MY FINAL ANALYSIS OF OUR 2018 WORLD CUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
MY FINAL ANALYSIS OF OUR 2018 WORLD CUP

Post by JACKAL »

I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT I TOLD YOU SO

IGHALO: Tricked out Pony
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268999&hilit=Ighalo
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=267765&hilit=Ighalo

BILLION DOLLAR EAGLES: Jerseys Sold out after 3 Million pre-orders

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=247593&hilit=Billion#p4165487

JOURNEYMAN RORH
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=275251&hilit=Ighalo
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274150&hilit=Rohr

OLISEH'S IMPLOSION – Just for good measure
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277396&hilit=countdown

WE ARE NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME YET:

After 24 years of playing Argentina, we are yet to beat them in a competitive game. All the stats largely remain the same after 24 years of playing them: The possession time, shots on goal, completed passes, the Score line, all largely remain the same.

This is a problem of everything: Inadequate player development, lack of quality coaching at all levels of the game, Lack of national playing philosophy, footballing administration etc.

Here are some obvious major areas our football is still completely lacking:

1. Passing: We have no real passing schemes. This is why our possession time sucks against quality teams.
2. Set Pieces: The teams that paid serious attention to them all advanced in the world cup.
3. Kickoff: If you immediately boot the ball to the opponent at kick off, you are telling the other team you are not a confident team.
4. Game Management: There was still a possible 10 minutes on the clock after Argentina scored their 2nd goal. We had enough time to mount a slow but well organized attack before the end of the game. Instead, we had nothing because the team had never practiced those critical scenarios before…they simply booted the ball upfront and gave it back to the opponent who kept the ball and ran out the clock.
5. Pressing the Ball: We would be a great offensive pressing team if somebody would just teach our teams from youth football how to implement it offensively and defend against it.
6. Goal Keeping: A 19 year old who has barely played any senior league football is our starting goal keeper at the world cup??? Clearly, we have a critical need for good goalkeepers. The amazing thing is that this has been a problem for 40 years and no one has declared a policy plan to address this problem.

WE HAVE A COACHING PROBLEM:

I can’t believe Rohr gets to keep his job. This guy is not a good coach, I don’t care what anyone tells you. If Keshi had this much talent during his tenure we would have been in the Semi Finals. There were at least 16 really good players on that team. There is no excuse for the poor results. And if we are going to be appointing foreign coaches, the Youth level is where they are needed the most, not at the senior level when it’s too late to change their bad habits.

OUR PLAY LACKS AESTHETICS:

Every few years I introduce a word into the CE lexicon: Swagger, Ajebutter, schadenfreude, as examples

Today the watch word is “Aesthetics”.

We are still largely a scrappy team and that bothers me. I use the game vs. Tahiti in the confederations cup as an exhibit of our lack of Aesthetics. This opponent was a very weak team however we still managed to play a largely error filled game with them. Most of the 6 goals we scored was not a result of some carefully crafted or planned plays; it was just based on the sheer strength of our player backed by a rather weak coaching regime. Then watch Tahiti play Uruguay and Spain and you see clear concise game plans unfolded by those teams with precision passing, movement and leaving the end result never in doubt

HOW COME WE HAVE NEVER HAD A WORLD CLASS PLAYER?

Well I have theory on this: Do you want hear it ?

Well, here it goes: Nigerian culture does not encourage or permit it and seeks to destroy it if it rears its ugly head.

We cane or beat our youth physically at home and in school, we teach them to be obedient at all costs, tell them to prostrate, bow, and kneel to greet elders. You can’t talk back to elders and we value age over talent.

We value and reward virtues like being humble, quiet, obedient, compliant, acquiescent tractable , amenable, deferential , respectful, governable, conformable, docile, submissive, meek, passive, unresisting, malleable, pliable, pliant, yielding, subservient, servile.

While in other cultures they teach their children to be: Proud, Assertive, and Strong –willed, high self esteemed, confident, demanding, self-assured, forceful, decisive, emphatic, and aggressive at a young age.

Let me ask you all a question: Which culture is more likely to develop leaders, world beaters and world champions ??

You decide!!

