The Real Isaac Success is BACK!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: The Real Isaac Success is BACK!

Post by oscar52 »

john12 wrote:He didn’t just qualified us for the World Cup, he actually put in a decent performance at the World Cup and lost to 2 better teams. This 2018 team was our best since 1994 they’re even better than 1998 team. DANFO DRIVER abeg where are you???? Apaniko do the needful
You make outlandish claims sha. You are aware the 98 team had the following: Yekini, Amokachi, Adepoju, Oliseh, Finidi, Kanu, Iroha, Okocha, Oruma, Ikpepa, Taribo, Rufai etc. Na wa o. If not for the keeper situation and some guys carrying some knocks that team was set up to win the whole thing not this 2018 go to the world cup to learn amateur crap. This 2018 set is the most amateurish display ever by a Naija squad, even the 2002 set were better. I mean guys like Idowu, Balogun, Ndidi, Ighalo, Shehu, etc. If our football was healthy they should not be making the squad. Taking a 19 yr old div 3 keeper to the world cup alone says alot about the coach and the squad he puts together. Nigeria's game at the just concluded worldcup were the only game I recall that the commentators were discussing other things/teams at halftime and not the game being played. In all three of their game they showed up at the second half of the Iceland game only and the rest they were a no show. Mschew.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote:
john12 wrote:He didn’t just qualified us for the World Cup, he actually put in a decent performance at the World Cup and lost to 2 better teams. This 2018 team was our best since 1994 they’re even better than 1998 team. DANFO DRIVER abeg where are you???? Apaniko do the needful
You make outlandish claims sha. You are aware the 98 team had the following: Yekini, Amokachi, Adepoju, Oliseh, Finidi, Kanu, Iroha, Okocha, Oruma, Ikpepa, Taribo, Rufai etc. Na wa o. If not for the keeper situation and some guys carrying some knocks that team was set up to win the whole thing not this 2018 go to the world cup to learn amateur crap. This 2018 set is the most amateurish display ever by a Naija squad, even the 2002 set were better. I mean guys like Idowu, Balogun, Ndidi, Ighalo, Shehu, etc. If our football was healthy they should not be making the squad. Taking a 19 yr old div 3 keeper to the world cup alone says alot about the coach and the squad he puts together. Nigeria's game at the just concluded worldcup were the only game I recall that the commentators were discussing other things/teams at halftime and not the game being played. In all three of their game they showed up at the second half of the Iceland game only and the rest they were a no show. Mschew.
Can you imagine any of those teams having basically zero shots on target like we did vs Croatia, and someone comes to tell you that is Nigeria’s second best performance at the World Cup? We might as well just stop going...never have we been this toothless...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Can you imagine any of those teams having basically zero shots on target like we did vs Croatia, and someone comes to tell you that is Nigeria’s second best performance at the World Cup? We might as well just stop going...never have we been this toothless...
Can you believe that's not true? Nigeria had two shots on target vs Croatia. And guess what? So did Croatia.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Maceo4, appalling as that is, it might help if we got an unbiased comparison with the SE teams we hold up as our gold standard.

How many shots on target for instance did we achieve vs Paraguay, or vs Denmark in '98?
How many vs Italy in '94?
The results might surprise us. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Maceo4, appalling as that is, it might help if we got an unbiased comparison with the SE teams we hold up as our gold standard.

How many shots on target for instance did we achieve vs Paraguay, or vs Denmark in '98?
For the last time: Nigeria had 2 shots on goal vs Croatia. Not zero. And Croatia actually also had two shots on goal.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Lol ......Success listened to the rap song by Roy Jones Jr where he boasted about having six women in the bed at the same time lol .......and tried act out what Roy Jones claimed he did........... The big question is can this bobo live down his off the field experience?????
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

