DSS FORCES GIWA OUT OF NFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: DSS FORCES GIWA OUT OF NFF

Post by charlie »

Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:What I find interesting is how so many of the Pinnick haters and "Rohr must go" crowd are all of a sudden law abiding citizens, more interested in defending the law when it suits their needs, but looking the other way when it was illegally used to pursue an agenda aligned with their interests.

I suppose in the jungle that is Nigerian politics, there is no right or wrong,...just self interests.
Who are the Pinnick haters?

Or the "Rohr Must Go" crowd?

The fact is that Rohr failed. If Pinnick and the NFF want to retain him, it is their prerogative. But let's not claim that he has succeeded. Next is AFCON qualifiers, hope he gets the ticket. You might ready up an excuse...
Ok, I have no issues with your opinion. In fact, if you are unhappy with the way the NFF is run, then there is a process to elect new leadership with a different direction. That process was derailed by politicians using "the law" as their tool to serve their personal needs.

Where was your outrage then? Or did the law not matter to you when it was misused?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Dalung dares Buhari, says Giwa remains NFF president
ON JULY 23, 20189:40 PMIN NEWS, SPORTS31 COMMENTS

Sports Minister Solomon Dalung has stated that nothing has changed following the Supreme Court ruling and Orders of the Federal High Court in Jos on the Nigeria Football Federation on April 27, 2018. This followed the invasion of the Glass House by security operatives this morning. Barrister Dalung said in a statement that the status quo remains. Dalung and Buhari “As far as I am concerned, nothing has changed. There is no development after the Supreme Court ruling of April 27, 2018 and the Federal High Court Order of 5th June 2018 because the court has not vacated the order.

“Those who are presently trying to instigate confusion, using the name of the President must be aware that the President cannot go against the rule of law. The Order issued by the court has not been vacated and the President cannot vacate a court order because there are clear cut processes of doing that.

“What happened in the NFF today is security excesses but it will be sorted out. The Federal government is urging members of the public to remain calm as it is doing its best to resolve the crises in the Nigeria Football Federation.

“The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has already initiated a process of trying to bring the stakeholders together, to work out a road map out of this quagmire. The Stakeholders’ meeting billed for Tuesday July 24, 2018 will still go ahead as planned.

“We want to assure Nigerians that Government is sorting out the grey areas but nobody should drag the name of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria into this. The President is an advocate of the Rule of Law and he cannot be associated with the security excesses of a breach of the Rule of Law.

We urge the civil servants in the federation to remain calm and go about their normal duties.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/dal ... president/
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Why DSS chased out Chris Giwa from NFF
By Online Team | Publish Date: Jul 23 2018 10:04PM
facebook twitter goolge plus linkdin like (0 Likes)
Indications have emerged on why the Department of State Security Security (DSS) chased out embattled Chris Giwa from the Secretariat of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) in Abuja.
A letter signed by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, a copy of which was obtained by Daily Trust on Monday, had directed the parties involved to maintain the statusquo until the final determination of the suit.

The letter also directed the Sports minister, Solomon Dalung, to abstain from making any public comment on the NFF crisis forthwith.
The letter titled “RE: A plea for caution in implementing one-sided court orders concerning the Nigeria Footbal Federtion (NFF) and the need to respect FIFA's position on the orders” reads in part:
“I write to convey the directive of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari that the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports should refrain from making any further public statement in relation to this matter and let the legal process take its course.
“The parties are to be advised to await the final determination of the suit without disturbing the status quo ante.”
Daily Trust noted that the letter (LE: 29/S.1/II/65) dated July 20, 2018, which was addressed directly to the sports minister, was also copied to the Inspector General of Police, the NFF General Secretary and the Director General of the DSS.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-dss-c ... 62314.html
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pens wrote:Why DSS chased out Chris Giwa from NFF
Indications have emerged on why the Department of State Security Security (DSS) chased out embattled Chris Giwa from the Secretariat of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) in Abuja.
A letter signed by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, a copy of which was obtained by Daily Trust on Monday, had directed the parties involved to maintain the statusquo until the final determination of the suit.

The letter also directed the Sports minister, Solomon Dalung, to abstain from making any public comment on the NFF crisis forthwith.
The letter titled “RE: A plea for caution in implementing one-sided court orders concerning the Nigeria Footbal Federtion (NFF) and the need to respect FIFA's position on the orders” reads in part:
“I write to convey the directive of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari that the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports should refrain from making any further public statement in relation to this matter and let the legal process take its course.
“The parties are to be advised to await the final determination of the suit without disturbing the status quo ante.”
Daily Trust noted that the letter (LE: 29/S.1/II/65) dated July 20, 2018, which was addressed directly to the sports minister, was also copied to the Inspector General of Police, the NFF General Secretary and the Director General of the DSS.

What court order is the AGF operating under?
The should do these things the right way.

This is the same AGF that refused to grant bail to Dasuki despite court orders granting him bail. :? :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote:
pens wrote:Why DSS chased out Chris Giwa from NFF

What court order is the AGF operating under?
The should do these things the right way.

This is the same AGF that refused to grant bail to Dasuki despite court orders granting him bail. :? :(
so was Nnamdi kanu
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

charlie wrote:
Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:What I find interesting is how so many of the Pinnick haters and "Rohr must go" crowd are all of a sudden law abiding citizens, more interested in defending the law when it suits their needs, but looking the other way when it was illegally used to pursue an agenda aligned with their interests.

I suppose in the jungle that is Nigerian politics, there is no right or wrong,...just self interests.