THREE SIMPLE POLICY IMPROVEMENTS THAT COULD HELP THE NIGERIAN GAME

1. CREATE NEW COACHING POSITIONS

A. “SET PIECES COACH”
The NFF must require every team at all Levels of the game to designate or appoint one of its assistant coaches as the “Set Pieces Coach”. A Coach that picks the team talent, develops them, designs plays to execute offensive and defensive set pieces situations. The NFF must support these coaches with yearly clinics and refresher courses to help develop them. They must also have weekly, monthly and yearly reviews, awards and recognition for the best players and coaches who demonstrate the greatest aptitude This will put emphasis on the importance of Set pieces in the game. This will no doubt help develop not only world class coaching talent but also players who can consistently execute on set pieces..

B. “TACTICAL REFEREEING COACH” (TRC)
The ideal person for this job should be a FIFA graded referee. This person would be most useful in national club sides and national teams where good or bad referring decision can decide championships.

This coaches job will be to sit on the bench with the other coaches and teach Players and Coaches the rules of the game and how to use it to their advantage: How to commit fouls without drawing a yellow or red cards, How to complain to influence the referee to influence his decisions, how to appeal awarded red or yellow cards during and after the game to the football association, Studying game appointed refs and understanding their referring style before games.

Wouldn’t it have been nice to have such a person on our bench in the last world cup game vs. Argentina? This is a game we could have won if we knew how to complain effectively to influence the Referee about all the major and minor fouls and infringements committed by Argentina.

We should have been awarded 3 penalties and Argentina should have 2 players sent off in that game. Rojas should have been sent off for his foul on Iheanacho instead he goes on to score the game winning goal.

The biggest infringement committed during the game that no one is talking about is the fact that in the last 25 minutes of the game Macherano was bleeding profusely from a cut eyebrow with his blood dripping down his cheek onto his Uniform. A TRC would have pointed out to ROHR that the rules of the game demand that such a player should be removed from the game until the cut is stopped, cleaned up and uniform changed. That would not only have kept Argentina’s 2nd most influential player out for at least 10 minutes, reduced them to 10 men, disrupted the balance of their game and given us a tactical advantage towards the end of the game.

2. CREATE A NATIONAL GOAL KEEPING ACADEMY AND APPOINT A DIRECTOR

Clearly we have a goal keeping problem. We should address it with Policy and programs that targets finding the right players a young age and bringing them to a national academy that specializes in developing the players and coaches.

3. TAKE SOME CONTROL OF THE PRIVATE ACADEMIES

Use a Stick and Carrot approach to control all the Nigerian Academies. The formative stages of a player’s education will make or break players. Nigerian coaches put too much emphasis on just fitness, speed and size and this is because most of them do not have a coaching certification. The NFF must support these academies with Money and opportunity. They need to require all proprietors attend a free 3 month coaching class so they are not miseducating a young impressionable mind.

2022 WORLD CUP - HERE IS MY LIST OF THE NEXT CROP PERFORMERS FOR EAGLES

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Ndidi - I expect him to be the next Eagles captain. I like his footballing self esteem.
Ebuehi – He is going to be huge going forward
ETEBO- is going places
Success: I still believe he will come through for us.
Oyerekwu: Promising but… has a lot to prove
Alex Iwobi: He is about to break out as a top performer

FUTURE TOP PERFORMERS:

Sadiq Umar – He should have been on the current squad. I don’t understand why he was overlooked.
Samuel Chukwueze I am expecting huge things from him.
Dennis Bonaventure – He is definitely a star in the making.
Awoniyi- I am looking forward to him joining the eagles
Paul Ouchi: I am not convinced of his talent yet
Kelechi Nwakali – Another Ajebutter in the making

THEY STILL HAVE A LOT OF PROVE

Uzoho: I am not convinced of his talent yet
Nacho: I am not convinced of his talent yet: You can’t be a world class player and be overweight, play with only one leg and don’t have a good first touch
Moses Simon: I have never been convinced of his talent
IMOH Ezekiel: He needs to be given a chance. He has something to offer.