Why do you keep talking about Paraguay? I don't get it, we played our 2nd team against them as we had already qualified. Wouldn't we all be celebrating if we lost to Croatia but qualified for the next round? And the Denmark game at least that team made it to the second round, this team couldn't, so you can't tell any logical person that this team is better, it just isn't true.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Schillachi wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Let's hope he doesn't get back on the Bailey's and embarrass himself in front of ashis.
I don't understand why a grown man will be drinking Baileys sef. No wonder he couldn't rise up to the occasion :lol:
He wanted something sweet but he wasn't used to harder stuff, it was sad they made more fun of him for drinking it than his performance. :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't know how anyone can say the 1998 team was the best with half of the players on their last leg and a washed up Rufai in goal. If the 1994 team (on form) has the fixture the 98 team had, they would have gone past Denmark! Denmark studied the grandpas we paraded and decided to up the pace of the game....that was all they needed to do to beat the 1998 team...just up the pace and go at the team like a tornado....it was over in 20 minutes. So much for the best team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go and watch the goals we conceded against Spain and Paraguay, you just know that this was a team waiting to be beaten silly! Something which the Danes put to good use when we came against them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:I don't know how anyone can say the 1998 team was the best with half of the players on their last leg and a washed up Rufai in goal. If the 1994 team (on form) has the fixture the 98 team had, they would have gone past Denmark! Denmark studied the grandpas we paraded and decided to up the pace of the game....that was all they needed to do to beat the 1998 team...just up the pace and go at the team like a tornado....it was over in 20 minutes. So much for the best team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go and watch the goals we conceded against Spain and Paraguay, you just know that this was a team waiting to be beaten silly! Something which the Danes put to good use when we came against them.
The discussion is not whether 98 was the best, but rather a comparison with the 2018 team. IMO they achieved more and so are the better team, everything else is just subjective analysis.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:I don't know how anyone can say the 1998 team was the best with half of the players on their last leg and a washed up Rufai in goal. If the 1994 team (on form) has the fixture the 98 team had, they would have gone past Denmark! Denmark studied the grandpas we paraded and decided to up the pace of the game....that was all they needed to do to beat the 1998 team...just up the pace and go at the team like a tornado....it was over in 20 minutes. So much for the best team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The discussion is not whether 98 was the best, but rather a comparison with the 2018 team. IMO they achieved more and so are the better team, everything else is just subjective analysis.
ANC wrote:1998 is by far the the best team Nigeria has ever produced, with exception of an out-of-form Rufai, I dare you to list a better team. What killed 98 was just politics and ego. I watched 94 live and 96 (essentially 98) live, there is no comparison. 94 was just a surprise to the world,
This is what i responded to , sometimes i think you folks need to understand the context of a post before making crude remarks! To think i even compared the 94 and 98 team! It would be foolish to compare 2018 with 1998 team, even though there many ways you can compare two teams. Everyone agreed the 1982 Brasil remains the best team that never won the cup..apparently there were other aspect of the team being analysed. But when i made my post i was responding to the claim by ANC.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

Why do you keep talking about Paraguay? I don't get it, we played our 2nd team against them as we had already qualified. Wouldn't we all be celebrating if we lost to Croatia but qualified for the next round? And the Denmark game at least that team made it to the second round, this team couldn't, so you can't tell any logical person that this team is better, it just isn't true.
I'm just asking for a little objectivity on both sides.
And I don't 'keep talking about Paraguay'. I've mentioned them twice, possibly three times max since the WC.
And calling our team that played Paraguay 'our second team' is misleading. It was essentially the first team with a few minor adjustments. Apart from JJ and Amokachi, all the key players played. That's hardly a 'second team'.
As for Denmark, like I said, our performance was a total disgrace.

Anyway, whichever way you look at it, the comparison is far too subjective.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

And I don't 'keep talking about Paraguay'. I've mentioned them twice, possibly three times max since the WC.
And calling our team that played Paraguay 'our second team' is misleading. It was essentially the first team with a few minor adjustments. Apart from JJ and Amokachi, all the key players played. That's hardly a 'second team'.

