Musa leaves Leicester camp and heads to Saudi Arabia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa leaves Leicester camp and heads to Saudi Arabia

Post by oloye »

The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
john12 wrote:End o his international career at 25 abeg GTFOH he has nothing else to prove at SE and should only be dropped due to match fitness
Yes he has a lot to prove at SE, let's start with getting through to quarter finals, let alone winning a world cup
So he has a lot to prove
Unless you are saying there is a limit to what a player can achieve at SE
Or proving he can win consecutive AFCoNs...

Just another Nigerian With Limited Ambition (NWLA).
He has nothing to prove to you all! Playing at one wold cup is the dream of many players, playing at two with 4 goals to show is more than a dream come true. He has won the AFCON, won the league title in two different countries i believe, has played in the Champions league and Europa. Like i said it might not mean a lot to many but Musa does not have to prove any point to anyone...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Musa made a decision for Musa and family. Lets respect that. Many here are deciding his international career. Musa is 25 with his game reliant on speed. How long can he maintain his speed? Let him go where his need are best met and let the NT handlers determine his SE fate
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

One thing I will state is that it will be a shock and extensively questioned if Rohr does not call him up because he moved to Saudi Arabia where several Egyptian internationals currently play. Over to Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Musa along with all the China based players should not be called to the SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ahmed Musa leaves Leicester signing four year contract with Saudi Arabian clubside Al Nassr - https://goo.gl/m7fhdg

This one is done and dusted. Ahmed Musa is now the highest paid Nigerian footballer out there. I guess he deserves it after his World Cup heroics.

I guess he has nothing more to prove, so will happily accept the cash and kiss his international career goodbye. Shame though as he is one player who knows how to find the back of the net!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ahmed Musa leaves Leicester's pre-season camp for Saudi Arabia to sign mouth watering deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/dSZChf

Ahmed Musa looks set to clinch mouth-watering deal. To be honest one cannot blame him for going off in search of the riches. This just signifies the end of his international career.

I doubt that this signifies the end of his international career. You need to be aware that several NT level players are playing in Saudi Arabia. Europe is not the only place someone can play football.

BTW, Musa will be joining Morocco's international Nordin Amrabat and Peru's international Christian Ramos at Al Nasr. I do hope you realize that. Also there are some Egyptian internationals playing in Saudi Arabia.

IMHO, the examples given above are not necessary. Nigeria should invite their top players no matter where they play. SE invited Shehu while he was in Cyprus. At what level is Uzoho playing and what level is Nwakali, whom you have touted, playing?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The money to good to ignore
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I find it strange that people clamoring for players from the local league to be invited to the national team are saying a player playing in Saudi Arabia (A far better league) cannot be invited to the SE.

This is what happens when people copy and paste concepts they borrow from another country. Counties like Spain, England, France etc can afford to scream that once you are playing in Saudi Arabia your international career is over, they can afford to say that because they have a far superior league. We cannot say that and then turn around to clamor that players from the local league should be invited...ever wonder why our society is acting confused sometimes...this is one of the reasons. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:I find it strange that people clamoring for players from the local league to be invited to the national team are saying a player playing in Saudi Arabia (A far better league) cannot be invited to the SE.

This is what happens when people copy and paste concepts they borrow from another country. Counties like Spain, England, France etc can afford to scream that once you are playing in Saudi Arabia your international career is over, they can afford to say that because they have a far superior league. We cannot say that and then turn around to clamor that players from the local league should be invited...ever wonder why our society is acting confused sometimes...this is one of the reasons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The quality of players in Nigeria's league is 10 times better than what prevails in the Saudi league. Even a certain BCC Lions would have beaten that Saudi national team that i saw in Russia!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ahmed Musa leaves Leicester's pre-season camp for Saudi Arabia to sign mouth watering deal - See more at: https://goo.gl/dSZChf

Ahmed Musa looks set to clinch mouth-watering deal. To be honest one cannot blame him for going off in search of the riches. This just signifies the end of his international career.

I doubt that this signifies the end of his international career. You need to be aware that several NT level players are playing in Saudi Arabia. Europe is not the only place someone can play football.

BTW, Musa will be joining Morocco's international Nordin Amrabat and Peru's international Christian Ramos at Al Nasr. I do hope you realize that. Also there are some Egyptian internationals playing in Saudi Arabia.

IMHO, the examples given above are not necessary. Nigeria should invite their top players no matter where they play. SE invited Shehu while he was in Cyprus. At what level is Uzoho playing and what level is Nwakali, whom you have touted, playing?
Their careers are just beginning. Musa's in on the downward spiral.

Teenagers who are just coming of age can play anywhere to get experience but when a 25-year old leaves the English Premiership to play in Saudi Arabia, only one word comes to mind - Retirement!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Another hypocritical rant by people who will not hesitate to leave their current employment once a better cash offering comes. So you all think that these footballers leave Africa and travel to Europe in order to play International football? The reason footballers leave Nigeria for foreign countries is Money!! They have to put food on the table. Last time I checked, Rasheed Yekini played in the Portuguese league and played internationally for Nigeria for many years. I believe Portuguese league is much better than Saudi, but what happened when he retired? He lived in penury and we all know the rest. So people should stop telling a full grown man what to do with his life. Playing for Nigeria has never put food on any ones table. Musa has paid his dues and now he has to think of his future and what happens when he stops playing football. That is all that matters.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:I find it strange that people clamoring for players from the local league to be invited to the national team are saying a player playing in Saudi Arabia (A far better league) cannot be invited to the SE.

