Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:41 am 

Indeed, colour needn’t be a rate-limiting step and that remains a Mount Olympus for football to conquer. As far as merit goes, Seedorf’s name and standing in the game has given him the opportunity and by that very yardstick, deservedly so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:23 pm 

Good choice.

Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:26 pm 

Wishing Cameroon the best....if they are not playing Naija, but especially when playing Ghana.

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm 

bamenda boy wrote:
Good choice.

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:37 pm 

Cameroon should give them a 10 years plan. They are both the products of Ajax excellent program. I hope they can help Cameroon in building such strong programs across the country. That to me is more important that just winning with the national team.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:51 am 

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 am 

Was there a third person on the chair at some point?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 am 

Very interesting choice - made even more so by the fact that they both agreed to work together. I really hope they succeed. Good just b fecafoot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 am 

Coach wrote:

:rotf: I felt that something was amiss the way they both sat so close together. Very unusual for humans in terms of he we all use space. Quite odd.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 pm 

kalani JR wrote:
I think they chose the worst African team to coach.

No Sir, the wrong administration to do business with. Cameroon, the team, can still be one of the best in the world if the administration does at least half the clean up. Giving a coach complete control of the team will be a major start.

"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 am 

joplass wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I think they chose the worst African team to coach.

No Sir, the wrong administration to do business with. Cameroon, the team, can still be one of the best in the world if the administration does at least half the clean up. Giving a coach complete control of the team will be a major start.

Cameroon best in the world in what planet? with your mechanical jambody players? Nyggah please...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm 

A friend of mine has met Kluivert is apparently very happy to be working in Africa where his ancestors originated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 pm 

Enugu II wrote:

I actually support this. Let the black men coach... they are still Africans... Africa has 2 worldcups FRance 98 and Russia 2018

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

Think this will end badly. Seedorf's short coaching career is unimpressive, while FECAFOOT is run in an unprofessional manner. Great players don't always make great coaches. You have to appoint the right ex-player.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
It's done.

Cameroon appoint Seedorf & Kluivert as deal for Eriksson falls through
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45070860

To the experts, is this a good thing for the "appointed coaches", for Cameroon or for both parties?

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:05 pm 

Some people - here - are already forecasting doom; at least, for the appointed coaches and I wonder why?

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 am 

Odas wrote:
Some people - here - are already forecasting doom; at least, for the appointed coaches and I wonder why?

Because FECAFOOT is crap and could be a nightmare for inexperienced coaches like those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 am 

Enugu II wrote:
Coach wrote:

:rotf: I felt that something was amiss the way they both sat so close together. Very unusual for humans in terms of he we all use space. Quite odd.

Nothing is amiss, and I think ya'll miss the point badly...

Its a great vacation picture. All that is lacking is the hula strips and perhaps a straw hat!!!!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:27 am 

olu wrote:
Think this will end badly. Seedorf's short coaching career is unimpressive, while FECAFOOT is run in an unprofessional manner. Great players don't always make great coaches. You have to appoint the right ex-player.

What was Zidane pedigree before he coached Madrid?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 am 

camex wrote:
olu wrote:

Over 200 games and almost 50 goals plus assistant manager.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 am 

Enugu II wrote:
Coach wrote:

Una don't roti finish.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm 

kalani JR wrote:
camex wrote:
olu wrote:

Over 200 games and almost 50 goals plus assistant manager.

Seedorf has actually managed teams and was a world class player too