The comparison is too subjective.
Thats not true, the changes were Eguavoen, Iroha, Yekini, Oruma, Tijanni Babangida, Godwin Okpara, Uche Okafor, and Kanu. There's no way any objective person wouldn't see that this is a second team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Just because a team had group of talented players at its disposal dosent mean that they’re good. Individually, 1998 team was very talented but collectively They were bad. Thier ordeal started from friendlies losing to Netherlands 5-1 Yugoslavia 3-0 and Germany 1-0 to their credit, they rejuvenated themselves and beat Spain and Bulgaria but weakness resurfaced itself. Overall individually, they’re more talented than 2018 team but as a team, 2018 was better
Last edited by john12 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Our World Cup team ranking in my opinion
1) 1994
2) 2018
3) 1998
4) 2014
5) 2002
6) 2010

2010 was the worse ever naija team contesting at the WC
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Just because a team had group of talented players at its disposal dosent mean that they’re good. Individually, 1998 team was very talented but collectively They were bad. Thier ordeal started from friendlies losing to Netherlands 5-1 Yugoslavia 3-0 and Germany 1-0 to their credit, they rejuvenated themselves and beat Spain and Bulgaria but weakness came back to haunt them. Overall individually, they’re more talented than 2018 team but as a team, 2018 was better
They progressed farther than 2018 as a team, so sorry buddy you will lose this argument every time, they are better AS A TEAM. TEAMS are judged by their results period!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:Just because a team had group of talented players at its disposal dosent mean that they’re good. Individually, 1998 team was very talented but collectively They were bad. Thier ordeal started from friendlies losing to Netherlands 5-1 Yugoslavia 3-0 and Germany 1-0 to their credit, they rejuvenated themselves and beat Spain and Bulgaria but weakness resurfaced itself. Overall individually, they’re more talented than 2018 team but as a team, 2018 was better
I don't know what stats you use...

You scored F9 and Your cousin scored C5 in WAEC.

Suddenly, you are better than your cousin.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Hmmm Article by Micheal James.

Does any other reputable site have these quotes?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I am begining to believe this John12 guy is strongly affiliated to Rohr. He could be his PR manager or something. Some of his statements on Rohr are just too suspicious!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

john12 wrote:Our World Cup team ranking in my opinion
1) 1994
2) 2018
3) 1998
4) 2014
5) 2002
6) 2010

2010 was the worse ever naija team contesting at the WC

I. 1994
2. 2014 fighting spirit, 2nd round exit. If not for ojoro. We would have beaten France.
3. 1998
4. 2002. Played against England, Argentina and Sweden. Goaless draw against England. That team fought unlike the 2018 Cowards.
5. 2010. Showed fighting spirit.
6. 2018.

In that order.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

The comparison is too subjective.
Thats not true, the changes were Eguavoen, Iroha, Yekini, Oruma, Tijanni Babangida, Godwin Okpara, Uche Okafor, and Kanu. There's no way any objective person wouldn't see that this is a second team.
Let's just agree to disagree on your definition of 'second team'

LINE-UP v PARAGUAY: (1-3)
RUFAI, EGUAVON, IROHA, WEST, UCHE, OLISEH (G. OKPARA), ORUMA (G FINIDI), LAWAL, BABANGIDA, YEKINI, KANU

LINE-UP v DENMARK: (1-4)
RUFAI, BABAYARO, ADEPOJU, WEST, UCHE, OLISEH, G FINIDI, JJ OKOCHA, KANU (R YEKINI), IKPEBA, LAWAL (T BABANGIDA),
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:

RUFAI, EGUAVON, IROHA, WEST, UCHE, OLISEH (G. OKPARA), ORUMA (G FINIDI), LAWAL, BABANGIDA, YEKINI, KANU

RUFAI, BABAYARO, ADEPOJU, WEST, UCHE, OLISEH, G FINIDI, JJ OKOCHA, KANU (R YEKINI), IKPEBA, LAWAL (T BABANGIDA),
How can we agree to disagree when you are just wrong and even post something that proves you were wrong. You said only change was Amokachi and JJ, but what you just posted shows a change of 5 of 11 starters from Paraguay to Denmark. But funny enough you didn't show the Bulgaria/Spain game to Paraguay which was 7 out of 11 starting changes....we emptied our bench in the Paraguay game, its quite clear you just don't want to admit you were wrong, but its all good...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

How can we agree to disagree when you are just wrong and even post something that proves you were wrong. You said only change was Amokachi and JJ, but what you just posted shows a change of 5 of 11 starters from Paraguay to Denmark. But funny enough you didn't show the Bulgaria/Spain game to Paraguay which was 7 out of 11 starting changes....we emptied our bench in the Paraguay game, its quite clear you just don't want to admit you were wrong, but its all good...
Also the Paraguay game was dead rubber for us.