Manchester United Wonderkid Tosin Kehinde Joins CD Feirense

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Manchester United Wonderkid Tosin Kehinde Joins CD Feire

Post by truetalk »

Excellent move by the young man. He was offered a new contract by United, but he chose to go to the 1st division in the 7th highest ranked league in Europe to play against professionals and continue to develop.

One hidden advantage that some of those with dual Nationalities have is the awareness of opportunities beyond your backyard. Suddenly, you come to camp and see your teammates from all over Europe.

Balogun has now gone to England (None of the German-Nigerians we chased ever left Germany)
Ebuehi has gone to Portugal
Lookman has gone to Germany (that totally shocked the Everton admin setup)
Kehinde has gone to Portugal.
Even Aneke went to Belgium when Arsenal didn't seem to be working out.

Good job guys.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

BTW, I don't think Kehinde is that talented.

Size is not all it is cranked up to be (Messi, Iniesta, Hazard), but size does matter, and Kehinde is small.

Apart from size, I don't see anything exceptional so far. He seems to be exclusively right footed, the pace is not exceptional, I don't see a great shot, exceptional passing, or superb dribbling. We'll see how he shapes up over the next couple of seasons.

From a club perspective, this is an excellent move. Much better situation than the likes of Kelechi Nwakili for instance.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Thanks for the reminder, wishing Mr Soname more success.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote:Eye brow raising move.

Unless he intentionally wanted to step out of the country...this is too low a club for someone in ManUnited academy for so long.
Ugbowo,

Forget about all the hyperbole from Naija journos. Are you sure something did not go wrong at United? It is possible that he may have been cut if he was there that long. Every year, players get cut. IMHO, if that was the case then I love the move. He should not consider it the end of the world if he was cut at United. In the end, he may become better than others who remain there. It is just part of the business. Of course, this is my speculation based on the hunch that I have since I have followed his story.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:

Unless he intentionally wanted to step out of the country...this is too low a club for someone in ManUnited academy for so long.
Ugbowo,

Forget about all the hyperbole from Naija journos. Are you sure something did not go wrong at United? It is possible that he may have been cut if he was there that long. Every year, players get cut. IMHO, if that was the case then I love the move. He should not consider it the end of the world if he was cut at United. In the end, he may become better than others who remain there. It is just part of the business. Of course, this is my speculation based on the hunch that I have since I have followed his story.
Your hunch is wrong.

He was offered a new contract at United.

He studied it, refused to sign, and decided to move in search of 1st team football in a top 7 European league where he will get some personal mentoring.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... o-14871907

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... first-team

Feirense have amazing potential if they play their cards right. They could be getting the very best from the NPFL & Nigerian academies for cheap. They could stockpile talent, & somehow qualify for Europe in a few seasons & everyone will be wondering how they did it.

This was the level we hoped the likes of Churchill Oliseh would progress to.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ugbowo,

Your hunch is wrong.

He studied it, refused to sign, and decided to move in search of 1st team football in a top 7 European league where he will get some personal mentoring.

Feirense have amazing potential if they play their cards right. They could be getting the very best from the NPFL & Nigerian academies for cheap. They could stockpile talent, & somehow qualify for Europe in a few seasons & everyone will be wondering how they did it.

This guy, you have serious issues. Who had hoped Churchill Oliseh, a VERY SUCCESFUL agent by any measure, would get to this level? And what level exactly is that? Did Oliseh tell you he had ambition to own a club? Why don't you compare yourself to Soname instead of comparing him to everyone else since you seem preoccupied with his success?
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ugbowo,

Your hunch is wrong.

This guy, you have serious issues. Who had hoped Churchill Oliseh, a VERY SUCCESFUL agent by a measure, would get to this level? And what level exactly is that? Did Oliseh tell you he had ambition to own a club? Why don't you compare yourself to Soname instead of comparing him to everyone else since you seem preoccupied with his success?

I have to adopt the thin skull rule when engaging folks on here. If this is a mature version of you, just how bad were you when you started out? I guess motor park touts do hope to become cab drivers someday.

No brain, No sense, No knowledge, Won't do basic research on issues; but must put mouth in topics to display the ignorance to the world, & occasionally mask this with displays as a funny troublemaker.

Anyway I'll do one last bit of community service for you, but really it is for others on here since you appear to be a hopeless case.

FC Ebedei
Ground Gateway Stadium (Ijebu Ode)
Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria
Chairman Churchill Oliseh
Manager Churchill Oliseh
League Nigeria Nationwide League

FC Ebedei is also serving as the African football academy of FC Midtjylland in the Danish Superliga championship. Several players from the club have gone on to play in Denmark.

So Churchill already owns a club in Ogun State in Nigeria, just like Soname, & he had made moves on a club in Europe.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Murds! Pls lock this thread for obvious reason. We have to protect our elders from serious brutalization whenever their cho cho cho lands them in serious trouble :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would caution any 72 year old against blindly following a 2 bit wannabe agent with major issues who thinks someone pulled himself by the bootstrap to become a Local Government chairman IN NIGERIA on his own and started a gambling outfit on his own, but everyone else became successful because their in law made them succesful. I would say use wisdom but if for 71 years that eluded someone, then i doubt that is possible at 72.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.