Musa leaves Leicester camp and heads to Saudi Arabia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa leaves Leicester camp and heads to Saudi Arabia

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:wait o...the sauce is Ayo's own site. maybe Musa went to SA on pilgrimage (to Mecca)?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wah! Maybe you are correct, bro!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
john12 wrote:End o his international career at 25 abeg GTFOH he has nothing else to prove at SE and should only be dropped due to match fitness
Yes he has a lot to prove at SE, let's start with getting through to quarter finals, let alone winning a world cup
So he has a lot to prove
Unless you are saying there is a limit to what a player can achieve at SE
Or proving he can win consecutive AFCoNs...

Just another Nigerian With Limited Ambition (NWLA).
He has nothing to prove to you all! Playing at one wold cup is the dream of many players, playing at two with 4 goals to show is more than a dream come true. He has won the AFCON, won the league title in two different countries i believe, has played in the Champions league and Europa. Like i said it might not mean a lot to many but Musa does not have to prove any point to anyone...
As I told you, he's a Nigerian With Limited Ambition whom we must all wish a happy retirement.

Meanwhile, there are other footballers who are older and who have achieved more that remain hungry for more success in the top leagues.

Thanks for the memories, Ahmed!
The Yeyeman,

Make I'm no do you like film when Rohr name am for AFCON. Just saying.
He might pick him for the next game, but his continued presence in the team will just strengthen the view that Nigeria is a fading force in the African game.
And wetin go happunu if I'm com shine pass the golden boys - Iwobi and Vic Mo?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:And wetin go happunu if I'm com shine pass the golden boys - Iwobi and Vic Mo?
It'll be further confirmation of Nigeria's standing in the game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
john12 wrote:End o his international career at 25 abeg GTFOH he has nothing else to prove at SE and should only be dropped due to match fitness
Yes he has a lot to prove at SE, let's start with getting through to quarter finals, let alone winning a world cup
So he has a lot to prove
Unless you are saying there is a limit to what a player can achieve at SE
Or proving he can win consecutive AFCoNs...

Just another Nigerian With Limited Ambition (NWLA).
He has nothing to prove to you all! Playing at one wold cup is the dream of many players, playing at two with 4 goals to show is more than a dream come true. He has won the AFCON, won the league title in two different countries i believe, has played in the Champions league and Europa. Like i said it might not mean a lot to many but Musa does not have to prove any point to anyone...
Im not asking him to prove anything to me and that was not my point, I was responding to the comment that he has nothing else to prove.. as a Super Eagle to which I say he still has a lot to prove there because SE has not achieved much at the World stage
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:I find it strange that people clamoring for players from the local league to be invited to the national team are saying a player playing in Saudi Arabia (A far better league) cannot be invited to the SE.

This is what happens when people copy and paste concepts they borrow from another country. Counties like Spain, England, France etc can afford to scream that once you are playing in Saudi Arabia your international career is over, they can afford to say that because they have a far superior league. We cannot say that and then turn around to clamor that players from the local league should be invited...ever wonder why our society is acting confused sometimes...this is one of the reasons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The quality of players in Nigeria's league is 10 times better than what prevails in the Saudi league. Even a certain BCC Lions would have beaten that Saudi national team that i saw in Russia!
Spoken by someone who had no clue.....I dont know if BCC would have beaten the Saudi team or not, but i know the standard of their league is way better. Check the quality of the coaches gong there to start with.
So the quality of the league is now determined by the coaches who are in it? Hmmmmmmmmm. Na wa oooo. I have heard it all.

Saudi Arabia's league is crap!!!! Now that is an undisputable fact.

Our teenagers in the Lafa League in Lagos can dribble the best defenders in the Saudi league like no man's business. Ask yourself in any of the Saudi World Cup players would ever get into say the Enyimba team.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ahmed Musa leaves Leicester's pre-season camp for Saudi Arabia to sign mouth watering deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/dSZChf

Ahmed Musa looks set to clinch mouth-watering deal. To be honest one cannot blame him for going off in search of the riches. This just signifies the end of his international career.

I doubt that this signifies the end of his international career. You need to be aware that several NT level players are playing in Saudi Arabia. Europe is not the only place someone can play football.

BTW, Musa will be joining Morocco's international Nordin Amrabat and Peru's international Christian Ramos at Al Nasr. I do hope you realize that. Also there are some Egyptian internationals playing in Saudi Arabia.

IMHO, the examples given above are not necessary. Nigeria should invite their top players no matter where they play. SE invited Shehu while he was in Cyprus. At what level is Uzoho playing and what level is Nwakali, whom you have touted, playing?

We are not interested in bringing ourselves down to the level of Egypt and Morocco. They were both woeful at the World Cup and it is now clear why.

