WE have taken OUR campaign to Twitter!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WE have taken OUR campaign to Twitter!

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: These must be from a part of Espana where football is not played/supported

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Wannabes are everywhere. WE are the world.
http://www.naijiant.com/
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

In most of the places that Fortaleza has listed the vast majority are not groupies. I support Enyimba but I have moved to the UK. If I form an Enyimba fans club in the UK does that make me a 'We'? In Nigeria the situation is different. People in large numbers claim to support clubs that they have no connection to. Waffiman has a connection to Arsenal as he lives in London. I can take my son to West Ham games as the club is fairly local to where I live (I won't. I don't like them). But supporting Liverpool from Tamale is as far fetched as Fortaleza's claim that he was at Brazil 2014.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Many WE confuse "like" with "support". When Obama ran for presidency for the 1st time, I "liked" him but didn't "support" him. Obama "supporters" are those that worked in different ways to get him elected. Watching a team on telly or messing around on social media is not "support".
But if the lady in the tweet is wearing an official Liverpool shirt is she not supporting the club financially? Hasn't she forged her own link to the club in buying the shirt?

I like Arsenal, but I don't support them - I don't attend their home matches nor buy their merchandise.
Different ways to support a team, different levels of support. No way or level is better or superior. It all comes down to individual choice.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Waffiman wrote:
Different ways to support a team, different levels of support. No way or level is better or superior. It all comes down to individual choice.
That's the koko of the matter. Some “support” is less “organic”, no links, no connections, more ephemeral, more fair weather, more likely to drift away when things get rough. I have two Chelski friends. One said: “I started supporting them in 1976 when they were sh*t”. The other started “supporting” in the Roman era and said to me: “I will stop supporting them if they are relegated”. One is a London boy with a connection to the club and has supported them for nearly all his life. The other is a wannabe and when he says “Blues for life”, I usually say to him “how can you be a Blue for life when you started the ish as a fully grown man?”

How come we can’t find West Ham, Sunderland, Burnley, etc supporters in Nigeria? Sunderland are in League One now and the real fans are still packing the stadium.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Waffiman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Many WE confuse "like" with "support". When Obama ran for presidency for the 1st time, I "liked" him but didn't "support" him. Obama "supporters" are those that worked in different ways to get him elected. Watching a team on telly or messing around on social media is not "support".
But if the lady in the tweet is wearing an official Liverpool shirt is she not supporting the club financially? Hasn't she forged her own link to the club in buying the shirt?

I like Arsenal, but I don't support them - I don't attend their home matches nor buy their merchandise.
Will you stop supporting Arsenal if they were relegated?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
That's the koko of the matter. Some “support” is less “organic”, no links, no connections, more ephemeral, more fair weather, more likely to drift away when things get rough. I have two Chelski friends. One said: “I started supporting them in 1976 when they were sh*t”. The other started “supporting” in the Roman era and said to me: “I will stop supporting them if they are relegated”. One is a London boy with a connection to the club and has supported them for nearly all his life. The other is a wannabe and when he says “Blues for life”, I usually say to him “how can you be a Blue for life when you started the ish as a fully grown man?”

How come we can’t find West Ham, Sunderland, Burnley, etc supporters in Nigeria? Sunderland are in League One now and the real fans are still packing the stadium.
Don't mind them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that Etebo has joined Stoke, let's how many Nigerians will support Stoke. :mrgreen:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

aruako1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Will you stop supporting Arsenal if they were relegated?
Nope.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Waffiman wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that Etebo has joined Stoke, let's how many Nigerians will support Stoke. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: Many Nigerians say they started supporting the Arse b/c of Kanu, they started supporting Chelski b/c of Babayaro. But very few supported Pompey when Kanu went there, they didn't support Everton (Amo, Yobo), they didn't follow Yak to Boro, Pompey, etc.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:

:lol: :lol: Many Nigerians say they started supporting the Arse b/c of Kanu, they started supporting Chelski b/c of Babayaro. But very few supported Pompey when Kanu went there, they didn't support Everton (Amo, Yobo), they didn't follow Yak to Boro, Pompey, etc.
We have players at Genk. No supporters.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

aruako1 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Don't mind them.

seek..and you shall Hammer
football is global, support does not necessarily have to be from Naija

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

Costa Rica Reds

Mexican Kopites

Even ze German Reds too dey

must be their colomentality

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
:lol: :lol: Desperation to find out if you are walking alone in your groupie madness.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually very easy to find and debunk your madness
Good thing about the www, it refutes all your nonsense

Signed,
Bilbao Reds

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1. colomentality
2. Not much of a league in those countries
3. Former British colonies

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Any Mysterious Dwarfs supporters in East London?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Any Mysterious Dwarfs supporters in East London?

1. colomentality
2. Not much of a league in those countries
3. Former British colonies

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

tfco wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Don't mind them.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Nigeria was mentioned in context - this is a Nigerian site remember? Where are these phantom Ghanaian hammers? What is their number?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:

I too like my people. Them like betta thing nor be small. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

aruako1 wrote:
tfco wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Don't mind them.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Nigeria was mentioned in context - this is a Nigerian site remember? Where are these phantom Ghanaian hammers? What is their number?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

aruako1 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

We have players at Genk. No supporters.
The name sef don guarantee say Naija nor wan know. :lol: :lol: :lol:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

You Lillypool guys are jobless :rotf: :rotf:
These are your pepus.... :taunt: :rotf: :rotf:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it