Last edited by JACKAL on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: MY FINAL ANALYSIS OF OUR 2018 WORLD CUP

Post by john12 »

Story story story. At the end of the day, we matched Argentina toe to toe and was let down by partial referee and QUALITY. They took their chances while we didn’t and we’re supported by the referee. Like I have said numerous times, if SE wants to perform exceptionally at wc we need our players at WORLD CLASS teams backed by WORLD CLASS players, impartial referees and GOODLUCK. Developing your league will be fine but it isn’t beneficial to Win WC. Anything contrary and you’re WASTING your time. All these players you mentioned Samuel, Sadiq, Paul, Awoniyi wouldn’t make any difference they’re still at BACKWATER leagues. My problem is with agents, managers and big clubs for not giving SE players chances at the best team
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Welcome back chief
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:

JOURNEYMAN RORH

WE ARE NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME YET:

After 24 years of playing Argentina, we are yet to beat them in a competitive game. All the stats largely remain the same after 24 years of playing them: The possession time, shots on goal, completed passes, the Score line, all largely remain the same.

This is a problem of everything: Inadequate player development, lack of quality coaching at all levels of the game, Lack of national playing philosophy, footballing administration etc.

Here are some obvious major areas our football is still completely lacking:

1. Passing: We have no real passing schemes. This is why our possession time sucks against quality teams.
2. Set Pieces: The teams that paid serious attention to them all advanced in the world cup.
3. Kickoff: If you immediately boot the ball to the opponent at kick off, you are telling the other team you are not a confident team.
4. Game Management: There was still a possible 10 minutes on the clock after Argentina scored their 2nd goal. We had enough time to mount a slow but well organized attack before the end of the game. Instead, we had nothing because the team had never practiced those critical scenarios before…they simply booted the ball upfront and gave it back to the opponent who kept the ball and ran out the clock.
5. Pressing the Ball: We would be a great offensive pressing team if somebody would just teach our teams from youth football how to implement it offensively and defend against it.
6. Goal Keeping: A 19 year old who has barely played any senior league football is our starting goal keeper at the world cup??? Clearly, we have a critical need for good goalkeepers. The amazing thing is that this has been a problem for 40 years and no one has declared a policy plan to address this problem.

WE HAVE A COACHING PROBLEM:

I can’t believe Rohr gets to keep his job. This guys is not a good coach, I don’t care what anyone tells you. If Keshi had this much talent during his tenure we would be in the Semi Finals. There were at least 16 really good players on that team. There is no excuse for the poor results. And if we are going to be appointing foreign coaches, the Youth level is where they are needed the most, not at the senior level when it’s too late to change their bad habits.

OUR PLAY LACKS AESTHETICS:

Every few years I introduce a word into the CE lexicon: Swagger, Ajebutter, schadenfreude, as examples

Today the watch word is “Aesthetics”.

We are still largely a scrappy team and that bothers me. I use the game vs. Tahiti in the confederations cup as an exhibit of our lack of Aesthetics. This was a very weak team however we still managed to play a largely error filled game with them. Most of the 6 goals we scored was not a result of some carefully crafted or planned plays; it was just based on the sheer strength of our player backed by a rather weak coaching regime. Then watch Tahiti play Uruguay and Spain and you see clear concise game plans unfolded by those teams with precision passing, movement and leaving the end result never in doubt

HOW COME WE HAVE NEVER HAD A WORLD CLASS PLAYER?

Well I have theory on this: Do you want hear it???

Well, here it goes: Nigerians culture does not encourage or permit it and seeks to destroy it if it rears its ugly head.

We cane/beat our youth physically at home and in school, we teach them to be obedient at all costs, tell them to prostrate, bow, and kneel to greet elders. You can’t talk back to elders and we value age over talent.

We value and reward virtues like being: humble, quiet, obedient, compliant, acquiescent tractable , amenable, deferential , respectful, governable, conformable, docile, submissive, meek, passive, unresisting, malleable, pliable, pliant, yielding, subservient, servile, deferential.

While in other more cultures they teach their children to be: Proud, Assertive, and Strong –willed, high self esteemed, confident, demanding, self-assured, forceful, decisive, emphatic, and aggressive at a young age.

Let me ask you all a question: Which culture is more likely to develop leaders, world beaters and world champions??

