt-erdogan
Dis Gonna Be Good :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: a lot of innocent freedom seeking Turks, including athletes and their families have suffered at the hands of this man .... you are now his poster boy and propaganda pawn of his regime .... Good Luck Droopy :rotf: :rotf:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Is there a more dangerous populist movement in Turkey?
And why are you not mentioning it?
Which country has the more solid institutions to stop populism?
Bepanda
camex wrote: I agree much more than football is at stake. Populist movement are dangerous. Germans should recall that populist movements elected Hitler. Also had Ozil being of american descent and taken a look picture with George W Bush who went to war on false premises in Iraq, which has led to the death of a million, would there have been such a backlash?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Mesut Ozil needs to understand that he will only be a hero in Turkey, as long as he does what Erdogan wishes.
Here is the story of Enes Kanter and his family. When Erdogan doesn't love you, he jails you, then kills you and/or your family.
I'm always shocked to see people use the freedom of speech they enjoy in country A to support a guy who kills his own people in Country B.
The Trials of NBA Star Enes Kanter, Erdogan’s Public Enemy No. 1: ‘I Got No Country’
He’s been branded a “terrorist” in his homeland and his father is awaiting trial on trumped-up charges, but the Turkish New York Knicks’ center refuses to keep quiet.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trial ... no-country
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/stor ... nt-erdogan

Dont mind these myopic fake bleeding hearts. :roll:

MLK.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bepanda wrote:Is there a more dangerous populist movement in Turkey?
And why are you not mentioning it?
Which country has the more solid institutions to stop populism?
Bepanda
camex wrote: I agree much more than football is at stake. Populist movement are dangerous. Germans should recall that populist movements elected Hitler. Also had Ozil being of american descent and taken a look picture with George W Bush who went to war on false premises in Iraq, which has led to the death of a million, would there have been such a backlash?
America is a more dangerous populist country than Turkey. Look at what Bush did!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Özil is a #$%$ and he's always been a #$%$. He was a #$%$ when he moved to Bremen from Schalke. And he's been a massive, gaping #$%$ for months now about the Erdogan affair. The DFB played the situation wrong but it was mostly to do with Özil's refusal to release any statement. The DFB couldn't shield him from the free press or fans and couldn't force him to do anything so they hoped it would blow over and it rightfully didn't. The team fell apart at the WC and Özil and Gundogan has no small role in that. The DFB said as much afterwards too. In turn he blasted the DFB and made the affair entirely about his race which it never really was (the racial abuse he suffered is unacceptable but also inevitable - racists exist and Özil unapologetically stoked their biggest triggers and it's clear it was purposeful).
Bouncer
Egg
Egg
Re: Ozil retires from intl footy. Says DFB racist and disre

Post by Bouncer »

bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:Before being over intoxicated by Ozil's action, i hope natives will understand that Turkey is a more hostile racist and discriminating society against Africans than Germany. Doubt it? Go and live in Turkey for six months and then spend six months in Germany to compare. Racism is everywhere including zoogeria.
Question.....ever lived in those country?

Dude what is wrong is wrong....it does not matter whether one party has done more wrong than the other one....if an action is wrong how difficult is it to judge and deal with it independent of other wrong acts instead of resorting to a futile game of whataboutery

Ozil was talking about issues happening in Germany....the flawed acts of the turkish society can be discussed in another platform
Sorry, but i can't bring myself to separating both. I maintain that Turkey is a worse racist country than Germany, so Ozil has no pity from me. Sorry!
You aint saying anything to back your far-fetched claims and that is why you didnt answer the question I asked.
Peddling spurious claims and resorting to counter-accusations is a tactic mostly used by the far-right(not saying you are but).