The quality of players in Nigeria's league is 10 times better than what prevails in the Saudi league. Even a certain BCC Lions would have beaten that Saudi national team that i saw in Russia!
Spoken by someone who had no clue.....I dont know if BCC would have beaten the Saudi team or not, but i know the standard of their league is way better. Check the quality of the coaches gong there to start with.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Any player can make any career decision he choses. But Nigeria must set a higher standard for players playing in the National team. No second rate and backwater league player should ever be invited to the SE EXCEPT exceptional players from the Nigerian League. If I were the coach, I would consider Musa's move a resignation from the national team.
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:Any player can make any career decision he choses. But Nigeria most set a higher standard for players playing in the National team. No second rate and backwater league player should ever be invited to the SE EXCEPT exceptional player from the Nigerian League. If I were the coach, I would consider Musa's move a resignation from the national team.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: we accepted the rubbish and we saw what happened in Russia, all the excuses of money this money that.. our players are only going to get worse with this trend. Either they focus on making money and forget about aiming to be among the elite players.. very soon we will start struggling to qualify and just make the numbers.. All of you shouting money , money etc..yes the sport isn't guaranteed .. me i want to see the SE do well, and we need players playing at the highest levels... we saw SAudi and Egypt in Russia
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lacidi wrote:Another hypocritical rant by people who will not hesitate to leave their current employment once a better cash offering comes. So you all think that these footballers leave Africa and travel to Europe in order to play International football? The reason footballers leave Nigeria for foreign countries is Money!! They have to put food on the table. Last time I checked, Rasheed Yekini played in the Portuguese league and played internationally for Nigeria for many years. I believe Portuguese league is much better than Saudi, but what happened when he retired? He lived in penury and we all know the rest. So people should stop telling a full grown man what to do with his life. Playing for Nigeria has never put food on any ones table. Musa has paid his dues and now he has to think of his future and what happens when he stops playing football. That is all that matters.
is Musa in Europe? :roll: :roll: :roll:
SuperEagles

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr is the one saying he doesn't rate the local league.

My problem with the Musa move is he is not going to get better playing in Saudi League. He needs to go to a club where he can work on his game and play against good competition.

It is a retrogressive move. At least the players in the local league are looking to make upward moves. It is like going from the EPL to the English League one.

As long as Musa chooses to play in the 3rd division,he shouldn't be invited. According to Rohr own standards.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:One thing I will state is that it will be a shock and extensively questioned if Rohr does not call him up because he moved to Saudi Arabia where several Egyptian internationals currently play. Over to Rohr.

And just look at them (Egypt) they even lost to Saudi Arabia in the World Cup.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:Any player can make any career decision he choses. But Nigeria most set a higher standard for players playing in the National team. No second rate and backwater league player should ever be invited to the SE EXCEPT exceptional player from the Nigerian League. If I were the coach, I would consider Musa's move a resignation from the national team.
It's that simple :agree:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
john12 wrote:End o his international career at 25 abeg GTFOH he has nothing else to prove at SE and should only be dropped due to match fitness
Yes he has a lot to prove at SE, let's start with getting through to quarter finals, let alone winning a world cup
So he has a lot to prove

He has nothing to prove to you all! Playing at one wold cup is the dream of many players, playing at two with 4 goals to show is more than a dream come true. He has won the AFCON, won the league title in two different countries i believe, has played in the Champions league and Europa. Like i said it might not mean a lot to many but Musa does not have to prove any point to anyone...
As I told you, he's a Nigerian With Limited Ambition whom we must all wish a happy retirement.

Meanwhile, there are other footballers who are older and who have achieved more that remain hungry for more success in the top leagues.

Thanks for the memories, Ahmed!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Enugu II wrote:One thing I will state is that it will be a shock and extensively questioned if Rohr does not call him up because he moved to Saudi Arabia where several Egyptian internationals currently play. Over to Rohr.

But Egypt that SE could not beat, abi no be am?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
So he has a lot to prove

As I told you, he's a Nigerian With Limited Ambition whom we must all wish a happy retirement.

Meanwhile, there are other footballers who are older and who have achieved more that remain hungry for more success in the top leagues.

The Yeyeman,

Make I'm no do you like film when Rohr name am for AFCON. Just saying.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

But Egypt that SE could not beat, abi no be am?
Well yeah but Nigeria even less ambitious and with a park team league makes it to World Cups regularly and are Olympic Medalist (football event) so there is a balance but if you're saying Nigerian players joining the Saudi League will mean Nigeria will be able to finally beat Egypt then ok :clap:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
akamoke wrote:
So he has a lot to prove

The Yeyeman,

Make I'm no do you like film when Rohr name am for AFCON. Just saying.
He might pick him for the next game, but his continued presence in the team will just strengthen the view that Nigeria is a fading force in the African game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.