You decide!!

THREE SIMPLE POLICY IMPROVEMENTS THAT COULD HELP THE NIGERIAN GAME

1. CREATE NEW COACHING POSITIONS

A. “SET PIECES COACH”
The NFF must require every Team at all Levels of the game to designate or appoint one of its assistant coaches as the “Set Pieces Coach”. A Coach that picks the team talent, develops them, designs plays to execute offensive and defensive set pieces situations. The NFF must support these coaches with yearly clinics and refresher courses to help develop them. They must also have weekly, monthly and yearly reviews, awards and recognition for the best players and coaches who demonstrate the greatest aptitude This will put emphasis on the importance of Set pieces in the game. This will no doubt help develop not only world class coaching talent but also players who can consistently execute on set pieces..

B. “TACTICAL REFEREEING COACH” (TRC)
The ideal person for this job should be a FIFA graded referee. This person would be most useful in national club sides and national teams where good or bad referring decision can decide championships.

This coaches job will be to sit on the bench with the other coaches and teach Players and Coaches the rules of the game and how to use it to their advantage: How to commit fouls without drawing a yellow or red cards, How to complain to influence the referee to influence his decision, how to appeal awarded red or yellow cards during and after the game to the football association, Studying game appointed refs and understanding their referring style before games.

Wouldn’t it have been nice to have such a person on our bench in the last world cup game vs. Argentina? This is a game we could have won if we knew how to complain effectively to influence the Referee about all the major and minor fouls and infringements committed by Argentina.

We should have been awarded 3 penalties and Argentina should have 2 players sent off in that game. Rojas should have been sent off for his foul on Iheanacho instead he goes on to score the game winning goal.

The biggest Infringement committed during the game that no one is talking about is the fact that in the last 25 minutes of the game Macherano was bleeding profusely from a cut eyebrow with his blood dripping down his cheek onto his Uniform. A TRC would have pointed out to ROHR that the rules of the game demand that such a player should be removed from the game until the cut is stopped, cleaned up and uniform changed. That would not only have kept Argentina’s 2nd most influential player out for at least 10 minutes, reduced them to 10 men, disrupted the balance of their game and given us a tactical advantage towards the end of the game.

2. CREATE A NATIONAL GOAL KEEPING ACADEMY AND APPOINT A DIRECTOR

Clearly we have a goal keeping problem. We should address it with Policy and programs that targets finding the right players a young age and bringing them to a national academy that specializes in developing the players and coaches.

3. TAKE SOME CONTROL OF THE PRIVATE ACADEMIES

Use a Stick and Carrot approach to control all the Nigerian Academies. The formative stages of a player’s education will make break players. Nigerian coaches put too much emphasis on just fitness, speed and size and this is because most of them do not have a coaching certification. The NFF must support these academies with Money and opportunity. They need to require all proprietors attend a free 3 month coaching class so they are not miseducating a young impressionable mind.

2022 WORLD CUP - HERE IS MY LIST OF THE NEXT CROP PERFORMERS FOR EAGLES

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Ndidi - I expect him to be the next Eagles captain. I like his footballing self esteem.
Ebuehi – He is going to be huge going forward
ETEBO- is going places
Success: I still believe he will come through for us.
Oyerekwu: Promising but… has a lot to prove
Alex Iwobi: He is about to break out as a top performer

FUTURE TOP PERFORMERS:

Sadiq Umar – He should have been on the current squad. I don’t understand why he was overlooked.
Samuel Chukwueze I am expecting huge things from him.
Dennis Bonaventure – He is definitely a star in the making.
Awoniyi- I am looking forward to him joining the eagles
Paul Ouchi: I am not convinced of his talent yet
Kelechi Nwakali – Another Ajebutter in the making