I will go back to my question.....did you ever live in any of those countries and do you have anything factual to back your unfounded claims?
This is a very lazy and illiterate question. I mean in 2018 and you are asking this sort of question? Let me ask you then, were you present when Ozil was treated bad by some Germans. You read it here and you believed it wholeheartedly right? Yet you have the gut to ask me if i have lived in either Germany or Turkey to be able to back up my claim. Ignorance is a disease!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tobi17 wrote:Özil is a #$%$ and he's always been a #$%$. He was a #$%$ when he moved to Bremen from Schalke. And he's been a massive, gaping #$%$ for months now about the Erdogan affair. The DFB played the situation wrong but it was mostly to do with Özil's refusal to release any statement. The DFB couldn't shield him from the free press or fans and couldn't force him to do anything so they hoped it would blow over and it rightfully didn't. The team fell apart at the WC and Özil and Gundogan has no small role in that. The DFB said as much afterwards too. In turn he blasted the DFB and made the affair entirely about his race which it never really was (the racial abuse he suffered is unacceptable but also inevitable - racists exist and Özil unapologetically stoked their biggest triggers and it's clear it was purposeful).

:clap:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:Before being over intoxicated by Ozil's action, i hope natives will understand that Turkey is a more hostile racist and discriminating society against Africans than Germany. Doubt it? Go and live in Turkey for six months and then spend six months in Germany to compare. Racism is everywhere including zoogeria.

Dude what is wrong is wrong....it does not matter whether one party has done more wrong than the other one....if an action is wrong how difficult is it to judge and deal with it independent of other wrong acts instead of resorting to a futile game of whataboutery

Ozil was talking about issues happening in Germany....the flawed acts of the turkish society can be discussed in another platform
Sorry, but i can't bring myself to separating both. I maintain that Turkey is a worse racist country than Germany, so Ozil has no pity from me. Sorry!
You aint saying anything to back your far-fetched claims and that is why you didnt answer the question I asked.
Peddling spurious claims and resorting to counter-accusations is a tactic mostly used by the far-right(not saying you are but).

I will go back to my question.....did you ever live in any of those countries and do you have anything factual to back your unfounded claims?
This is a very lazy and illiterate question. I mean in 2018 and you are asking this sort of question? Let me ask you then, were you present when Ozil was treated bad by some Germans. You read it here and you believed it wholeheartedly right? Yet you have the gut to ask me if i have lived in either Germany or Turkey to be able to back up my claim. Ignorance is a disease!

:rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Strange that there haven’t been many German teammates (past or present) who seem upset by Ozil dropping out .... but wetin small pikin like me sabi :laugh:

MLK.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Ozil showed poor judgement and I disagree with his point about respecting the office rather than the person. He doesn't see it this way but by meeting Erdogan, Ozil is seen as condoning the president's behaviour. Even if he felt it wasn't political to meet with Erdogan, it illustrates poor judgement on his part as obviously meeting with such a polarizing politician would draw an array of negative chatter.

That being said, the German media has been unfair with their coverage and made a mountain out of a molehill. Some Germans blame this story for hurting their WC performance which is a joke of a premise to say the least. Ozil has been let down by others but his silence for so long was another indication of poor judgement. He should've come out and stated his piece immediately rather than having this story fester.

Hopefully the DFB and German players of immigrant backgrounds learn something from this; I hope the DFB play a bigger role in protecting their players from this xenophobic nonsense.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tobi17 wrote:Özil is a #$%$ and he's always been a #$%$. He was a #$%$ when he moved to Bremen from Schalke. And he's been a massive, gaping #$%$ for months now about the Erdogan affair. The DFB played the situation wrong but it was mostly to do with Özil's refusal to release any statement. The DFB couldn't shield him from the free press or fans and couldn't force him to do anything so they hoped it would blow over and it rightfully didn't. The team fell apart at the WC and Özil and Gundogan has no small role in that. The DFB said as much afterwards too. In turn he blasted the DFB and made the affair entirely about his race which it never really was (the racial abuse he suffered is unacceptable but also inevitable - racists exist and Özil unapologetically stoked their biggest triggers and it's clear it was purposeful).
Hmmm
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I do agree with that.
If my refusal to accept baseless assertions is an example of my lack of literacy then I will take illiteracy as a badge of honor.
If asking you for facts to back up your claims means that am illiterate I will gladly accept my illiteracy.
If resorting to spurious far-right rhetoric is an example of being the second coming of Einstein. I will rather be illiterate.