Nigeria is interested in matching the likes of Belgium, Croatia, France, etc, so we want our best players playing in the Spanish, English, German and Italian leagues. Saudi Arabia is for a retirement cheque not for Super Eagles players.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

It all boils down to form and fitness. Folks were berating Rohr for including Musa in the WC squad and yet Musa came back as our highest goal scorer.

If Musa goes to SA and hits the ground running, he will definitely get a call up for the next ANC qualifier. If he ends up banging 30 goals a season, he will get called up for the next ANC. Its as simple as that.

Bottomline, it's down to the young guns to edge him out. If they come to camp and can't show they are much better than Musa then it's a no brainer.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

LOL the same musa that people were questioning his inclusion at the WC don become the saviour of the SE? IF he is in form wherever he goes, he will be called up simple and short. The SE is bigger than one player. Are you people saying that Musa going to play at La Liga or staying in the EPL will guarantee that NIgeira will do any better than we have been doing recently? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Can't we wish Musa a happy retirement from international football in peace? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The YeyeMan wrote:Can't we wish Musa a happy retirement from international football in peace? :D
If Musa was playing for a serious nation that intended to do well in major tournaments going to play in Saudi Arabia would mean just that (retirement from the national team) but for some reason I think we’ll be seeing him in the Green of Nigeria for a while.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:And wetin go happunu if I'm com shine pass the golden boys - Iwobi and Vic Mo?
KPOM. So better we accept that standing and not pretend that we are on the same pedestal as the likes of the big ones. We are just like the midlevel teams of this world until we begin to prove otherwise.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
KPOM. So better we accept that standing and not pretend that we are on the same pedestal as the likes of the big ones. We are just like the midlevel teams of this world until we begin to prove otherwise.

We prefer to live in "la la land".

#delusions of grandeur
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We prefer to live in "la la land".

#delusions of grandeur
I agree, but as bad as we are we shouldn't be playing the type of match we did vs Croatia where we didn't show any of our DNA at all, no swift counters, didn't use our speed and really didn't trouble the Croatians at all.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Why does our WC goalkeeper, keep again? 3rd division
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Hero’s Welcome for Ahmed Musa In Saudi Arabia

Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa received a Hero’s welcome from Saudi Arabian side as he arrived at King Khaled Int’l Airport, Riyadh on Thursday

The airport in Riyadh was shut down for the Russia 2018 world cup star with the red carpet rolled out for the Super Eagles star . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/heros-wel ... di-arabia/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No wonder his game has stagnated. No ambition, whatsoever.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

fabio wrote:Why does our WC goalkeeper, keep again? 3rd division
2nd division. But he is 19, and he did well at the world cup. His career is just about to begin. We should be worried if he was still in the 2nd division at the age of 25.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:
2nd division. But he is 19, and he did well at the world cup. His career is just about to begin. We should be worried if he was still in the 2nd division at the age of 25.
2nd division or 3rd Division?
” The next day I spoke with Francis and I gave him my explanations and aplogies. Our idea has not changed from the first day and it will not change “, the coach said, apparently referring to his decision on Uzoho as third choice for the first team but first choice for the B team in the third division.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290667
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
2nd division or 3rd Division?
” The next day I spoke with Francis and I gave him my explanations and aplogies. Our idea has not changed from the first day and it will not change “, the coach said, apparently referring to his decision on Uzoho as third choice for the first team but first choice for the B team in the third division.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290667
2nd division or 3rd division doesn't matter. He is 19. We should be worried if he was playing in Saudi Arabia at the age of 25.

Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

If anything, Gyan's form for Ghana *improved* after he moved to the UAE ( a much weaker league). A World Cup semifinalist and third place finisher (Belgium) had two starters who played in another weaker league than Saudi as well (Witsel and Carrasco). Check out the Chinese clubs results in the Asian Champions League.

The idea Musa's international career is finished because he moved to Saudi is absurd.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Jaidi wrote:If anything, Gyan's form for Ghana *improved* after he moved to the UAE ( a much weaker league). A World Cup semifinalist and third place finisher (Belgium) had two starters who played in another weaker league than Saudi as well (Witsel and Carrasco). Check out the Chinese clubs results in the Asian Champions League.

The idea Musa's international career is finished because he moved to Saudi is absurd.
It is not absurd. His international career is over. Ahmed Musa has a lot of flaws in his game. The expectation, well my expectation for him is to see him play in a top league, get good coaching and work on his game. Look at Salah a few years ago, look at him now. Musa is not going to get better playing in Saudi Arabia.

And your Gyan example makes no sense. Gyan didn't improve. His goals dried up for Ghana.

guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Good for Musa. Bad for SE. Just leave it like that.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote: 2nd division or 3rd division doesn't matter. He is 19. We should be worried if he was playing in Saudi Arabia at the age of 25.
It's division 3 and it matters. You can try and argue otherwise, but it's division 3.