Nigeria vs Argentina all games 1994

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Nigeria vs Argentina all games 1994

Post by john12 »

I have read the type of insults that rohr has endured from Some CE fanatics and is sick and tired of their delusions. Infact, they even branded a great tactics as “football coward” and this has made me post a collage of games vs Argentina at the WC
First one is the 1994 one

1)
Our golden generation played against Argentina in the first game and we actually played well but “Lost” this is probably our best against them since 1998

2) 2002 Wc

We decided to play an open game at this match instead of respecting superstars and were humiliated on the field. Infact, Ike shorunmu had his best ever SE performance because the game could easily had ended 5-0

3) 2010
We decided once again to play an open game and was totally embarrassed. This match has to rank as enyeama best ever SE game and SE one of the worst game at WC. This game could had ended 7-0 easily (no exaggeration)

4) 2014,
Once again, we decided to play an open game and were carved open like an olosho at quilox. Enyeama had to put in a MOM performance to save us. We played decent here sha

5) 2018-
For the first time against Argentina, we came with a game plan, good tactics, organization and weren’t broken easily. Infact, due to ROhR tactics and gallant display by the boys, we actually had a chance of winning this game. For the first time against Argentina at WC, we had chances of winning the game of our boy “ighalo” had taken his opportunity. After the game, instead of Crooks to encourage our boys and coach they insulted the man by calling his tactics “football coward” did they realize that we played against the best “STRIKEFORCE” at WC? Did they realize that this was our best Ever game against “ARGENTINA” at WC?? Did they realize that most of our players are rated “AVERAGE” and and Argentina has better “pound for pound” players?? So where’s the insults/arrogance/delusions stemming from??I’m sorry but I am sick and tired of insults that rohr has been enduring here and whoever goat Calls that performance against Argentina as “football coward” needs his head re-examined and needs to rewatch all those games I posted here. Like I previously said, ROhR tactics against Argentina was 500% spot on due to his personnel available, opponents he faced and caliber of lethal finishers Argentina have available.
akamoke
Re: Nigeria vs Argentina all games 1994

Post by akamoke »

The common denominator in all the games is we lost by the lone score, so the "destroyed" part does not fly, and guess what, Rufai, Shorunmu and Enyeama were part of the eagles team and their contribution in saving many goalbound efforts must add to them solidifying the team..and they are part of the team
Just as Ighalo not scoring was part of what made the 2018 team a poor one

It doesnt matter who is playing or who is coaching, Nigeria has proven that it has yet to have the mental capacity to beat Argentina in a competitive match

On your point 5, Croatia did not care much for the best strike force when they whipped them to submission in the group stages
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.