To answer your question, I wasn't there when Ozil was mistreated by Germans but I have the experience(12 years as a German residence) and the academic facts to back what I am saying. You haven't shown anything to back what you are saying besides peddling unfounded claims and whataboutery?
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I do agree with that.
If my refusal to accept baseless assertions is an example of my lack of literacy then I will take illiteracy as a badge of honor.
If asking you for facts to back up your claims means that am illiterate I will gladly accept my illiteracy.
If resorting to spurious far-right rhetoric is an example of being the second coming of Einstein. I will rather be illiterate.

To answer your question, I wasn't there when Ozil was mistreated by Germans but I have the experience(12 years as a German residence) and the academic facts to back what I am saying. You haven't shown anything to back what you are saying besides peddling unfounded claims and whataboutery?
And what exactly were you saying? Some of you really are educated illiterates. Are you that silly to be asking me for evidence and fact about Turkey's racism against blacks which is well pronounced with information all over the net? Do i have to live in Germany to know that Germans are also racists? I mean, is this a joke or something? I do not need to live in Turkey or in Germany to know such an elementary thing about them. And you present yourself as educated right? You read about Ozil and German's racism in the news journals, yet you did not require proof from the news journals before believing them and discussing it here. What if the story is fake and the supposed Ozil's letter is fake as well? You read your school text books, history and so on, and you believe what history told you that happened in 1900 right? Were you born in 1900? Man do you have brain at all. You sound so silly by trying to let us know that you have lived 12 years in Germany. I have never lived in Germany, but i know Germany's history and it's people more than you do. That is the power of education. I do not need to live in Germay to know much about them. We all follow America and Trump's politics, but we all do not live in America and we all do not need to live in America to know much about America, Trump and their politics. Stop your dumb act now!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I do agree with that.

And what exactly were you saying? Some of you really are educated illiterates. Are you that silly to be asking me for evidence and fact about Turkey's racism against blacks which is well pronounced with information all over the net? Do i have to live in Germany to know that Germans are also racists? I mean, is this a joke or something? I do not need to live in Turkey or in Germany to know such an elementary thing about them. And you present yourself as educated right? You read about Ozil and German's racism in the news journals, yet you did not require proof from the news journals before believing them and discussing it here. What if the story is fake and the supposed Ozil's letter is fake as well? You read your school text books, history and so on, and you believe what history told you that happened in 1900 right? Were you born in 1900? Man do you have brain at all. You sound so silly by trying to let us know that you have lived 12 years in Germany. I have never lived in Germany, but i know Germany's history and it's people more than you do. That is the power of education. I do not need to live in Germay to know much about them. We all follow America and Trump's politics, but we all do not live in America and we all do not need to live in America to know much about America, Trump and their politics. Stop your dumb act now!
Facts please. That is all am asking for.....not a thousand words essay full of nothing....just back what you said with proof....cold hard facts.

If you are so smart as you claim to be, you will know the current political situation in Germany, and you will know that Özil is not the first to complain about racism in Germany(he just happen to be one high profile figure doing that).....Mr Big Brain smart and all.....how difficult is it to answer such a simple question, especially one from a dimwitted nincompoop like myself?
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

You're absolving the DFB from quite a lot. Actually they could have forced him to release a statement. Federations and National team communications/press officers do that at times. They could have backed him up in other ways.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

anikulapo wrote:Strange that there haven’t been many German teammates (past or present) who seem upset by Ozil dropping out .... but wetin small pikin like me sabi :laugh:

It's strange since Germans can be quite blunt at times but not strange in this situation.
Dortmund have been in the USA for the past week and I was able to talk to a number of their team-pr & communications as well as the German media that covers Dortmund. The German players feel they are in a no win situation (whether we disagree with their belief or not). If they say something to support Ozil, they feel it will be taken the wrong way. The German players- Reus, Gotze, Schmelzer, have also been advised to say nothing by the team PR. They know it's a hot topic. Their PR guys are watching and listening like hawks to everything asked to those players and particularly for questions about Ozil so they can say "next question".
I would imagine it's the same with Bayern- their players and PR staff- especially after Hoeness decided to add himself into the situation.

--------------------------------------------