Where is Rohr?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Where is Rohr?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He don pick race enter siddon look mode since the wc . No comments yet on Salisu, Nff wahala, player movements or nothing. The man has obviously scouted us very well before he took the job. He has his contract signed and registered, ready to be enforced as soon as Niaja factor enter.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Where is Rohr?

Post by pajimoh »

Having a rohring good time with our money
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

The coach is in limbo right now while the internal wrangling happens at the NFF. Can't do anything until the dust is settled. Is he even still being paid?

It's not his job to comment on the NFF issue. Remember, whoever wins the battle will be his boss, although I doubt the Giwa faction would retain him. It would be stupid to comment on the internal politics of the NFF or say anything about any matter until the dust has settled.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

pajimoh wrote:Having a rohring good time with our money
He is enjoying your money in the Caribbean Island.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chop and let chop. Naija Dollar good.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Orion wrote:The coach is in limbo right now while the internal wrangling happens at the NFF. Can't do anything until the dust is settled. Is he even still being paid?

It's not his job to comment on the NFF issue. Remember, whoever wins the battle will be his boss, although I doubt the Giwa faction would retain him. It would be stupid to comment on the internal politics of the NFF or say anything about any matter until the dust has settled.
If Giwa will kick Rohr to the curb, I say let's start a "Giwa for NFF President" campaign.You guys don't seem to realize the importance of getting rid of Rohr. He has nothing else to offer us. Watch him invite his loyal and faithful family players when the AFCON qualifiers start. This is our record for 2018 under Rohr:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals For - 6 (2 penalties by Vic Moses and a brace by Musa. Goals dearth.)

Goals Against - 10 !
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Obong wrote:
Orion wrote:The coach is in limbo right now while the internal wrangling happens at the NFF. Can't do anything until the dust is settled. Is he even still being paid?

If Giwa will kick Rohr to the curb, I say let's start a "Giwa for NFF President" campaign.You guys don't seem to realize the importance of getting rid of Rohr. He has nothing else to offer us. Watch him invite his loyal and faithful family players when the AFCON qualifiers start. This is our record for 2018 under Rohr:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
Excellent record :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
Can you help us find out what happened to th $100m aircraft maintenance facility in Akwa Ibom?
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
Definitely I agree with you wholeheartedly . If continuity of Pinnick means continuity of Rohr, Pinnick should be axed with immediate effect. Rohr has nothing to offer nothing zip to give us . The fool has reached his peak unfortunately his best is absolutely below par. Nigerian job is far beyond his league . He should go back to minnows like Uganda , Gambia, Kenya and Equatarial Guenia .
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !

Selective statistics. Please post Rohr’s record of all the games in which he has been in charge.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

wanaj0 wrote:
Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
Excellent record :taunt:
Of course with you it surely an excellent record. Nobody in this forum is surprise the response emanating from you. Your record speak volumes. Below mediocre performance has always been your goal in all facets of life.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
He qualified us for the WC with a game to go, from the hardest group in Africa, and without losing a game. The next mission (AFCON) is against similar teams in Africa so as far as I'm concerned he has proven that he's up to the task.

I know you're still very bitter he left out your Enyeama. He did the right thing for Nigeria and for football. Get over it!
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

My perception of Rohr is divided, one part of me wants him gone cause he's just too rigid, conservative, and one dimensional... While the other half wants him to stay, cause let's admit it... We've looked pretty united as a TEAM and organized under him, at least moreso under Rohr than I've ever seen or known the SE to be in recent years, which is quite an improvement in itself. I reckon what we need now is a young coach(hopefully someone like Finidi or any of our local coaches with some coaching good records/credentials) and has an attacking football philosophy to assist Rohr with the team, otherwise give Rohr the severance letter and settle his payments so he can move on, then give someone like Finidi the job with enough support to continue building the team ahead of the next world cup.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Orion wrote: He qualified us for the WC with a game to go, from the hardest group in Africa, and without losing a game. The next mission (AFCON) is against similar teams in Africa so as far as I'm concerned he has proven that he's up to the task.

I know you're still very bitter he left out your Enyeama. He did the right thing for Nigeria and for football. Get over it!
Qualified us for the WC is not an achievement anymore... Without losing a game (i believe we have achieved that record before).

Has Pinnick so lowered the standards and expectations of Nigeria's football?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That was our best qualifiers ever.

The problem with Rohr was then to approach the WC so conservatively, and also to be disingenuous about the role that fringe players had to play.

Rohr should stay, but he is on probation. One more slip up and he should be out. I don't agree with firing him, but he is on a tight rope.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote:
Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
He qualified us for the WC with a game to go, from the hardest group in Africa, and without losing a game. The next mission (AFCON) is against similar teams in Africa so as far as I'm concerned he has proven that he's up to the task.

So he cannot have a negative opinion of Rohr because Enyeama was not included? He has given his reasons. Maybe you should debate him on those reasons. I want Rohr to stay but I can't expect everyone to be thrilled about his performance this year.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote:
Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !

I am actually very surprised at Obong's sudden carpet crossing and I'd like to believe it has nothing to do with the Enyeama situation but strictly about the disappointment of the WC - in which case we have to recognise the hard truth that we came up against more accomplished teams.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tbite wrote:That was our best qualifiers ever.

The problem with Rohr was then to approach the WC so conservatively, and also to be disingenuous about the role that fringe players had to play.

Rohr should stay, but he is on probation. One more slip up and he should be out. I don't agree with firing him, but he is on a tight rope.
When you started following Nigerian football... Not historical fact.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

fabio wrote:
Tbite wrote:That was our best qualifiers ever.

When you started following Nigerian football... Not historical fact.
Historical fact.

Better than Troussiers. IMO
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tbite wrote: Historical fact.

Don't know what parameters used:

France '98. Nigeria was the first country to qualify for the WC with one game to spare.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

fabio wrote:

France '98. Nigeria was the first country to qualify for the WC with one game to spare.
Well Troussier's team lost a game on the field , Rohr's team lost a game in the board room
Both were impressive, but Troussier's team (under Bora) had better WC performance
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Obong wrote:

NIGERIA

Played - 8

Won - 2

Drew - 1

Lost- 5

Goals Against - 10 !
That's not complete Statistics surely
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

akamoke wrote:
fabio wrote:

Well Troussier's team lost a game on the field , Rohr's team lost a game in the board room
Both were impressive, but Troussier's team (under Bora) had better WC performance
The opposition we faced in these qualifiers was something else, it was no cake walk like Kabelaga would have some believe.

We made stern sides look easy, but it was no easy feat. No matter what happens with Rohr, I will always consider that qualification series as one of the most decisive and difficult tests in our history.

The WC is the WC, the WCQ is the WCQ, and this WCQ was my favourite.