The fact is that Rohr failed. If Pinnick and the NFF want to retain him, it is their prerogative. But let's not claim that he has succeeded. Next is AFCON qualifiers, hope he gets the ticket. You might ready up an excuse...
Ok, I have no issues with your opinion. In fact, if you are unhappy with the way the NFF is run, then there is a process to elect new leadership with a different direction. That process was derailed by politicians using "the law" as their tool to serve their personal needs.

Where was your outrage then? Or did the law not matter to you when it was misused?
You must not be following my posts on this matter or other matters.
Of the two parties involved, I know Pinnick, I don't know Giwa.
I want the issue resolved amicably if it is possible while following the rule of law.

This case is similar to the Ekiti elections. When Fayose had the power of the FGN he used it against Fayemi. Same with Pinnick.
For us to proceed, both gentlemen should try and settle this case out of court. But Pinnick should be willing to entertain arbitration that was initially proferred by the Sports Minister.

What is wrong is wrong.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

jette1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Huh? :?
Cullular where were you when buhari broke the Law on raid of Nnamdi Kanu's compound
You can read my comments on RnR on the illegal act to proscribe IPOB and the subsequent raid.
The AGF then went ahead found a judge to legalize an illegitimate act (proscription) of IPOB.
I said as much when it happened.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You must not be following my posts on this matter or other matters.
Of the two parties involved, I know Pinnick, I don't know Giwa.
I want the issue resolved amicably if it is possible while following the rule of law.

This case is similar to the Ekiti elections. When Fayose had the power of the FGN he used it against Fayemi. Same with Pinnick.
For us to proceed, both gentlemen should try and settle this case out of court. But Pinnick should be willing to entertain arbitration that was initially proferred by the Sports Minister.

What is wrong is wrong.
Arbritration, Amicable ke??? :D
Ebun mi, that ship sailed when Giwa and that crooked sports minister decided to use military force to occupy the grass house.

This entire adventure by Giwa and that mumu Dalung was always about power and never about what was best about Nigerian football. In fact, Dalung has likely ensured that Pinnick is guaranteed to win the next NFF elections by default. Instead of debating who to run against him, he has united Nigerians tired of these politicking power struggles behind Pinnick.

If I were Dalung, I will worry more about keeping his job rather than arbitrating with the dead horse that Giwa is. The only conversation that needs to take place is between Dalung and Pinnick, and you and I know the conversation will be all about Naira notes.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, while I support Pinnick's right as per ruling of FIFA and CAS upholding of that ruling, I do not believe that DSS' use of strong-arm on this matter is the way to go. This, IMHO, opens the door for future acts that may be detrimental to all of us. If Giwa acted illegally to occupy property, I am pretty sure that such act has a statute that is actionable through the courts. Bear in mind that such occupation has nothing to do with matters of football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

For all those supporting the DSS... Should remember there will be tomorrow.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Buhari personally intervenes in Nigerian football "hot mess"

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Africans are so predictable. We had the same mess in Kenya a few years ago. The officials were fighting for the FIFA manna from heaven. Let's hope Nigeria can learn from Kenya and restore their football to respectable levels ..and stop sending relatives to World Cup matches with one way tickets! :taunt: Any update on the strandees? in Russia?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Buhari personally intervenes in Nigerian football "hot m

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria had the same mess in 2006, and 2014. It is like dejavu.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

fabio wrote:For all those supporting the DSS... Should remember there will be tomorrow.
DSS removes Giwa: good job. :clap: :clap:

DSS blocks National Assembly: DSS bad :boo: :boo:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
fabio wrote:For all those supporting the DSS... Should remember there will be tomorrow.

Fagio prophesizes doom and it came to pass. :boo: :boo: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :mad: :boo: :boo: :twisted:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ahidjo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Where were our government lawyers when the matter was taken to court. They should just have produced Fifa documents showing that the court has no jurisdiction to entertain the suit.
They did. Festus Keyamo representing Pinnick, presented the letter to the Jos High court. It was shown on TV.
Keyamo represented him, no wonder.....
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:

Fagio prophesizes doom and it came to pass. :boo: :boo: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :mad: :boo: :boo: :twisted:
Fabio, you mean. I accept your sincerest apology for the honest mistake. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Time to organise some Almajiri(s) to pray for Pinnick.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:

Fabio, you mean. I accept your sincerest apology for the honest mistake. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Time to organise some Almajiri(s) to pray for Pinnick.

Murds, please monitor this Fagio's post. If any 72 year old adds "1" to the Almajiri, please take the appropriate action ....accidentally delete.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com

So this Giwa mugu has been showing up at the HQ everyday even though he knows Fifa will ban Nigeria if innicknis forced out. Hopefully, this is the end of this issue. Well done to Buhari on this one.
The source is "owngoal", but I hope the news is true. We don't want any wahala in the NFF and indeed in the country at all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chris Giwa and his boys kicked out by DSS on Buhari's or

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Security men forcefully evacuate Chris Giwa faction from NFF secretariat on Buhari's orders - See more at: https://goo.gl/ZD9omj

Common sense finally prevails but sports minister Solomon Dalong should have been sacked as part of this. He should have told the president that the high court does nor have the jurisdiction to intervene in Fifa matters and as such the Jos verdict should never have even been considered in the first place.
Chief Ayo, why are you - AGAIN - referring us to your Site (blog). Mods, please do something about Chief Ayo and his mess.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Breaking New...

Giwa takes over NFF...

Sauce: TV breaking news.

Thank God Daura was sacked. No more DSS involvement in our football.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fabio wrote:Breaking New...

Giwa takes over NFF...

And they have kicked his butt out of the place again i hear :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:

Giwa takes over NFF...

I swear this Giwa guy is a goat!
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:

Giwa takes over NFF...

I swear this Giwa guy is a goat!
A stubborn he goat, complete with the beards :mad:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho