Pinnick: Your next task na to get this leftback ooo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Pinnick: Your next task na to get this leftback ooo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ali Koiki joined the Clarets in the summer of 2016 following a successful trial spell.

The left-sided player signed a new 12-month deal in July, 2017 after moving up to the Development Squad.

Koiki started his career in the youth system at Crystal Palace before being spotted by Burnley playing local football in Coydon.

A regular at left-back for the under-23s in 2017/18, Koiki was rewarded with a first professional contract at the end of the season, penning a 12-month deal with a further year's option.

Get him to switch his allegiance to Nigeria so Rohr can at least take a look at him.
mapet
Egg
Egg
Re: Pinnick: Your next task na to get this leftback ooo

Post by mapet »

Koiki Omo oloye :sneaky: ?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Is Koiki better than Ikouwem Udoh, the Flying Eagles captain, or Duru? Both played a half each against Athletico Madrid in Uyo and were outstanding. Let Rohr work on them, use them, and earn the plaudits. Enough of managing right footed players at left back or left wing back.The Marcelos and Hernandez's of this world are not right footed. Let Ebuehi, Aina and Idowu battle for the right side. Let Udoh, Duru, and the other prospects like Koiki battle for the left side.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:Is Koiki better than Ikouwem Udoh, the Flying Eagles captain, or Duru? Both played a half each against Athletico Madrid in Uyo and were outstanding. Let Rohr work on them, use them, and earn the plaudits. Enough of managing right footed players at left back or left wing back.The Marcelos and Hernandez's of this world are not right footed. Let Ebuehi, Aina and Idowu battle for the right side. Let Udoh, Duru, and the other prospects like Koiki battle for the left side.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

This potential transfer story confirms Udoh's quality...:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/23/ex ... uwem-udoh/

Owngoalnigeria.com has exclusively gathered from Enyimba FC of Aba that their left full back Ikouwem Udoh who is the captain of the Nigeria national Under-20 team is studying an offer from Belgium side Club Brugge.
Udoh made his first team bow for Enyimba last season and the 19 year old moved a step higher when he made the Nigerian team to the African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Morocco, and proved himself.
He started the tournament as second choice left back with coach Salisu Yusuf preferring Daniel James to him but he seized his chance when injury ruled James out of the remaining games of the tournament, where Nigeria finished as runners up.
Presently the captain of the Nigeria U20 team who are through to the next African Youth Championship, a club source at Enyimba revealed that they are studying a contract proposal from Club Brugge.
” It’s a five year deal which we feel is good for the boy and his career growth, and even though some other clubs have contacted us over him. Club Brugge are the only club with a formal bid for him”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:This potential transfer story confirms Udoh's quality...:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/23/ex ... uwem-udoh/

Owngoalnigeria.com has exclusively gathered from Enyimba FC of Aba that their left full back Ikouwem Udoh who is the captain of the Nigeria national Under-20 team is studying an offer from Belgium side Club Brugge.
Udoh made his first team bow for Enyimba last season and the 19 year old moved a step higher when he made the Nigerian team to the African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Morocco, and proved himself.
He started the tournament as second choice left back with coach Salisu Yusuf preferring Daniel James to him but he seized his chance when injury ruled James out of the remaining games of the tournament, where Nigeria finished as runners up.
Presently the captain of the Nigeria U20 team who are through to the next African Youth Championship, a club source at Enyimba revealed that they are studying a contract proposal from Club Brugge.
” It’s a five year deal which we feel is good for the boy and his career growth, and even though some other clubs have contacted us over him. Club Brugge are the only club with a formal bid for him”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

I will be keeping an eye out to see if the deal materialises.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Udoh better not take 5 years. You don’t want to be tied down that long. 3 years is much, much better. It will take about 2 years to really fine tune his skills. After that, if he wants to move, he won’t be bugged down by a 5-year contract :!:

Cheers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong, if he is top class, he will move after a year. Babayaro only spent a season at Anderlect and Yobo only spent a season at Standard Liege.

If he distinguishes himself, the big boys will come calling. World class leftbacks are a rarity!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Obong, if he is top class, he will move after a year. Babayaro only spent a season at Anderlect and Yobo only spent a season at Standard Liege.

If he distinguishes himself, the big boys will come calling. World class leftbacks are a rarity!
I agree. I liked what I saw in the Athletico match. He and Duru were top notch. I recall he was a hit at the last CHAN in Morocco. Little wonder he captains the Flying Eagles. I sure hope he tows the line of Babayaro and Yobo (you can also add Ndidi who can play some mean defense and used Belgium as a brief stop-over for the EPL).
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Obong, if he is top class, he will move after a year. Babayaro only spent a season at Anderlect and Yobo only spent a season at Standard Liege.

