Naby Keita - Just How Good is This Guy?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Naby Keita - Just How Good is This Guy?

Post by The YeyeMan »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:any update und die gegenpressenmaestro?

asking for a fraud

TFCO you must have an advanced degree in TROLLING :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unbelievable :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: between you and Zee, I can’t pick a winner when it comes to being an unrepentant heckler :lol: :lol:
Don't mind the guy, he's drawing your attention to Keita nobody can talk about Pastor Fred. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

asking for a fraud

Unbelievable :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: between you and Zee, I can’t pick a winner when it comes to being an unrepentant heckler :lol: :lol:
Don't mind the guy, he's drawing your attention to Keita nobody can talk about Pastor Fred. :lol:
The truth so far is that this guy has been overhyped too much before he has done for anything special for Liverpool. Only a person like Van Dyke deserves all the hype going on about him.
And that is not to say the guy is not a good player or won't do well, when he does do well consistently that is the time to give him the credit he deserves.

As for Fred, i don't think there has been any sort of hype about him, even his signing was low key.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

To be fair, any current verdict on Keita is absolutely premature...

The sages are saying he is underwhelming..yet there have been flashes of undoubted quality from Keita...

Last night, the manner Keita collected the ball from deep and with an arrogance (or nonchalance), wove through a thicket of 4 WHam players (even as he is not currently at his best form) is instructive...

We have witnessed such flashes of brilliance intermittently from him thus far...and they portend that the player who attracted a $60+M price still lurks inside him...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

FATHER TIKO wrote:To be fair, any current verdict on Keita is absolutely premature...

The sages are saying he is underwhelming..yet there have been flashes of undoubted quality from Keita...

Last night, the manner Keita collected the ball from deep and with an arrogance (or nonchalance), wove through a thicket of 4 WHam players (even as he is not currently at his best form) is instructive...

We have witnessed such flashes of brilliance intermittently from him thus far...and they portend that the player who attracted a $60+M price still lurks inside him...
At least this one is not getting as much criticism as Pogba got soon as he got to EPL, despite showing flashes of brilliance.

Sporadic Flashes of brilliance here and there will not save one from criticism, it happens to all.

And when he starts living up to the hype consistently, all the criticism will die naturally.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

asking for a fraud

The truth so far is that this guy has been overhyped too much before he has done for anything special for Liverpool. Only a person like Van Dyke deserves all the hype going on about him.
And that is not to say the guy is not a good player or won't do well, when he does do well consistently that is the time to give him the credit he deserves.

As for Fred, i don't think there has been any sort of hype about him, even his signing was low key.
Our Naby had 2 (or 3) threads opened for him before he even kicked a football
We should have known he was just a youtube star

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

asking for a fraud

:rotf: and they have to spend a lot of energy defending his performances so far in those 2/3 threads. Which says a lot.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

asking for a fraud

:rotf: and they have to spend a lot of energy defending his performances so far in those 2/3 threads. Which says a lot.
Dude the reason they open thread a lot about him is because he is from the mother land. :twisted:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

asking for a fraud

Dude the reason they open thread a lot about him is because he is from the mother land. :twisted:
Is he the only player from the motherland, or I have.missed similar threads about others
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
na so i see am o

"did you see that no look pass he made in the 35'

greatness right there"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
na so i see am o

"did you see that no look pass he made in the 35'

greatness right there"
Those "jagged edge passes", as the football oracle txj would say :rotf: :taunt:
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Seems to me that some folks are watching Naby Keita through tinted specs.

We badly need Oxlade-Chamberlain back so that we can restore our Wyljnaldum-Henderson-Milner-Oxalde midfield quartet. Right now, the Keita-Fabinho-Lallana-Shaquiri quartet are going to throw this EPL away. Naby Keita is so out of his depth, it is embarrassing. Dude struggles to complete passes and when he goes on his mazy dribbles, he fails to spot others that have made runs to put themselves into goalscoring positions. Dude is stinking up the joint in pretty basic stuff and causing the likes of Mane and Firminho to drop back and reduce our scoring threat.

Hopefully, Trent-Arnold comes back to free Milner for the midfield. Naby Keita is not it! :boo: :boo:

Klopp too is worried about Keita.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/j ... liverpool/
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Keita vs WH 2HF

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Arriving to considerable fanfare following a one-year delay in his move from RB Leipzig, Keita has struggled for consistency this campaign.

