Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2670
Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40054
Location: Land of the Terrapins
He posted the FK he scored on his IG.


_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18331
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
marutimon wrote:
Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.


But is Porto B not the team he signed for? That much was clear at his signing, if I recollect correctly.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:39 am
Posts: 7040
Location: USA
marutimon wrote:
Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.


Who is this Nwakali's agent? As a matter of fact who are the agents for our Nigerian players? The guys I see on the field day in day out in all the European Leagues are no better than our most of our boys; Awniyi, The Nawkalis, Alanpasun, and lost of others; yet they can't seem to find a job with the premier first teams of the European countries? Why is that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19521
Igugu wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.


Who is this Nwakali's agent? As a matter of fact who are the agents for our Nigerian players? The guys I see on the field day in day out in all the European Leagues are no better than our most of our boys; Awniyi, The Nawkalis, Alanpasun, and lost of others; yet they can't seem to find a job with the premier first teams of the European countries? Why is that?


We're biased when it comes to our boys, they look good to us but the fact remains that they're just not good enough for the top teams yet. Etebo, our supposed best player at the wc is at a championship team, we just don't have the quality we think we have.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2670
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Igugu wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Unfortunately it would seem he played for Porto B and this would be the ultimate confirmation that he is with the second division side, not the main side. The bonus is that if he plays very well he could get games for the first team.

Apparently Nwakali was a livewire and way better than anyone else on the field.


Who is this Nwakali's agent? As a matter of fact who are the agents for our Nigerian players? The guys I see on the field day in day out in all the European Leagues are no better than our most of our boys; Awniyi, The Nawkalis, Alanpasun, and lost of others; yet they can't seem to find a job with the premier first teams of the European countries? Why is that?


We're biased when it comes to our boys, they look good to us but the fact remains that they're just not good enough for the top teams yet. Etebo, our supposed best player at the wc is at a championship team, we just don't have the quality we think we have.


You're wrong. The difference is that if a player like Nwakali was Brazilian he would have played a couple of seasons in Brazil then transferred to Europe for 20 mln EUR. Nwakali is all that, obviously. But he made a few poor decisions (like signing for Arsenal instead of a second tier club first) and just made the path much harder for himself.

The guy is pure quality. Anyone with half a brain can see he has world class potential.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6369
He isn't a bad or untalented player but not being a European means he has to be twice as good as his contemporaries. Porto B isn't a bad place to be - at least it's not Malta or Slovakia - he plays well he'll make the first team and all eyes are always on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2670
One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6369
marutimon wrote:
One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.


It would be imbecilic to invite him for that trait alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26785
kalani JR wrote:
marutimon wrote:
One thing: I don't care how well his career goes or how he is progressing, but he is by far Nigeria's best freekickj taker and it would be imbecilic not to invite him to the national side for that trait alone.


It would be imbecilic to invite him for that trait alone.


It would be imbecilic to think that is only strength.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54719
Location: United Kingdom
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19521
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?


He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54719
Location: United Kingdom
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?


He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.



You and I know that is a nonsense. Players far worse than Kelechi are playing in the Portuguese league!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40054
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?


He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.



You and I know that is a nonsense. Players far worse than Kelechi are playing in the Portuguese league!


Lol he’s not....

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2670
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?


He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.


Not true. At VVV he was the best player whenever he played. He was a victim of politics, as all loanees at the club got the short end of the stick due to internal fighting. All loanees were shafted wholesale.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87934
Location: Earth
the kelechi is one of the most hyped player ever. already 20 and yet to make a single noise in Europe, already a journey man... however you can catch him on IG 24/7.. the annoying part, is the bobo is a very good footballer

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40054
Location: Land of the Terrapins
marutimon wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I do not understand why he is not in the main Porto team. Is there any reason for this?


He could barely cut it at Venlo and the Dutch 2nd Div coach said he has to learn how to play both
Sides of the field. Porto B is the best place for now.


Not true. At VVV he was the best player whenever he played. He was a victim of politics, as all loanees at the club got the short end of the stick due to internal fighting. All loanees were shafted wholesale.


Hopefully he can show he's better than a B team player and get some time with the senior team...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8469
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

We're biased when it comes to our boys, they look good to us but the fact remains that they're just not good enough for the top teams yet. Etebo, our supposed best player at the wc is at a championship team, we just don't have the quality we think we have.


You sound like me :winking:

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3872
I hope this guy doesn’t turn into another Rabiu Ibrahim or Haruna Lukmon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40054
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Training with the first team :thumbs:


_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10240
maceo4 wrote:
Training with the first team :thumbs:


I don't know what to make of this! While Porto B were playing Gil Vicente, Kelechi was training with the first team squad. Is that temporary or permanent?
I believe he will eventually get his chance with the main team as Porto always promote their best young players to the first team e.g. Adrien Silva, Awaziem, Dalot etc.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8469
maceo4 wrote:
Training with the first team :thumbs:


Using him as a punching bag

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47297
Rawlings wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Training with the first team :thumbs:


Using him as a punching bag


We fit use you as punching bag? :D

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group