Nigeria’s Emmanuel Amuneke appointed Tanzania coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria’s Emmanuel Amuneke appointed Tanzania coach

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Happy for Amuneke. He definitely has his work cut out for him. Unlike the U17 team he coached that was blessed with talent, Tanzania will struggle to compete talent wise against Africa's top teams. He will have to work hard to earn his money in Tanzania. I do hope people won't be quick to give up on him if he struggles in Tanzania.
Apparently, Tanzanians arent like us.
They are more patient and don't panic. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Emma get good agent o. Two foreign contracts back to back.

Sia1 needs to fire his agents.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pens wrote:Nigeria’s Emmanuel Amuneke appointed Tanzania coach
By Dennis Erezi
06 August 2018 | 2:59 pm

Ex-Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke has being appointed head coach of Tanzania national team.

The Nigerian will now be in charge of the Taifa Stars and will attempt to get their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign back on track.

The 47-year-old signed a two-year deal to take over from Salum Mayanga, who was shown the way out for poor results.

His first priority will be to get the Taifa Stars’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign back on track.

Details later….
http://guardian.ng/news/nigerias-emmanu ... nia-coach/
Good for him! I wish him success
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote:Emma get good agent o. Two foreign contracts back to back.

Isn't Amuneke more qualified (license wise) than Siasia? If so, then that is why
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

F360 wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
  • - why a foreign coach? we prefer local coaches
    - They are mostly mercenaries just in for the money
    - This coach has no credentials..... his CV is hollow
    - Can't they do better
[This is what Nigerians say when they get a foreign coach]

Do Nigerians say this when it pertains to foreign coaches from European countries or actual successful foreign coaches from other African countries[/quote]
Naija has never got the latter, so why bring it up?
Nigerians say this when they get a foreign coach. PERIOD
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Happy for Amuneke. He definitely has his work cut out for him. Unlike the U17 team he coached that was blessed with talent, Tanzania will struggle to compete talent wise against Africa's top teams. He will have to work hard to earn his money in Tanzania. I do hope people won't be quick to give up on him if he struggles in Tanzania.
Tanzanians have been patient (=zero success) since independence, so why panic now :)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

:clap:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tanzanians have been patient (=zero success) since independence, so why panic now :)
Which is about the same time period since Ghana won the ANC :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ikemba wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Which is about the same time period since Ghana won the ANC :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Awesome news!! congrats to him! :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Odas wrote:

Isn't Amuneke more qualified (license wise) than Siasia? If so, then that is why
Amunike is a household name across Africa. He is almost as famous as Kanu and Okocha for anyone that watched football in the 1990s. He probably has a fan amongst the Tanzanian administrators. He also produced one of the most dominating U-17 teams a few years back.

The question is whether Tanzania has the quality players. Its not going to be easy. But he is doing the rounds like Herve Renard until he gets a chance with talent.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Odas wrote:

Siasia is a disappointment in this regard.
I remember asking him why he wasn't going out looking for jobs when I met him in SA 2010. His stock was high after winning a silver medal in the 2008 Olympics he should have capitalised on this and actively pursued foreign jobs.
The feeling I got however was he was waiting for the Super Eagles job and wasn't really interested in doing the graft.
YNWA
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

If Amuneke gets some traction with the Tanzania job, he'll be the logical replacement for Rohr.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

heavyd wrote:
Odas wrote:

I remember asking him why he wasn't going out looking for jobs when I met him in SA 2010. His stock was high after winning a silver medal in the 2008 Olympics he should have capitalised on this and actively pursued foreign jobs.
The feeling I got however was he was waiting for the Super Eagles job and wasn't really interested in doing the graft.
Siasia's case is still baffling to me, as i believe he and Oliseh had the tools to succeed. It was quite disappointing when he publicly castigated his players after a poor outing, and basically proclaimed that African youths are daft, therefore he was done coaching youth teams :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: This is someone who came to prominence through coaching youth teams, and was a top youth player himself.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

We are trying to give your people a chance. He should remember that if Tanzania fails to beat Malawi and Kenya then his job is gone.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Odas wrote:

Siasia's case is still baffling to me, as i believe he and Oliseh had the tools to succeed. It was quite disappointing when he publicly castigated his players after a poor outing, and basically proclaimed that African youths are daft, therefore he was done coaching youth teams :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: This is someone who came to prominence through coaching youth teams, and was a top youth player himself.
That could be attributed to his limited leadership skills, putting emotion ahead of common sense. The famed Docteur Nico Kasanda (world's best lead guitarist by a mile) also reportedly alienated the members of his band by reminding them how useless they were without him. They promptly left him and Franco TPOK jazz filled the void. Pa Ohsee can attest to this.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Like Keshi, Sia1 dream was to coach SE.

He also wanted to succeed coaching SE so tay he declined the job when he felt he was not yet ready.

But when you get two opportunities and blow it, who can u blame?

I hung out with him just after NFF gave Lagerbeer $600,0000 to coach SE for a few months. My friend vex no be small.

But now he needs to do what Keshi did with Togo and what Amuneke has an opportunity to do with Tanzania.

Contrary to what has been claimed on this thread, his resume has been pitched to various african national team jobs over the years. Some claim they shortlisted him, only for the job to go to another journeyman Oyinbo.

It baffles me because apart from his football and coaching pedigree, bobo dey speak french well well thus expanding his marketability.

So kudos to Amuneke's team for quietly landing him those foreign jobs, but Sia1 needs a new agent.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

heavyd wrote:
Odas wrote:

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote:
  • - why a foreign coach? we prefer local coaches
    - They are mostly mercenaries just in for the money
    - This coach has no credentials..... his CV is hollow
    - Can't they do better
[This is what Nigerians say when they get a foreign coach]
Didnt read the comment from Rawlings. I assume its another trolling episode.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Has any African team produced as many coaches as Nigeria's 1994 team? The following went on to have coaching/managerial careers:

Keshi
Eguavoen
Amunike
Siasia
Oliseh
George
Amokachi
Emenalo
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Even Rufai had a goalkeepers academy in Spain
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wiseone wrote:Has any African team produced as many coaches as Nigeria's 1994 team? The following went on to have coaching/managerial careers:

Keshi
Eguavoen
Amunike
Siasia
Oliseh
George
Amokachi
Emenalo
ADD:

Emeka Ezeugo
Ben Iroha
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Way to go soldiers :thumb: :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051