THEY STILL HAVE A LOT OF PROVE

Uzoho: I am not convinced of his talent yet
Nacho: I am not convinced of his talent yet: You can’t be a world class player and be overweight, play with only one leg and don’t have a good first touch
Moses Simon: I have never been convinced of his talent
IMOH Ezekiel: He needs to be given a chance. He has something to offer.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

john12 wrote:Story story story. At the end of the day, we matched Argentina toe to toe and was let down by partial referee and QUALITY. They took their chances while we didn’t and we’re supported by the referee. Like I have said numerous times, if SE wants to perform exceptionally at wc we need our players at WORLD CLASS teams backed by WORLD CLASS players, impartial referees and GOODLUCK. Developing your league will be fine but it isn’t beneficial to Win WC. Anything contrary and you’re WASTING your time. All these players you mentioned Samuel, Sadiq, Paul, Awoniyi wouldn’t make any difference they’re still at BACKWATER leagues. My problem is with agents, managers and big clubs for not giving SE players chances at the best team
Yeah, end of day i.e FT, scores was toe to toe. Isn't that what you meant. That was even the way it was reflected on the scoreboard. In fact, you play a game and end with a scoreline of toe to toe, FIFA dashes you 3 points and that was what got us into the 2nd round where we beat France.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anointed wrote:
john12 wrote:Story story story. At the end of the day, we matched Argentina toe to toe and was let down by partial referee and QUALITY. They took their chances while we didn’t and we’re supported by the referee. Like I have said numerous times, if SE wants to perform exceptionally at wc we need our players at WORLD CLASS teams backed by WORLD CLASS players, impartial referees and GOODLUCK. Developing your league will be fine but it isn’t beneficial to Win WC. Anything contrary and you’re WASTING your time. All these players you mentioned Samuel, Sadiq, Paul, Awoniyi wouldn’t make any difference they’re still at BACKWATER leagues. My problem is with agents, managers and big clubs for not giving SE players chances at the best team
Yeah, end of day i.e FT, scores was toe to toe. Isn't that what you meant. That was even the way it was reflected on the scoreboard. In fact, you play a game and end with a scoreline of toe to toe, FIFA dashes you 3 points and that was what got us into the 2nd round where we beat France.
The guy is exasperating sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Matched them toe to toe ?? Are you serious ? That's was not even a good Argentine team and they still beat us. Macherano, Messi , Higuian are past their International primes ? There were 4 players on their team that were new and not of real international quality: Perez, traliafico, Meza, pavon, Armani..And Aguero and Di Maria were at best inconsistent....with all of that said Argentina still managed to get possession 66% vs 34%

And the idea that the Ref cheated for them is laughable.... The difference between them and us is they don't assume the ref will always do his job...so they seek to influence the refs decision by crowding him in numbers demanding calls for their team...compared to us who complain meekly and are begging the ref to see our point.

Did you even read what I wrote about appointing a "TRC"
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

kajifu wrote:Welcome back chief
Thank you Kajifu !
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

kajifu wrote:Welcome back chief
Thank you Kajifu !
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You say Messi, hinguain and Mascherano are past their best and I say that you’re talking nonsense. Do you realize that Messi scored over 50 goals last season? Hinguain scored over 30? Aguero their sub scored 30 plus while demaria also pulled in double figures basically, between those 4 forwards 120 plus goals and most of our defenders were backwater players so where’s this entitlement/arrogance stemming from? Like I said, this game against Argentina was our best ever against them at the WC and I have watched all except 1994 own which I did on YouTube. Rohr tactics was very spot on and there was actually a chance of beating them if we had converted our chances
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Our team at this World Cup was not impressive, but we really should have advanced over Argentina. It was right there for them to take, and less than ten minutes away. Similarly, the 2014 team was average, but really should have beaten France in the round of 16, if a few refereeing decisions went another way.

This should tell us two things: That Nigeria has a lot of work to do to fulfill our potential, but also that we are not too far away from being away to compete with the best sides. So, while we should be looking to improve by any means necessary, it would foolish to tear everything down as Nigeria has done so often in the past.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:You say Messi, hinguain and Mascherano are past their best and I say that you’re talking nonsense. Do you realize that Messi scored over 50 goals last season? Hinguain scored over 30? Aguero their sub scored 30 plus while demaria also pulled in double figures basically, between those 4 forwards 120 plus goals and most of our defenders were backwater players so where’s this entitlement/arrogance stemming from? Like I said, this game against Argentina was our best ever against them at the WC and I have watched all except 1994 own which I did on YouTube. Rohr tactics was very spot on and there was actually a chance of beating them if we had converted our chances

I said they were past their "International primes". You do realize they are all 30 years and older... If Higuaín is so good why is Juventus trying to give him away for half the price they paid 2 years ago ? He was over weight and a shadow of his old self...They are all declining and faded well before the end of the game. Do you know Sampoli struggled on weather to take him or not to the world cup. If Macherano is so great why did Barca send him to China ??

