Chelsea vs City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea vs City

Post by Cristao II »

PS Stoke is staying down. I have no understanding of why they hired that yeye manager.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sarri should sign Hamsik
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
oloye wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Chelsea's defence is like a sieve
The problem is not the defence..look at the midfield and attack that offers nothing.
Not sure what Sari expects to get out of Jorginho and Cesc as the 2 deep CMs. neither one is a ball winner. Kante's return can't come soon enough else that team is in deep trouble

You guys do know that Kante and Hazard were not playing this game right :woot:
They both played last season and they did not make the top 4.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Common people - getting too fussed over a glorified friendly. This match served its purpose
1. Reinforce how far away CFC is from Man City
2. Show that a lot of work needs to be done on the field
3. Board needs to start bringing in players that will fit Sarri ball

I watched the 1st half - Main positive is that you could see difference in playing the ball out of a press. Still room for imprvement. Then CHO was positive.

Cons - need a better midfield pairing, the spacing in MF and defense when pressing still needs a lot of work. Also, there are a couple of players that won't fit Sarri system at the highest level. Board needs to use next two transfer windows to rectify that. The goal is top 4 with Liverpool & City clearly out of sight IMO.. I however think the squad (especially if Kante/Hazard stays) is good enough to finish top 4.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

jdizzy wrote:
oloye wrote:
The problem is not the defence..look at the midfield and attack that offers nothing.
Not sure what Sari expects to get out of Jorginho and Cesc as the 2 deep CMs. neither one is a ball winner. Kante's return can't come soon enough else that team is in deep trouble
Currently no better option. While Bakayoko is theoretically better defensively than both, he is not up to speed with the playing style/system. Kante coming back will be huge. The big question is what to do with 3rd CM (most advanced of the 3). Sarri currently sees Barkley as the best option there with RLC back up. But Barkley seems lost tactically on the demands of that role.

Upon Kante's return, Sarri should consider moving Cesc there or even try Willian there.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
oloye wrote:

What do you want them to do when half the team doesn’t want to play for the coach ? Give them chance under a new manager Haba
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This system would fit Mikel big time.. but no, Conte chased him away
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
oloye wrote:

What do you want them to do when half the team doesn’t want to play for the coach ? Give them chance under a new manager Haba
I am not condemning the manager, it would be a silly thing to do...just highlighting the problem i see with the team. The team is light in the attack. Kante coming in will add substance to the midfield....but the attack needs serious help otherwise they will huff and huff only to get done when the opposition attacks them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
oloye wrote:

I am not condemning the manager, it would be a silly thing to do...just highlighting the problem i see with the team. The team is light in the attack. Kante coming in will add substance to the midfield....but the attack needs serious help otherwise they will huff and huff only to get done when the opposition attacks them.

Man mi, again the presence of Hazard alone on the field alleviates a lot of the problems .... his threat alone opens the field for others. If Odoi is given a chance to play and develop, it will be scary with Willian, Odoi and Hazard on the field at the same time depending on how the coach deploys them with Kante protecting the back .... that seems on paper to be a well balanced team
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

^Closet Blues. Knows more about Chelaea than Sari himself :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:

Man mi, again the presence of Hazard alone on the field alleviates a lot of the problems .... his threat alone opens the field for others. If Odoi is given a chance to play and develop, it will be scary with Willian, Odoi and Hazard on the field at the same time depending on how the coach deploys them with Kante protecting the back .... that seems on paper to be a well balanced team

Personally, I have no issues with the first team, when everyone is back. My problem is the confidence on the bench. Who does the coach turn to when the first team is having an off day?

The gulf in quality between option 1 and options 2 and 3 in every position in midfield is alarming.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:But for Caballero, this could easily have been 5 nil
His the one good thing that Chelsea got from this match.
They can send Courtois and Hazard now to Madrid and get some real attacking talent back in return (Lucas Vazquez, Ascensio and a 100M to spend on a top flight striker)
U don high ...U think CFC go spend 100 on one player
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This system would fit Mikel big time.. but no, Conte chased him away
CAN SOMEONE BLOCK THIS BILE DUCT CONTENT AWAY FROM THIS SITE? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ekorian wrote:^Closet Blues. Knows more about Chelaea than Sari himself :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
na so una label me a Gooner O..this label looks like Libel..if I were Anipoopcarrot I would sue! :evil:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

paj wrote:
Ekorian wrote:^Closet Blues. Knows more about Chelaea than Sari himself :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
na so una label me a Gooner O..this label looks like Libel..if I were Anipoopcarrot I would sue! :evil:
Pa Janitor, why are you flogging a dead horse. No be you talk say you be gunner before joining chelsea? Abeg no make me revive the thread. Go eat your boli and epa jejely and pray make this thread die a natural death biko.
Last edited by Ekorian on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

never liked Conte( MiKel, Terry, Costa, Luiz ) etc Conte destroyed Chelsea
SuperEagles