On the back of excellent form in Germany and some eye-catching displays in pre-season, this has come as a disappointment for supporters, though there remained cause for patience.

Andy Robertson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Fabinho were among those to take time to adjust to Klopp’s demands and find their feet at Anfield, and the belief was Keita would follow suit.

An excellent afternoon in the 3-0 victory over Bournemouth on Saturday hinted that he was getting closer to hitting his stride.

And speaking to reporters including the Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe after the game, Klopp explained why he was “one of the first on the teamsheet,” and that adaptation at Liverpool “always leads to a little drop.”

“Hendo maybe could have played. Adam could have played again,” he said.

“But it was clear that Naby was pretty much one of the first on the teamsheet but for different reasons: rhythm.

“We are really demanding. The boys have a lot to learn, if you want.

“It’s not that it’s constantly about that. It’s just that adapting to what we want always leads to a little drop.”

Finding that rhythm is certainly key for Keita, who is clearly something of a confidence player, and he picked it up after moving into a natural midfield role alongside Fabinho in the second half of the 1-1 draw with West Ham.

Klopp referenced this as he described the past week as a “really important” one for the No. 8, who only turned 24 on Sunday and cannot be expected to be flawless every game.

“It was a big step, this game. The second half against West Ham was a big step but nobody really realised it because nobody was happy with the game and nobody talked about this,” he continued.

“We will probably see a couple of bad halves from Naby in the future, that’s completely normal.

“But it was clear the whole week the second half was really important to him. The position was clearer and clearer.

“This was a really good game. There is still a lot to come because he is still adapting. Sometimes it takes longer, that’s how it is.

“People lose patience, that’s normal—but we don’t. This was obviously one of the best games he’s played.”

Klopp’s assertion that this development was by design is an interesting one, as Keita’s failings this season had often come due to being fielded out of position on the left flank.

In his high points against both the Hammers and Bournemouth—and, crucially, in the early weeks of the season—he was deployed as a central midfielder, which the manager detailed to the Liverpool Echo‘s Ian Doyle.

“To be honest we didn’t speak about it too much when he came in, because he was naturally in front of the centre-half he needed to perform from the first game,” he added.

“Naby, as a midfielder, has played in a half position or in a different position with two sixes, or on the wing. So, you have to talk and explain.

“For a boy, or a young boy, he made a big move from Leipzig to Liverpool; he wants to do it right.

“It looked natural. That’s exactly where we wanted it to come and where we wanted it to go. It was the big step he needed.”

After a difficult seven months, Klopp’s comments on Keita are hugely encouraging, and the manager now seems convinced he can rely on the Guinean in midfield.

Interestingly, he has done so in both a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3, and with Fabinho likely required in defence in the upcoming Champions League clash with Bayern Munich, Keita could see himself start in the former on February 19.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/j ... e-to-come/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

There are those who know what's going on and there are those who scurry around on Twitter.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:There are those who know what's going on and there are those who scurry around on Twitter.
please tell us twitter-ties what's going on with the $50MM player who has as many assists as Emerson and Phil Jones

thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:There are those who know what's going on and there are those who scurry around on Twitter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:

he must spend a lot of time searching twitter too, he finds the most obscure people, with 5 followers, to copy and paste their tweets.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:

:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
please tell us twitter-ties what's going on with the $50MM player who has as many assists as Emerson and Phil Jones

thank you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dude said "those who know what is going on..." :lol: sure, from your couch :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:

thank you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dude said "those who know what is going on..." :lol: sure, from your couch :rotf: :rotf:
Yes, from my couch and at the stadium where I watch games. Where are you watching games? Through your backside? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

marutimon wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Michael Essien type player.
No. Much better dribble and more complete passing range.
It must take a real hater to say this average player does anything better than Essien. What kind of complete passing and dribble are you talking about ? In his prime Essien was arguably the best midfielder in the world. Getting Ballon d’or nomination and winning multiple personal accolades. Is this guy even a world class player? Where are his achievements so far ? Where does he rank among his peers in that position.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:

thank you
Yes, from my couch and at the stadium where I watch games. Where are you watching games? Through your backside? :lol:
twitter told me OUR Naby has 1 assist

what did the stadium where you watch games tell you?

thanks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S