Those so called "back water" defenders still managed to keep them from embarrassing us. The bottom line is the gap between the teams is still wide, not because of the brilliance of those players but because of an effective System that Argentina can deploy in every game with different players

Rohrs tactics was not spot on.... They still beat us..didn't they ?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

JOURNEYMAN RORH

Dafunk,

Sounds like you have finally seen the light.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

JOURNEYMAN RORH

Dafunk,

Sounds like you have finally seen the light.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Solowere :bump:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Jackass :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I kpom Solowe's points, especially the one about docility and submissiveness shown by Nigerians on the world stage.

I was asking myself if I was watching a horror zombie flick as a bloody faced Mascherano was seen running all over the pitch, at one point even chasing after the ref for a good minute! :shock: :shock:

The angel* ref should have sent Mascherano off to get cleaned up! That was our chance to surround the ref, and force him to do his f**ing job and send Mascherano off to get cleaned up. Na dat time we for don balance for ground, rest small, drink wata, stretch legs, discuss new plans etc and most importantly disrupt the Argentine momentum. If dem call us naive now, we go begin vex. :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YemiBrazil wrote:Jackass :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiIbadan...You still dey ? :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiIbadan...You still dey ? :mrgreen:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Nice analysis Jackal, on the issue of our promising young players, I feel the NFF and Rohr should be involved in an advisory role as academies and agents are only interested in money and have stagnated the careers of many of our young talents.
There is the need to plan the careers of these young players so they can fulfill their potentials.
None of our prospects should be transferred to England as they will not quantify for work permits and end up being loaned out which destabilizes their careers.The English clubs are loaded and paying 10,000 to 20,000 pounds a week to players they don't need means nothing to them. As a CE posted, Chelsea took our most promising CD, Kenneth Omeruo, and stagnated his career. They are paying him over a million dollars a year and keep renewing his contract and sending him to backwater leagues while derailing a once promising career. We need to learn from this. The Nwakili brothers, Yahaya etc are other examples.
Teams like Ajax, PSV, Monaco, Lyon, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Hoffenheim, Leipzig etc should be the target for our prospects. These are teams that give young players a chance while surrounding them with quality players and play in the elite European competitions. It's no good for a prospect like Nwakili to be playing with a bunch of Dutch loggers in the 2nd division. The mediocrity around him will affect his game negatively.
I am happy
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Dammy wrote:Nice analysis Jackal, on the issue of our promising young players, I feel the NFF and Rohr should be involved in an advisory role as academies and agents are only interested in money and have stagnated the careers of many of our young talents.
There is the need to plan the careers of these young players so they can fulfill their potentials.
None of our prospects should be transferred to England as they will not quantify for work permits and end up being loaned out which destabilizes their careers.The English clubs are loaded and paying 10,000 to 20,000 pounds a week to players they don't need means nothing to them. As a CE posted, Chelsea took our most promising CD, Kenneth Omeruo, and stagnated his career. They are paying him over a million dollars a year and keep renewing his contract and sending him to backwater leagues while derailing a once promising career. We need to learn from this. The Nwakili brothers, Yahaya etc are other examples.
Teams like Ajax, PSV, Monaco, Lyon, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Hoffenheim, Leipzig etc should be the target for our prospects. These are teams that give young players a chance while surrounding them with quality players and play in the elite European competitions. It's no good for a prospect like Nwakili to be playing with a bunch of Dutch loggers in the 2nd division. The mediocrity around him will affect his game negatively.

Thanks Dammy… Everything starts with early part of our football educational system. If the foundation is not solid, they are going to have gaps in their footballing skills. The NFF has to be proactive about working with players and administrators at all levels. They need to have policies and programs that address all the gaps in our football.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Did anyone here request this analysis?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!