EFE AMBROSE NEEDS TO BE RECONSIDERED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EFE AMBROSE NEEDS TO BE RECONSIDERED

Post by vancity eagle »

Obong wrote:
mystic wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The last time I watched Efe play was at Celtic. Didn't play well and was benched. He will be 33 in 2022. We need to drop any player that is about to hit 30 that is not a world class player.

He was in very good form last season and appears to be on the same path heading into the current season. Also, while the emphasis should be on bringing younger players into the fold, the criteria for national team selection remains a players' form and quality. As long as Efe meets that standard, that's the most important thing. Mind you, it's not as if we have a glut of promising young Centrebacks coming through the ranks.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
National team invitation should be by elimination by substitution and merit. The team itself should be composed of a good balance of experience and youth. Heading mindlessly in one direction is a recipe for failure. Those saying Efe will be 33 in 2002 should get ready to similarly eliminate Victor Moses, his team-mate at the 2013 AFCON and 2014 World Cup simply because he'll be 31 in 2022!

the difference in class between Ambrose and Moses are completely different.

One plays for Chelsea, and the other in SCOTLAND.

The only players in their 30's need to be very high class players.

Mikel and Victor Moses, maybe Balogun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Obong wrote:
mystic wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The last time I watched Efe play was at Celtic. Didn't play well and was benched. He will be 33 in 2022. We need to drop any player that is about to hit 30 that is not a world class player.

He was in very good form last season and appears to be on the same path heading into the current season. Also, while the emphasis should be on bringing younger players into the fold, the criteria for national team selection remains a players' form and quality. As long as Efe meets that standard, that's the most important thing. Mind you, it's not as if we have a glut of promising young Centrebacks coming through the ranks.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
National team invitation should be by elimination by substitution and merit. The team itself should be composed of a good balance of experience and youth. Heading mindlessly in one direction is a recipe for failure. Those saying Efe will be 33 in 2002 should get ready to similarly eliminate Victor Moses, his team-mate at the 2013 AFCON and 2014 World Cup simply because he'll be 31 in 2022!

the difference in class between Ambrose and Moses are completely different.

One plays for Chelsea, and the other in SCOTLAND.

The only players in their 30's need to be very high class players.

Mikel and Victor Moses, maybe Balogun.
Exactly only exceptional players that are starters at 29 or above should be considered. If we have a younger alternative that is equally or better. We should go with the younger guy. We have to learn how to plan for now and for the future.

Ambrose has had his chance with the National team. Time for some one else to take over. Makes absolutely no sense to invite an aging full back or center back at the expense of a younger player that is equally as good or even better.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

how is he too old ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

juventuss wrote:how is he too old ?
Don’t hold your breadth waiting for an answer because no reasonable answer fits the narrative of Ambrose detractors. Notice how they’ve generally ignored comments about other World Cup teams that brought much older players than Ambrose and Echiejile and were considerably more successful than Nigeria. They are so entrenched in their arrogance that they don’t want to listen to common sense logic. However you choose to paint it, there’s no substitute for experience. Argentina, especially after a series of humiliating friendlies, could have easily concluded that Messi and the old guard no longer had the legs to win a World Cup and sent a more youthful team to represent them but that would have guaranteed that they go out in the first round. The difference between Argentina and Nigeria is that Argentina does not tolerate failure. Nigeria always finds a way to justify it :!: :!: :!:

On a related note, Ambrose has a combination of pace and good ball control which is why a natural central defender can play the right fullback position so well. Now, Omeruo is a very good defender and I’m not trying to knock him in any way at all but we all saw how Messi left him in the dust. I dare say that because of his superior pace and experience, Ambrose might have had a better chance of stopping Messi on that run :!:

Cheers.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
juventuss wrote:how is he too old ?
Don’t hold your breadth waiting for an answer because no reasonable answer fits the narrative of Ambrose detractors. Notice how they’ve generally ignored comments about other World Cup teams that brought much older players than Ambrose and Echiejile and were considerably more successful than Nigeria. They are so entrenched in their arrogance that they don’t want to listen to common sense logic. However you choose to paint it, there’s no substitute for experience. Argentina, especially after a series of humiliating friendlies, could have easily concluded that Messi and the old guard no longer had the legs to win a World Cup and sent a more youthful team to represent them but that would have guaranteed that they go out in the first round. The difference between Argentina and Nigeria is that Argentina does not tolerate failure. Nigeria always finds a way to justify it :!: :!: :!:

On a related note, Ambrose has a combination of pace and good ball control which is why a natural central defender can play the right fullback position so well. Now, Omeruo is a very good defender and I’m not trying to knock him in any way at all but we all saw how Messi left him in the dust. I dare say that because of his superior pace and experience, Ambrose might have had a better chance of stopping Messi on that run :!:

Cheers.

Ambrose doesn't need to be reconsidered because HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He wouldn't have stopped the goal against Messi and making such speculation is hilarious. He hasn't been good enough for the past 4 years. We need to move on and he hasn't been in the system. As much as I don't like everything Rohr is doing, we are going in the right direction with our team.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What a forum. First you claim he is too old and you’re presented with overwhelming evidence of your ignorance. Then you do an about-turn and assert without an iota of evidence that he’s just not good enough. Nigeria we hail thee :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Na wa oh .... we really do have all types of Nigerians ..... that would justify armed robbers, fraudsters, fraudulent pastors and thieving politicians and now rubbish footballers.

Efe Ambrose at his best could not defend against the likes of Ethiopia or Guinea. At his best while playing for Celtic was humiliated against Barcelona losing 6-1 in the champions league. The only experience this bobo would bring is how to concede mutiple goals. Efe Ambrose was and is a total football liability other wise referred to as Waste-pipe. I don’t think any amount of money would secure a place in the current squad for this complete and totally wastepipe. This bobo has the same stupid look on his face as Akpeyi when playing for 9ja, it’s the look of fear and no we don’t want him in the squad.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Efe Ambrose ko, Efe Sodje ni :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Chei! Is this how desperate we are? Looking for 30-something year olds who play with Hiberbnian? Even Ghana do not have to get search that desperately to find players to feature for the Black Stars.

I do not even know whty we are haing this discussion self as the centreback area is well covered with Ekong, Awaziem, Omeruo and Balogun. What we need now are youngsters to gradually take over from them.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Chei! Is this how desperate we are? Looking for 30-something year olds who play with Hiberbnian? Even Ghana do not have to get search that desperately to find players to feature for the Black Stars.

I do not even know whty we are haing this discussion self as the centreback area is well covered with Ekong, Awaziem, Omeruo and Balogun. What we need now are youngsters to gradually take over from them.
When Ayo is making more sense than you, you know your argument dey one kind. We are well covered in his position so he’s low on the depth chart, but if we have unfortunate injuries I’m sure he’d be ready to step in and deputize.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I like Efe, but I agree with others. Don't think Efe has a long term future with the SE. He can be useful addition though if we run into an injury crisis.
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Chei! Is this how desperate we are? Looking for 30-something year olds who play with Hiberbnian? Even Ghana do not have to get search that desperately to find players to feature for the Black Stars.

When Ayo is making more sense than you, you know your argument dey one kind. We are well covered in his position so he’s low on the depth chart, but if we have unfortunate injuries I’m sure he’d be ready to step in and deputize.