I agree. I liked what I saw in the Athletico match. He and Duru were top notch. I recall he was a hit at the last CHAN in Morocco. Little wonder he captains the Flying Eagles. I sure hope he tows the line of Babayaro and Yobo (you can also add Ndidi who can play some mean defense and used Belgium as a brief stop-over for the EPL).
When players spend too long in lower leagues, it is time to look elsewhere. Ndidi is a perfect example of if you are good you will move on quickly.

Look at Richarlison. He went from Palmerias to Watford and now Everton have bought him for £50m, yet players like Isaac Success are not progressing.

Anyway, I am sure Rohr knows he needs to try out at least three leftbacks. He already has three rightbacks in Ebuehi, Abdullahi and Aina. I will not add Idowu as I believe he will end up in the back three and neither will I add Moses as he plays there under protest.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Don't forget Deji Beyreuther.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Akas is doing very well in Sweden......He needs another chance also.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Udoh is definitely an excellent left back. If you have not watched him and think because he is in the NPFl and thus he isn't good enough, think again. This kid is very good and can challenge any of the guys in the SE set up as of today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:Udoh is definitely an excellent left back. If you have not watched him and think because he is in the NPFl and thus he isn't good enough, think again. This kid is very good and can challenge any of the guys in the SE set up as of today.
He is someone we should keep an eye on. Leftback is arguably our weakest position at the moment.
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

Ikouwem (Udoh) has a very high ceiling, as his pedigree shows. Scouted him years ago when he was signed by Enyimba mgmt and sent out on loan to play in N. Nationwide league(?). The guy then walked into first team and sent Akas to bench after a few starts. Folks had to make excuses for Akas.

If a U-21 player dominates in a top team in their first season in top flight, then he most likely has the capability to play at the highest level. I have seen this with Musa, Etebo, T. Taiwo etc in recent years, Nwobodo 2 seasons ago & Ikouwem now.
Iron mustu obey!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ume-ugo wrote:Ikouwem (Udoh) has a very high ceiling, as his pedigree shows. Scouted him years ago when he was signed by Enyimba mgmt and sent out on loan to play in N. Nationwide league(?). The guy then walked into first team and sent Akas to bench after a few starts. Folks had to make excuses for Akas.

If a U-21 player dominates in a top team in their first season in top flight, then he most likely has the capability to play at the highest level. I have seen this with Musa, Etebo, T. Taiwo etc in recent years, Nwobodo 2 seasons ago & Ikouwem now.
TBH I was surprised how good he was at the CHAN. I heard of him before then but had not watched him until the CHAN and he blew me away with how seamless his play going forward was. However, he has to develop a bit more defensively but even then he isn't below some players we now have at SE level that aren't complete either.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Not that easy o, I think Baba had Olympics to showcase himself
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Prince wrote:

Not that easy o, I think Baba had Olympics to showcase himself

Udoh will have Cameroon 2019. If he is good, he will get snapped up!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

To be honest can we compare any of these boys with Stanley Amuzie. Stanley has all the attributes to be phenomenal left back for SE. He has amazing dribbling skill with powerful shots. Definitely a round peg in a round hole . His performances in the Olympics were absolutely bravura . Our feckless coach stupidly failed to include in his team but forcing right footed players to man the left back position.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:To be honest can we compare any of these boys with Stanley Amuzie. Stanley has all the attributes to be phenomenal left back for SE. He has amazing dribbling skill with powerful shots. Definitely a round peg in a round hole . His performances in the Olympics were absolutely bravura . Our feckless coach stupidly failed to include in his team but forcing right footed players to man the left back position.
The Stanley I’ve seen multiple times is not as good as the guys I saw in the Athletico friendly but that was just one game sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Stanley Amuzie has been tried out and found out not up to it. Having said that, he may have improved!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Stanley Amuzie has been tried out and found out not up to it. Having said that, he may have improved!
Can you sincerely claim that those who went to the world cup as SE left backs are better than him. There is no question about it Stanley is miles ahead of them. If Stanley is well groomed he will definitely be Marcello or Roberto Carlos of SE. For sure he has all the tools to be one of them in due course .
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

bully12 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Stanley Amuzie has been tried out and found out not up to it. Having said that, he may have improved!
Can you sincerely claim that those who went to the world cup as SE left backs are better than him. There is no question about it Stanley is miles ahead of them. If Stanley is well groomed he will definitely be Marcello or Roberto Carlos of SE. For sure he has all the tools to be one of them in due course .
I would have expected Stanley been part of SE immediately after Olympics