Kelechi Nwakali assist on debut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Nwakali assist on debut

Post by marutimon »

Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali assist on debut

Post by maceo4 »

He posted the FK he scored on his IG.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

marutimon wrote:Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

But is Porto B not the team he signed for? That much was clear at his signing, if I recollect correctly.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

marutimon wrote:Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Who is this Nwakali's agent? As a matter of fact who are the agents for our Nigerian players? The guys I see on the field day in day out in all the European Leagues are no better than our most of our boys; Awniyi, The Nawkalis, Alanpasun, and lost of others; yet they can't seem to find a job with the premier first teams of the European countries? Why is that?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Igugu wrote:

Who is this Nwakali's agent? As a matter of fact who are the agents for our Nigerian players? The guys I see on the field day in day out in all the European Leagues are no better than our most of our boys; Awniyi, The Nawkalis, Alanpasun, and lost of others; yet they can't seem to find a job with the premier first teams of the European countries? Why is that?
We're biased when it comes to our boys, they look good to us but the fact remains that they're just not good enough for the top teams yet. Etebo, our supposed best player at the wc is at a championship team, we just don't have the quality we think we have.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Igugu wrote:

We're biased when it comes to our boys, they look good to us but the fact remains that they're just not good enough for the top teams yet. Etebo, our supposed best player at the wc is at a championship team, we just don't have the quality we think we have.
You're wrong. The difference is that if a player like Nwakali was Brazilian he would have played a couple of seasons in Brazil then transferred to Europe for 20 mln EUR. Nwakali is all that, obviously. But he made a few poor decisions (like signing for Arsenal instead of a second tier club first) and just made the path much harder for himself.

The guy is pure quality. Anyone with half a brain can see he has world class potential.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He isn't a bad or untalented player but not being a European means he has to be twice as good as his contemporaries. Porto B isn't a bad place to be - at least it's not Malta or Slovakia - he plays well he'll make the first team and all eyes are always on them.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

marutimon wrote:One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.
It would be imbecilic to invite him for that trait alone.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

kalani JR wrote:
marutimon wrote:One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.
It would be imbecilic to invite him for that trait alone.
It would be imbecilic to think that is only strength.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?
He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?
He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both

You and I know that is a nonsense. Players far worse than Kelechi are playing in the Portuguese league!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You and I know that is a nonsense. Players far worse than Kelechi are playing in the Portuguese league!
Lol he’s not....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Not true. At VVV he was the best player whenever he played. He was a victim of politics, as all loanees at the club got the short end of the stick due to internal fighting. All loanees were shafted wholesale.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the kelechi is one of the most hyped player ever. already 20 and yet to make a single noise in Europe, already a journey man... however you can catch him on IG 24/7.. the annoying part, is the bobo is a very good footballer
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marutimon wrote:
Not true. At VVV he was the best player whenever he played. He was a victim of politics, as all loanees at the club got the short end of the stick due to internal fighting. All loanees were shafted wholesale.
Hopefully he can show he's better than a B team player and get some time with the senior team...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

You sound like me :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I hope this guy doesn’t turn into another Rabiu Ibrahim or Haruna Lukmon!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Training with the first team :thumbs:

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:Training with the first team :thumbs:

I don't know what to make of this! While Porto B were playing Gil Vicente, Kelechi was training with the first team squad. Is that temporary or permanent?
I believe he will eventually get his chance with the main team as Porto always promote their best young players to the first team e.g. Adrien Silva, Awaziem, Dalot etc.
I am happy
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Using him as a punching bag
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rawlings wrote:
Using him as a punching bag
We fit use you as punching bag? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16