SERIE A on TV in USA/ BeIN sports on Comcast/Verizon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
SERIE A on TV in USA/ BeIN sports on Comcast/Verizon

Post by F360 »

A mess.

Serie A coverage on Television in the USA is another problem this season. Bein don't have the rights anymore. ESPN and Turner are trying to get it to put it on their streaming services...behind that paywall. Serie A don't really give a crap about making inroads in N.A. Palotta of Roma must hate this. Also no home for the F.A. Cup on television in the USA yet. Whoever gets Serie A will also get the FA Cup as well it seems.

Despite the drama for the domestic TV rights, there has been few updates regarding the situation in the United States.

The sports management company IMG did secure the international TV rights of Serie A for the next three seasons for €1.1 billion. But there has been no news on what broadcaster will air the Italian league on TV in America.

World Soccer Talk has reported that ESPN and Turner are the frontrunners to secure the TV rights to Serie A in the United States. Both companies have recently launched digital streaming services in ESPN+ and B/R Live.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus has helped spiked the interest for the TV rights.

IMG will reportedly likely bundle the rights to Serie A along with the FA Cup rights.

and then Comcast and Verizon have dropped Bein from their packages

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section ... d/24268979
NEW YORK -- BeIN Sports, which has televised Spain's La Liga in the U.S. since the 2012-13 season, has been dropped by the cable systems of Comcast Xfinity and Verizon Fios.

BeIN said filed a complaint against Comcast four months ago with the Federal Communications Commission, accusing violations of program carriage rules and the non-discrimination condition that was part of the FCC approval of Comcast's purchase of NBCUniversal.

BeIN said Tuesday that Verizon sought to shift it to a more expensive tier, and Verizon said BeIN sought a fees increase.

Comcast said BeIN would not guarantee what programming it will have going forward. BeIN has carried Italy's Serie A since 2012-13 but that deal expired and a new U.S. rights holder has not been announced.

NBC has U.S. television rights to England's Premier League and Fox has rights to the German Bundesliga. Turner takes over rights to the Champions League this season from Fox, which had televised Europe's top club competition since 2009-10.
I'm not even that mad at BeIN in this case. Comcast consistently put them in a higher tier as opposed to the regular sports tier. Some bullshit by Comcast and Verizon.

--------------------------------------------
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SERIE A on TV in USA/ BeIN sports on Comcast/Verizon

Post by ohenhen1 »

Fox getting the world cup was a bad thing for fans.

I think NBC should bid for the world cup during the next round of bidding. NBC has done a great job with the EPL. NBC should also look into getting La Liga.

I don't care about the Seria A. They can go to Fox or ESPN, don't care.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

katakata go burst!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

F360, we appreciate your updates on the television and streaming options for the upcoming season, thanks so much. Please keep it coming.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

anyway, my contract with ATT Uverse ends next month.. I will cancel my TV and just focus on internet.. going to get HBO and find a streaming service or something else, I will not be paying any extra for crap
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I have hulu for $7.99, that is all I pay for TV. Even that I am about to cancel. Lucked out, was paying $47 for Internet. The internet company can't provide service at my new place after moving. Got Spectrum for $19.99 per month for the next 12 months. So basically paying nothing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

This is pure BS. BeIN has been a God send for anyone who wants to watch anything other than EPL. How will Fox, turner cram in games with NBA, nfl, and the others in full swing around that time as well. Rubbish
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Where does Dish Network fit in all these?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well just went through Bein, and saw Seria games still listed
SuperEagles

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Thunder wrote:Where does Dish Network fit in all these?
I believe they still carry BeIN for now.
juventuss wrote:This is pure BS. BeIN has been a God send for anyone who wants to watch anything other than EPL. How will Fox, turner cram in games with NBA, nfl, and the others in full swing around that time as well. Rubbish
FOX only have the Bundesliga for now I think.
ESPN and Turner will just put the matches on ESPN + and the Turner/BR streaming site so they can squeeze as much money out of soccer fans in the USA and use those fans as the guinea pigs for their streaming sites before they then turn to putting NHL (when NBC is done with their rights), NBA, NFL and MLB games behind those pay sites. Eventually smh.
Cally wrote:F360, we appreciate your updates on the television and streaming options for the upcoming season, thanks so much. Please keep it coming.
No problem. I'll post as I hear news.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

The reason im paying so much for cable is cause of Bein Sports..smh i am downgrading
Last edited by omey2k4 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

juventuss wrote:This is pure BS. BeIN has been a God send for anyone who wants to watch anything other than EPL. How will Fox, turner cram in games with NBA, nfl, and the others in full swing around that time as well. Rubbish

Nah SE matches wey dey concern me oh!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wow, anyways I am about to cancel my TV
SuperEagles

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

So now you'll have to pay $4.99 per month to watch FA cup and SerieA. Your cable subscription does not give you access.

FORZA JUVE
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

juventuss wrote:

Thanks bro.

Sux for fans that now if we want to watch Serie A we have to pay 4.99/mth....on top of our usual cable and satellite fees that they charge for sports networks SPECIFICALLY ESPN. SMH
Oh well, it is what it is.

Sidenote bro, I saw your club at Fedex Field on Saturday. I thought the Buffon split was amicable. I didn't realize they effectively pushed him out. Anyway maybe we save for a Serie A specific thread.

Back to this tv stuff, damn ESPN and Turner and those *kindpeople* all trying to gouge soccer fans. I will continue to root for any and everyone that pirates matches and streams them for fans to watch. F*** the TV networks.

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Bein Sports need to get a handle on their commercial management. I stream via Playstation Vue that dropped them last year when both sides couldn't reach a renewal agreement...now this Comcast issue? They seem to be all in on Fubotv, which is a garbage streaming service in my opinion that has a limited chance to grow beyond the Latin market
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have installed some apps on my firebrick, going to cancel my uverse....and start picking sports packages individually if I choose to spend ... looking at sling tv
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote:katakata go burst!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cally wrote:F360, we appreciate your updates on the television and streaming options for the upcoming season, thanks so much. Please keep it coming.
To be honest, I don't think many of the Cyber-eagles fans care about any of such changes or happenings.
Which one consign us dia? Na Nigerian teams dem be? Abeg, make una carri dis junk comot hia.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

BeinSport no more on Verizon.Wahala don dey oooh any one with idea what is going on now????
lakdarbelloumi
Egg
Egg

Post by lakdarbelloumi »

For the La Liga fans who have Verizon and Comcast, how can we watch Messi and Co now?